Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having a really hard time coming up with something I can eat for Breakfast. I'm 7 months out and have been struggling for a couple of months now. I ate the triple zero yogurt with fruit for so long that I can't stand the smell of the yogurt by itself anymore. I couldn't eat eggs at breakfast before surgery so I'm terrified to try them now. Unfortunately there isn't much out there that has enough Protein that isn't yogurt or eggs!

Occasionally I make a chicken salad and I can eat that, but it gets old after a day or two. I have given up on ever liking tuna again, once in a while I can stomach it but not often. I had been visiting the subway in the lobby of the place I work and just getting the meat that would come on a 6inch sub but even that turns my stomach some days. I'm just at a loss. Today I tried an overnight oats recipe that was higher in protein, but I'm not sure if that was a good idea. I wasn't able to eat lunch because I got extremely nauseous and had some stomach pains a couple of hours after eating it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd appreciate any help!

Cottage cheese, beef Jerky

One of my favorite breakfasts is white Beans with roasted diced tomatoes (both canned) with avocado and Moroccan spices. It's really easy to split into small servings from one batch. I also like adding a over easy egg on top. I just myself moved to purée myself but am really looking forward to eating this again.

HW-292 • SW (6/29/17) 256.6 • CW 243.2

I am in the same place with breakfast. I don't like cottage cheese but the white bean combo soinds great

I'll have to try the white bean combo! I eat beef Jerky for a snack later in the day usually, but I haven't tried cottage cheese in a while. I'll try that again too. Thanks for the help!

I can't remember what you can/can't eat 7 months out but I usually have Kay's natural Cereal (buy through Walmart.com) with Fair Life milk. I wasn't a big egg fan prior to surgery but I love a frittata now!

I have the same problem! I can't stand eggs, or cottage cheese. I can't find lower sugar oatmeal that doesn't have cinnamon in it (I love cinnamon, but apparently my post op tummy says no), so I can't even eat that! Protein Shakes make me nauseous...no matter how I make them, and I'm sick to death of yogurt with fruit it it! I am just over 4 weeks post op. I have to FORCE myself to eat.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm preop so I can't tell you specific food options but I have the same issue with eating things over and over - whereas my husband has eaten the same exact bowl of oatmeal every day for 10+ years... jerk lol. (And we've only been together 5 years! His relationship with his oatmeal is more than double ours! :lol:)

One thing I've tried with success is to find at least 2-3 options and rotate them. Right now my main 2 are a breakfast sandwich (whole grain english muffin, turkey sausage, egg, thin slice of colby jack) and the Kashi cinnamon harvest cereal. I basically alternate them so I'm never eating the same thing 2 days in a row, and sometimes I have to get up and rush out so I just eat a Protein Bar or get an Egg McMuffin, and that helps add variety too.

Obviously you'll need different food choices, but try that approach and see if you can stretch your taste buds a bit longer. You're not alone! Good luck. :)

15 hours ago, lisan82 said:

I'm having a really hard time coming up with something I can eat for Breakfast. I'm 7 months out and have been struggling for a couple of months now. I ate the triple zero yogurt with fruit for so long that I can't stand the smell of the yogurt by itself anymore. I couldn't eat eggs at breakfast before surgery so I'm terrified to try them now. Unfortunately there isn't much out there that has enough Protein that isn't yogurt or eggs!

Occasionally I make a chicken salad and I can eat that, but it gets old after a day or two. I have given up on ever liking tuna again, once in a while I can stomach it but not often. I had been visiting the subway in the lobby of the place I work and just getting the meat that would come on a 6inch sub but even that turns my stomach some days. I'm just at a loss. Today I tried an overnight oats recipe that was higher in Protein, but I'm not sure if that was a good idea. I wasn't able to eat lunch because I got extremely nauseous and had some stomach pains a couple of hours after eating it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd appreciate any help!

I struggle with breakfast as well so I will have a Pure Protein Shake that has 35g of protein OR a Pure Protein bar that has 20g of protein in it .. the shakes I prefer the Cookies n cream flavor and the bars I have Choc. w/ peanut caramel and its pretty good! hope this helps :)

I appreciate all the help! I've tried going back to the Protein Shakes in the mornings, but I find I either can't get it all down or I'm hungry within an hour. I know that's probably all in my head. I just need to do a better job of alternating I think. I tend to want to do the same thing every day because it's easy, but that hasn't been working. I really appreciate all of the encouragement as well!

I am 16 months post op but I can eat anything. Normally when I don't have a lot of time in the morning I eat a nature valley bar and a banana (with about 30 minutes in between) if I have time I do boiled egg with slice of toast with Peanut Butter. Of I'm being lazy I get a egg mcmuffin and eat half. Save the other half for the next day. On the weekends I make kodiac pancakes (high on protein) what I have learned about my stomach is that I can eat a full healthy meal in intervals. Remember you are eating way less regardless and will be fine. But I need your Protein and nutritions. I lost too much weight and finally am back to where I want to be. It's easy to forget that we have to eat healthy as much as possible. I love junk food and candy and I do not deprive myself from anything, however o eat so much healthier now than I ever did because if I don't my body feels weak and I look and feel sickly. Good Luck

I'm pre-op as well, but I would ask, why does it have to be breakfast food? Just make breakfast your insignificant meal. Something you eat, only to refuel your body. Right? Eat leftovers. Eat turkey roll-ups. Eat meat salads like chicken/tuna/salmon salad. Eat sardines and mustard! (hehe--caveman style: nekkid, standing over the sink, dressed only in your undies, with the lights out and the refrigerator door open) Just eat 2-3oz of Protein, 5 grape tomatoes and be done with it. :) From everything I read, if you put solid protein in your tum-tum, you will stay satisfied longer anyway--longer than protein drinks/bars.

I love having taco meat in the fridge, cuz it's so easy to portion out. I throw in an ounce of spinach, nuke to rewarm. Stir it up. Add some salsa, a dollop of Greek yogurt (sub for sour cream), and meal done! BAM! :)

I'm pre-op as well, but I would ask, why does it have to be breakfast food? Just make breakfast your insignificant meal. Something you eat, only to refuel your body. Right? Eat leftovers. Eat turkey roll-ups. Eat meat salads like chicken/tuna/salmon salad. Eat sardines and mustard! (hehe--caveman style: nekkid, standing over the sink, dressed only in your undies, with the lights out and the refrigerator door open) Just eat 2-3oz of Protein, 5 grape tomatoes and be done with it. [emoji4] From everything I read, if you put solid protein in your tum-tum, you will stay satisfied longer anyway--longer than protein drinks/bars.
I love having taco meat in the fridge, cuz it's so easy to portion out. I throw in an ounce of spinach, nuke to rewarm. Stir it up. Add some salsa, a dollop of Greek yogurt (sub for sour cream), and meal done! BAM! [emoji4]

Yesterday's breakfast was five slices of pepperoni, a stick of cheddar, and six almonds! I get so tired of eggs and finding low carb breakfast foods isn't easy so i eat whatever. Day before was a chicken thigh.