Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesssss that is definitely me. Still wearing size 16. I was so worried about rapid weight loss but that's not the case even though I am happy that within 4 weeks I am down 19 pounds. I guess for me I am ready to be happy about the surgery because thus far I am not. I am struggling so hard emotionally and mentally about the surgery now. Seems everything is hard for me. I don't have energy however. That's a big issue for me. I'm always tired and have no energy or motivation to do anything but hopefully all this turn around.

Rny may 23 n I'm down 30 pounds but I still see the 273 girl on may 1. (I was 265 day of surgery) everyone else has commented on it but I don't see it except some tops r looser n baggier. As an RN I'm exhausted at end of 12 hrs so not a lot of exercise for me but I do resistance bands everyday. I'll have to try pics too n see if I can notice.

Do you all get your Protein in? It has been hard for me but when I get enough protein and my Vitamins I have more energy than when I don't . I got some Vitamin Water today at Safeway. 15 g of protein in 16 ounces. And it tastes great. It's on sale his week 3 for $5.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 199 GW 135

IMG_5581.JPG IMG_5865.JPG

The first pic was around. June 13 pré surgery
I am on the far left. The second one was taken July 9

Mich W

I agree... You look great! How much weight have you lost thus far

I've lost 24 pounds now. Probably a couple more than the second pic

Mich W

Btw thank you!!!

Mich W

I could not see the weight come off as much when I lost 23 lbs but other people did.
I am 4 months post op and lost 65 lbs so far. I really see it. I exercise at gym at least 4 times a week. I do Water aerobics as well. I had knee replacement in one knee 2 yrs before surgery and needed knee surgery in other knee for meniscus and arthritis. My knees feel so great now that the weight is coming off. I don't need surgery. I walk like a new person.
I had the sleeve Done March 10 2017.
So things will get better. Enjoy the journey to a new you[emoji3]!.

Sent from my D6708 using BariatricPal mobile app

CONGRATULATIONS and tell him to stop that!!! You don't look like a Booble Head. I'm ready to be where you are so I can see it. This journey has been a hard 1 thus far but it's only 4 weeks old so I guess I have to develop some patience. This is me now
IMG_20170709_194149.thumb.jpg.e77b37dca825da11965c8eb7c8ae869c.jpg

We'll tell him you no longer look like a bobble head and he better be careful because if you still look like a bobble head to him he needs glasses you look beautiful now. Great job! This is not an immediate cure, we didn't gain it overnight and it can't be lost overnight. We have to really get active and work hard to lose it's not an instant weight loss!

Sent from my N9519 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had RNY April 19th and have lost 108lbs and while I know I have lost weight I still don't see it. I agree that after being overweight for so long and being so used to seeing myself that way I don't know when my brain will catch up to my loss but it will at some point..... I have one pic pre surgery and will take one at a year out and then another at goal

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

5 hours ago, arringtonc49 said:

I could not see the weight come off as much when I lost 23 lbs but other people did.
I am 4 months post op and lost 65 lbs so far. I really see it. I exercise at gym at least 4 times a week. I do Water aerobics as well. I had knee replacement in one knee 2 yrs before surgery and needed knee surgery in other knee for meniscus and arthritis. My knees feel so great now that the weight is coming off. I don't need surgery. I walk like a new person.
I had the sleeve Done March 10 2017.
So things will get better. Enjoy the journey to a new you!.

Sent from my D6708 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you for the encouragement. I'm so ready to be where you are. I'm happy your knees have improved too. I know that's a blessing in itself!!!

3 hours ago, angelgloria said:

I lost 21 lb on my pre-op diet had my sleeve done on the 19th so I should be going home today.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow 21 on the pre op diet... That's amazing. I dont think I lost any. I'm so happy for you

3 hours ago, AndrewAZ said:

I had RNY April 19th and have lost 108lbs and while I know I have lost weight I still don't see it. I agree that after being overweight for so long and being so used to seeing myself that way I don't know when my brain will catch up to my loss but it will at some point..... I have one pic pre surgery and will take one at a year out and then another at goal

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes maybe that is what I am going through with seeing me as the overweight person for so long. I can't hold out a year without pics lol. I am hoping to get about 65 more pounds off and then i will be at my goal weight. How much more do you want to loose within a year? I pray it works out and im happy for your progress