Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months Sleeve to MGB post-op pic

Hi All

Here's a brief update of my Sleeve to MGB progress. The before pic was taken in the hospital after my revision. I was 247 pounds then. The pic on the right was taken today. I weigh 187 pounds. I've lost 60 pounds since my surgery(02/10/17) and 66lbs since my pre-op diet. I think my weight loss is pretty good for a revision patient and I'm on track to finally reach my weight loss goal. I'm so happy that I got my sleeve revised!

2017-07-18_09.31.41.jpg

That is amazing weight loss for a revision. Most people with revisions lose very slowly and barely anything.

Congrats on all the hard work!

5 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

That is amazing weight loss for a revision. Most people with revisions lose very slowly and barely anything.

Congrats on all the hard work!

Thank you!

You're an inspiration! All of your hard work is paying off. Great job! Keep getting healthy. [emoji5]

good job. are you working out and how long did it take for you to get off the liquid diet?

16 hours ago, Caribbean girl said:

good job. are you working out and how long did it take for you to get off the liquid diet?

Hi

I started a light walking routine 3 weeks after surgery, but I stopped around 7 weeks post op due to my bowel movement schedule(TMI). I was working out early in the morning, but that's when I would spend the most time in the bathroom. Especially, in the beginning when my body was getting adapted to the MGB. My bm are regular know, so I plan on starting going back to the gym or doing some type of at home workout plan. I have a Fitbit and I average about 8,000 steps daily mostly at work. I was on Clear Liquids for 2 weeks before I moved to Protein Shakes, cream Soups and soft foods.

1 hour ago, Sheralyn2017 said:

Hi can you tell me what MGB means and also a revision?
Thank you and well done on your weight loss

MGB is short for Mini-Gastric Bypass. Revision weight loss surgery is a surgical procedure that is performed on patients who have already undergone a form of bariatric surgery, and have either had complications from such surgery or have not successfully achieved significant weight loss results from the initial surgery.

MGB is short for Mini-Gastric Bypass. Revision weight loss surgery is a surgical procedure that is performed on patients who have already undergone a form of bariatric surgery, and have either had complications from such surgery or have not successfully achieved significant weight loss results from the initial surgery.

Thank you for explaining

44 minutes ago, joeg said:

How long ago did you have your sleeve to when you had MGB? Good job by the way you look great

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you! I was sleeved in July of 2010, so I had my sleeve for 6 1/2 years before I got a revision. Many people do it sooner, but I held it off for as long as I could because I didn't want to have another surgery. Now, I wish I would have done it sooner.

You look amazing. I think I want to talk to my surgeon about this when I see him next month. My sleeve was done in 8/17/15. I started to put on he weight again. I really need help.

16 hours ago, kozyjozie said:

You look amazing. I think I want to talk to my surgeon about this when I see him next month. My sleeve was done in 8/17/15. I started to put on he weight again. I really need help.

Don't be surprised if he doesn't know about the MGB. There's only a few Surgeons in the US who do the MGB. He might recommend the RNy or DS depending on your regain. I wish you the best.

Don't be surprised if he doesn't know about the MGB. There's only a few Surgeons in the US who do the MGB. He might recommend the RNy or DS depending on your regain. I wish you the best.

I had bad neuropathy in my legs and I was unable to get my walking in. So this winter I gained about 30 pounds. I'm hoping I can lose it without going to those extremes. I will talk to him next month. But for now I still have the neuropathy pain. I must overcome the pain and keep on exercising. I have not strayed from my diet. Just no exercising and his last words to me last year were.

"2 oz Protein, 2 oz vegetables, get your Water in and at least 45 minutes of exercise a day"

I have to get back to it. Just listen to what his last words were. Thank you so much for the advice.