Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Old veteran, getting back on track

Hi all, just checking in. I had a rough week. My job has been switching back and forth between daytime management and night time management. I'm beat. I have really had a tough time getting good restful sleep and I know that it's taking a toll on me.

Hoping everyone is doing well.

On August 12, 2017 at 11:22 PM, proudgrammy said:

@gmanbat

how have things been going these past 10 days??

keep your spirits UP

while your weight goes DOWN!

good luck:rolleyes:

kathy

I am doing well. I had a VERY exhausting day last week helping my wife do a quick but thorough clean up on a rental property, (not ours). I had cramps well into midnight afterwards, drank much Pickle Juice. That day I ate all I could get down. Otherwise, I am still hearing my sleeve and eating Protein first.

I am in good spirits, I KNOW I will make it back down to goal. It is the same feeling I had when I first lost the weight, the enemy is on the run, I am chasing him down and killing him off....😬😀

I have GREAT NEWS!!! Even though I haven't had much success in the way of actual LOSS, I have gotten my job sorted out and will be going back to a solid predictable schedule. I know this will help a lot. The only disruption to my schedule will be my weekends, about every 4 weeks I'll work a full night/weekend shift.

My shift will also allow me to get a solid 7 hours of sleep most nights and leave room in my day for a cat nap if necessary. It will also give me a time frame to allow for the gym or the Y. Now it's all up to me to actually MAKE all of this happen, and to get my eating back on track. I know this probably seems like small potatoes, but considering the work schedule I've had for the last few months, this is a dream come true for me.

Congrats for recognizing you're off track. I'm off track too. I had my sleeve 6/2015. Lost more than my goal and my lowest weight was 147 (too skinny for my 5'10 frame to be honest). I've slid back into terrible junk food habits over the last year in particular and am up to 166. Although I rationalize that this still isn't a "bad" weight, and below my original ultimate goal of 175, it's a slippery slope. 166 this year, 175 next year, et cetera... Started logging my food again today! We can do this!!

How's everyone doing? Had anyone lost anymore? Is anyone struggling? I'm 13 days out from lap band to sleeve revision so I feel like this is my back on track opportunity. I gained back about 75% of my lapband loss so I have great strides to make. Plus I never got to goal. Never reached that last 35 pounds so this time I'm going for all of it! I have 75 pounds to lose. Let's do this!!!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

I feel like I'm following the same path as you gman, I was sleeved in 2014, did well for almost two years, but over the past year I've totally lost focus and I'm regaining. As with you, I got off all meds, rejoiced in my new body after losing over 100 lbs, felt full of energy, enjoyed the experience of tossing the old fat clothes and building a new "normal" sized wardrobe. I also looked forward to my doctor visits as my health improved and got a supporting round of reinforcement as an example of WLS success. But over the year, I've let unhealthy snacking creep back in, as my weight has grown my energy levels have decreased and along with that less enthusiasm for exercise, I've gone up a couple of sizes in clothes, and I have disconnected with my doctors.

As far as the effectiveness of the sleeve, it's still there, I cannot overeat in one sitting, the full factor is still as prominent as it was 3 years ago, but that senseless hunger and desire for food has returned. I've regained about 30- 35 lbs from my min weight, so it's not insurmountable, but getting the ball rolling again has been the problem. There are a lot of changes happening in my life right now, but that was always the excuse with or without the sleeve. So when folks like gman and others come here for reinforcement and help, I feel like a poor example and I'm not sure how I can help. Maybe by exploring our issues in the open, someone will find clues that will guide them back to their path towards goal.

So, I can't offer an answer, but I do have questions, such as, have any of you drifted from your healthcare support system? How important do you think that plays in staying on track and focused? How do you track your intake? Do you track calories as well as nutrition?

Edited by vincereautmori
multi post

Edited by vincereautmori
multi post