Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Foods you no longer enjoy

I've heard that some people don't enjoy some foods the same or either don't tolerate them the same. This is in the context of foods that you are supposed to have not high fat/sugar stuff. Has anyone had this issue? Which foods are a no-no for you now?

I've heard changes in taste aren't as significant with the sleeve as they are with other surgeries. But, I find that I don't enjoy super sweet stuff as much as I used to. I suspect it's more because I don't let myself have sweet things (other than the occasional portion of fruit, "healthy" ice cream, or Protein shake) so I'm more sensitive to sweets now.

Nothing. My tastes are pretty much the same. I make better choices.

I will say things I didn't like before I really hate now, like yogurt. I don't waste calories on food I don't love.

My taste buds and food likes/dislikes have changed. I can't stand any type of minced meat -shiver- smells have changed as well. It's been difficult finding foods that I still like. But other people have said after a while you go back to "normal". I shall see [emoji4]

I was also one of those people who sweat all the time and living in the South with humidity was horrible but now I have to take a sweater everywhere I go cuz I'm constantly cold all the time...Its totally different but they say it should go back but so far I'm still cold

Sent from my SM-N910V using BariatricPal mobile app

I've heard that some people don't enjoy some foods the same or either don't tolerate them the same. This is in the context of foods that you are supposed to have not high fat/sugar stuff. Has anyone had this issue? Which foods are a no-no for you now?

So far the only thing that has really changed is I can't really eat eggs. I was a big egg fan pre surgery. Scrambled, omelettes and I made a killer egg salad using EVOO instead of mayo that was a staple.

I find I have a distaste now for fatty cuts of meat which was not the case pre surgery. But it's not a tolerance issue.

Fortunately I have no issues with spicy things. I love me my sriacha! Last night I made a great slow cooker chicken and tomatillo stew with chickpeas and lots good spices and of course jalapeños.

But I do miss eggs. Simple, easy and cheap.

So far the only thing that has really changed is I can't really eat eggs. I was a big egg fan pre surgery. Scrambled, omelettes and I made a killer egg salad using EVOO instead of mayo that was a staple.

I find I have a distaste now for fatty cuts of meat which was not the case pre surgery. But it's not a tolerance issue.

Fortunately I have no issues with spicy things. I love me my sriacha! Last night I made a great slow cooker chicken and tomatillo stew with chickpeas and lots good spices and of course jalapeños.

I love spicy foods so I hope thats not an issue for me once I get there.

I love spicy foods so I hope thats not an issue for me once I get there.

Potatoes, especially french fries, taste like salty cardboard. It's the only thing that changed for me. Definitely a plus in my book, I don't need fries anyways.

My tastes have changed drastically post op, even 2 years later. Some foods I have hated for as long as I can remember don't seem to bother me anymore. Foods that I have loved my entire life make me sick or uncomfortable. And some foods that were "meh" before are now my favorites.

Pretty much any bread, white potato, or rice leaves me either uncomfortable or sick. lol, my all time favorite Breakfast used to be biscuits and sausage gravy. It was even my "last meal" before surgery. I tried it once post op and it was just nasty. Just felt like coagulated fat and clumpy carbs.

Green Beans have been a 20+ year hated vegetable. Now I can eat them without gagging. Peanut Butter I have hated for 15 years is now one of my go-to's.

eggs may be my favorite food now, they are just so damned versatile!

I used to love ice cream and would at times eat 2 pints of hagen das in a day. Now I can only have a spoonful of ice cream, and only certain flavors at that. I stick to Halo Top now, again only certain flavors, but I bought a couple of the single serving hagen das cups post op and it tasted completely gross - like a pile of sugar and the fattiness of it made me feel sick. Could only take a spoonful and threw the rest out. I can't tell you how happy I am that I don't like ice cream post op. It was a real problem food for me preop.

I also dislike caramel flavored anything now, which I used to love. Ah, well... I'd rather be thin.

I have even the Premier drinks they are so sweet have to drink them down fast. Also I used to like salmon so I bought salmon patties from Sams that was just nasty. Every day my taste buds change. I want to ask some of you when you burp do you taste a burn taste in your mouth. I've been tasting this since surgery.