Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy Sunday everyone. I was sleeved on 6/12 and I am struggling with a couple of things. First off it may be a mental issue but I don't look any different. I had 60 pounds to lose and I have lost 27 so far. My clothes fit different but to my eyes I seem the same. Second, anyone else feel like their stomach healed a little too well. :) I seem to tolerate things very well. A friend did it prior to me and couldn't stomach meats until way later. I am eating the correct portion but feel like I could handle more. My concerns and emotions are way out of whack. Ready to feel normal again.

1. It is amazing how we see ourselves as opposed to how others see us. We look in the mirror through a lens of years of negative self-talk. Stop looking at yourself and instead soak up what others say about you. If you only have 60 pounds to lose then there is no doubt that 27 pounds are noticeable...own it!

2. My stomach healed awesome! Be thankful for that. I was so bummed to think that I was taking a perfectly healthy digestive system and making drastic changes to it with the possibility of having food sensitivities, GERD and a host of other possibilities that I just never had to deal with. Thankfully that did not happen and I am super happy about it.

3. If your "normal" is like before surgery then say bye, bye to normal:-) A new normal will begin to emerge. My new normal is being able to pass every junk food restaurant without even once thinking of giving it a go. It is having the control to stop eating when I'm full and push the plate away while I concentrate on the amazing friends and family I am with. It is enjoying a hike with my husband and son. Now is the time to create a new normal for yourself. In no time you will be eating out, enjoying friends and family, and living an amazingly fuller, happier life because you are a new, healthier normal.

I have ~39 pounds of the 80 that I had to lose. I love the way my body feels, moves and looks. Would I like tighter skin? You bet...but I'm completely ok with it just as it is now. Wow! What a revelation! Like I said...own it!!!!

Take care.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches