Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! I was JUST sleeved 7/17/17 and ohhhh my God this trapped gas is worst than death. I walk frequently in hopes for it to lessen up but Christ. Gas X seems to not wanna work either. What did yall do?! HELP! Lol!

Walk, sleep/rest, and wait it out :)
Unfortunately, there isn't a magic cure to make gas pains go away, but you will survive them! Use your incentive spirometer, focus on staying hydrated, meditate, and the gas will lessen over time.

You might try taking Probiotics.

Surgery is usually associated with large doses of antibiotics to prevent post-operative infection. Antibiotics kills not only the bad bacteria in the gut but also the good bacteria. Antibiotics can cause an imbalance of intestinal bacteria. If you have an imbalance of bacteria, this may increase the gas you produce after you eat. Probiotics helps to reestablish your colonies of good bacteria in you gut. Probiotics aim to improve intestinal motility and reduce intestinal fermentation and gas production. Many probiotics are readily available over the counter. Eating yogurt can also promote the growth and reestablishment of beneficial intestinal flora to help overcome bloating and gas.

Walk walk walk!!!

As someone else said here before. Look into taking some pro-biotics to help with the gas pain. I also took papaya enzyme to help with the internal gas issues as well as gas x. Its gonna feel that way unfortunately for a few weeks and then it should clear up. Also you are only about 3 days out from surgery too. All that gas they pumped into your body during surgery has to make it way out. farting and pooping are the only cures for that unfortunately.

Since you are only 2 days post op, I would recommend something mild.... yes walk walk walk, and drink your fluids, NO STRAW!!! . Try to find some simethicone tablets. As the old adage goes, 'even this shall pass'... It isn't the path you are on, it is your journey... Things will get better...

3 hours ago, defibvt said:

'even this shall pass'

"pass" :lol:

"THIS TOO SHALL PASS"

Necessary evil, only heard of one case via rumor that it continued a long time.

Thank yall for the advice. Im gradually getting the gas out! I recently discovered it doesnt hurt anymore to sleep on my side. And good sweet peas and collard greens have I been blowing it up (to my girlfriends dismay)

I had a lot of gas until I was tired of it day 5 post op. I said screw this and bought some gas ex tabs and chewed on them. It kept it in control. I used them kinda like pez for several days. Now, I'd never recommend you take over the recommended dose, but I did. My gas with drinking was ridiculous.