Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

96 pounds down in three months

I started in March with the 16 week Move program and had to get through that before getting to do anything else, it does take time to get through everything we need to. I tried so many diets and workouts before and haven't been too successful with getting my weight down either. I eat a pretty strict boring diet already and I have liver issues which doesn't make it easy to lose the weight. Sometimes we need extra help to get healthier.

38 minutes ago, ElysiaDee said:

I started in March with the 16 week Move program and had to get through that before getting to do anything else, it does take time to get through everything we need to. I tried so many diets and workouts before and haven't been too successful with getting my weight down either. I eat a pretty strict boring diet already and I have liver issues which doesn't make it easy to lose the weight. Sometimes we need extra help to get healthier.

Move was worst decision I made cause I was in 6 months in 2014 and they never followed through....so stay on it

Where is your before picture? There is no healthy way someone could lose 96 pounds in 3 months unless you just don't eat. How much did you weigh before and after surgery? Don't mislead people - weight loss is a process and life style and healthy eating habits have to be a part of your eating forever not just 3 months. I don't believe it. Who was your surgeon and where are you from? Having weight loss surgery is a tool that you use for the rest of your life - not a quick fix.

Each person is different and will have different experiences. I'm six weeks out and 55 lbs down! My U of M doc is just fine with my progess. I started walking 10K steps every day three days after surgery and haven't looked back. I get my Protein and food in. Celebrate success and share in the joy!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using BariatricPal mobile app

The funny this is about people that hate let me break it down. First off I gained weight after I left the Navy due to being single father, stress etc, doesn't matter... I always knew how to eat healthy, workout etc...just because you aren't doing something right don't come at me... I was 381 April 1st got down to 369 the day of my surgery on April 12th and now I'm 280.... I'm happy I can walk 5 miles a day and drink Water, Protein etc and I love sweet tea I eat I just know not to eat wrong....

What's understood doesn't needs to be explain to these people. all that matters is that u did it

Got me blushing lol thank you love

Hi Mrfeelgood, I was reading your thread and I wanted know did you have any issues with Hair loss ? The reason I'm asking my surgery Aug 25 and I too have dreads. And I was concerned about if I was going to lose some of my hair. By the way congratulations on your progress.

43 minutes ago, trulykendra said:

Hi Mrfeelgood, I was reading your thread and I wanted know did you have any issues with hair loss ? The reason I'm asking my surgery Aug 25 and I too have dreads. And I was concerned about if I was going to lose some of my hair. By the way congratulations on your progress.

I've had no problems with Hair loss so far and I'm 4 months post-op on the 12th this month

I get up daily and walk 3 to 5 miles and I like to drink 50 to 70 g of Protein during my walk instead of Water and light workout at gym maybe twice a week on legs....but never skip walking 10k plus a day

That's great. I've being getting these gel injections in my knee for arthritis, I have one more to get then done with the series. I'm feeling so much better with it and it feels good to walk. I've list like 60# and between the two, I know at work I don't mind getting up and walking down the hall. At the gym, I look forward to walking on the treadmill and breaking a sweat, it feels good. It feels really good to be able to do things and not be in pain. Congrats on your weight loss and I hope I can work myself up to walk as much as you are, that's great.

Awesome work Mrfeelgood. Keep up the good work and don't mind the haters. Everyone's journey is different but the end justifies the means. I am happy for everyone who is losing and maintaining it's hard work whether you have lost only 1 or 100 lbs. let's encourage each other plz.

Yep, any weightloss is a check in the win column!

2 hours ago, MTL said:

Yep, any weightloss is a check in the win column!

No doubt

On 7/14/2017 at 7:47 AM, Mrfeelgood said:

You grow your lousy a.. up you're just jealous cause you can't get up and do something about yourself so you want to just on my story and hate...go fill up on carbs and cry yourself to sleep

Point blank period...Nothing left to say...My kind of guy :lol:

3 hours ago, NuNu2005 said:

Point blank period...Nothing left to say...My kind of guy :lol:

I tried not to be rude but they insult me and then kept trolling my page but I've left that alone....and thanks a mil