Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2017 Sleevers

Hello! I was sleeved June 1, 2017 & I feel and look great[emoji6] my only regret is I should've done it sooner. My surgery was easy only pain was the gas monster[emoji849] & my hair started shedding @ month 2, but I've been able to treat it so it's getting better. Congrats to all the June VSG friends[emoji7] 20170916_114416.thumb.jpg.b47a40cded5ac684dfb6b803fdad8ee1.jpg
HW: 247 VSG:6/1/17 CW:197(9/22/17) GW:180[emoji41]

You look great!!! Congrats!

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 179.8 GW 135

To Mich W (my twin in Sleeveland): I know just what you are talking about. When life is out of "control" I want something direct to change the way I feel for a while. We are practically hardwired by experience to distract ourselves with sensation--flavor and fullness--from awareness of the present reality. At least I am. It's so easy. The downsides are so (relatively) remote. BUT. You have done very very well and that can't be undone by 1/2 slice of pizza or a cookie. It's such an odd quirk of our minds that we focus so much on our failures and our successes can just whoosh by unnoticed.
I am sorry that family troubles are weighing down your spirit right now. Take care of yourself and remember that God doesn't make mistakes.

Doing so much better! Daughter that was in the hospital is home and doing so much better. Other kids have settled down. Hubby is back from Japan. I didn't get the new job I wanted but my job is fine. I've dropped another 5 lbs and have gotten back in track eating.
I am fighting with dehydration- trying to get back in top of it but once it gets to this point it's really hard to undo. I'm having leg cramps, headaches dry skin. The on call dr I spoke to said to try to hydrate for a couple of days and go in if it doesn't get better. I have a pcp appt on Wednesday so I'm working on it until then.
I finally hit the 170's - haven't been there in forever!
Thanks for being there for my whining- couldn't do it without you all!

Mich W

My wieghtloss is great besides a few stalls. My biggest problem is Hair loss. Started last week right at month three. Anyone know when it stops? I get all my protien and Vitamins and take extra Biotin. I guess it is unavoidable. Just wondering how long it lasts as my hair is so thin already!

I have no idea. I haven't had much hair loss yet I'm 13 weeks. My nut even noticed it and I haven't always gotten my Protein in. I'm doing better with it lately though. I hope for your sake it stops soon !

Mich W

hello everyone i was sleeved june 22, 2017 and slowly losing down 41 pounds total just taking it in stride, i dont think i'm eating enough i try to get in 2 protien shakes of 25 gr each or 1 premier 30 grams i still can't eat a lot of food taking in a spoon and getting that feeling of throwing up. Please help! any suggestion and i walk everyday i do between 5,000 to 10,000 steps a day on weekends up to 15,000.

Edited by sameome216

hello everyone i was sleeved june 22, 2017 and slowly losing down 41 pounds total just taking it in stride, i dont think i'm eating enough i try to get in 2 protien shakes of 25 gr each or 1 premier 30 grams i still can't eat a lot of food taking in a spoon and getting that feeling of throwing up. Please help! any suggestion and i walk everyday i do between 5,000 to 10,000 steps a day on weekends up to 15,000.

You and I are twinning. Same surgery date and close weight loss. 44lbs. How many calories are you getting per day? I'm between 600-800.

Mich W

New pic- half way to goal. I keep taking pics in the same shirt- I posted before and an earlier pic in this thread. IMG_6495.JPG

Mich W

8 minutes ago, Missy161 said:

You and I are twinning. Same surgery date and close weight loss. 44lbs. How many calories are you getting per day? I'm between 600-800.

Mich W

I'm between 500 and 800 on a good day and i know that i should be eating more

Edited by sameome216

7 minutes ago, Missy161 said:

New pic- half way to goal. I keep taking pics in the same shirt- I posted before and an earlier pic in this thread. IMG_6495.JPG

Mich W

You look amazing

I'm between 500 and 800 on a good day and i know that i should be eating more

That's what I do and my nutritionist said that is perfect. Rarely do I go over that.

Mich W

Hello everyone! Hows everyone doing?! I was 14 weeks post op yesterday ... hard to believe it's that long ... I sometimes can't believe I went through with it! Currently at a stall hoping to get past it soon! Driving me nuts :-) Here is my progress so far ... January vs Last week!

image1(2).JPG

Hi everyone!

Not sure if I've posted here yet but I was sleeved on June 16th. It's crazy to think it's almost been 4 months! I've lost about 60 pounds and I fit in XL clothes (almost L) and size 14 pants after being a size 22 almost 24 and wearing 2XLs. It's been surreal! The before picture is actually after my surgery in Mexico and I was already about 8 pounds down... sadly I don't really have a true before picture.

I honestly haven't been the best about keeping track of my Protein and calories but I'm pretty sure at first I wasn't doing so well maybe 500 a day now I think I'm at about 1000. I was originally very low carb but am now whole food plant based and have found that I've actually lost weight on it and really enjoy what I'm eating rather than always doing 'protein first' and basically only ever being able to eat meat.

Anyway I'm still working on it! I have to say it was a shock when I tried on pants and was a size 14. I mentally really thought I was the same size and was putting off shopping until the very last second.

But it's really cool to see where everyone else is at! Although it's been hard, I don't regret this decision for a second. :)

before.jpg.7b174fb063063873c673b7d92e672b2e.jpg during.jpg.49e39f0e951776552ed2b531d30815be.jpg

You are looking so great!

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 179.0 GW 135

10/16/17
Things in my life have been so chaotic lately that I lost count of how long it has been since surgery. I felt like I'd been stuck at this weight for a month and decided to look again. So I'm 16.5 weeks out and have lost 44 lbs. the last 2 weeks I've only lost a half pound a week but that's not bad considering the stress and cheating I've been doing. Nibbles here and carbs there.
Taking stock again has made me get back on the ball and focus back on my plan. Anyone else slipping up more than usual? Any victories to report?
I've made it to a solid 10 in pants and a medium or most often a large in tops . Still have another 44 to go to goal.
Please give us an update on your journey.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 179.0 GW 135