Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein oatmeal

I tried and it didn't work for me. I did not care for the taste when I mixed Protein Powder in with the oatmeal. Also, you have to be careful because Protein powders will not dissolve but will clump if the liquid they are mixed into is more than 130 degrees.

Quaker has the prepackaged Protein Oatmeal. It is good but the serving size was way to much. I haven't had oatmeal for a long time because it was one of the things I could eat without throwing up. I had problems withh Strictures. Which is kind of like scar tissue as I healed it closed my stoma up. So I basically almost starved because I had 5 endoscopes with 4 dialations. It started around my 6th week when I told my Surgeon what it felt like he said maybe we should take a look. I didn't think it was worth the Endoscope. Man was I wrong!! Nov of 2013 was my first Endo, Dec of 2013, Jan 2014, July 2014, with my last one on Jan 2015. Let me tell you if my stomach hurts just a little I am so afraid that they came back. Any way if you like Cranberry and Almond Oatmea it has the added protein, also banana and WALNUTS also have the added protein. If you could just eat until you are full then go back to it later. I just never could because I am not much on leftovers. Good Luck and keep us in the know!!

I got one from TheWorldAccordingtoEggFace website that I love. You put oats (I use 1/3 cup of the Old Fashion ones) in a small mason jar. Then I top it off with Premier Protein (maybe 1/4 plus a splash) and stir in a small scoop of powdered Peanut Butter (PB2). Stir and let sit overnight in the fridge. I zap it for a few minutes in the morning just to get the chill off. It is delicious and I am full until lunchtime! You can use any flavor combination! My favorite is chocolate peanut butter.

I have this at least 3 times a week. I make my oatmeal like normal, but I like mine a little runny. After pulling it out of the microwave and letting it cool to an edible temp, I add a scoop of my Protein powder. Doesn't matter what flavor to me anymore.

On 23.7.2017 at 7:08 PM, Diana_in_Philly said:

I tried and it didn't work for me. I did not care for the taste when I mixed Protein Powder in with the oatmeal.

You might have to experiment with different powders. I like only one mixed with oatmeal - anything else was *blargh*.

Since I'm still pretty early out I use a mini food-processor for a more fine consistency of oatmeal. But anyways, I add a dash of cinnamon to dry oatmeal, 1 scoop of unflavored GENEPRO Protein powder, 1/2 pack Truvia, stir thoroughly so everything gets incorporated. I then add 1% milk and cook in microwave. As soon as it comes out, I add a small amount of vanilla extract and stir. It is SO good. No aftertaste at all, and it is creamy.