Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

96 pounds down in three months

9 hours ago, Mrfeelgood said:

I didn't like drinking Protein so I started using it as my hydration drink while walking every morning and then I started drinking two Premier Protein shakes a day for 60g... I don't snake but I eat things like garlic shrimp and broccoli that I make myself

Thank you!! And good luck on the rest of your journey.

53 minutes ago, SouthernGirl76 said:

Thank you!! And good luck on the rest of your journey.

Anytime love it's all bout helping each other not trying to criticize and bring others down....so any advice or help you need I'm here no doubt

Hi everyone my question is what do everyone eats. I'm a diabetic and I try to watch what I eat. I was sleeved in September of last year and I've only lost 43lbs since then, the only thing I have trouble getting down is rice,lettuce and some beef, but I can eat anything so for. I excise 6 days a week for an hour and a half and the weight is at a stand still. I started at 266 and now I'm at 223, my goal is 180. WHAT IS GOING ON, is anyone at this point? HELP

I am sorry to hear that your weight is at a stand still. My doctor says it does happen at different times for individuals. Have you tried reducing your sodium and increasing your Protein intake? Are using weights when you work out?

What works for me is making sure that i get my 65 grams of protein and alternate my workout (aerobics and weight training).

Keep at it and you will start losing again. All teh best

31 minutes ago, godblessedchild said:

WHAT IS GOING ON, is anyone at this point? HELP

The first thing to do is take stock of what you are doing now. For the next week, don't change anything, just write everything down. (What you eat, how long, and what sort of exercise, types of medications taken).

Once you have the list, you can figure out how many calories, Protein, carbs, and fats you are getting.. pay attention to the intensity of the exercise.. heart rate, (if you can).. and see if weight gain is a side effect of your medications.

With all that information, you'll be able to see where things could be helped, or come back on here, and you'll get some *hopefully* helpful advice.

1 hour ago, godblessedchild said:

Hi everyone my question is what do everyone eats. I'm a diabetic and I try to watch what I eat. I was sleeved in September of last year and I've only lost 43lbs since then, the only thing I have trouble getting down is rice,lettuce and some beef, but I can eat anything so for. I excise 6 days a week for an hour and a half and the weight is at a stand still. I started at 266 and now I'm at 223, my goal is 180. WHAT IS GOING ON, is anyone at this point? HELP

I haven't had any lettuce or any type of salad yet and rice was a problem until I Incorporated it in Soup and Beans are too thick for me also unless in a soup...but everyone loses different and hopefully you'll start back up maybe do more Soups for a week broth or cream based just to test the waters

Edited by Mrfeelgood

I hope this helps you. My surgery was 5/24/17 & I've lost 31 lbs. I'm a diabetic, but haven't needed my diabetic insulin or multiple Rx's since surgery. My endocrinologist says I'm doing great. I've been sticking to the 60 gm Protein Shakes 2x's daily & have added homemade Soups & broths. I'm allergic to dairy, but can add NF dry milk to my cream soups & veggies (ie. I just made Tomato & spinach Florentine). NF cottage cheese is ok also, as well as a scrambled egg. I'm going to try Shrimp w broccoli or asparagus now. No pastas, breads, rice: my nutritionist & surgeon said keep away from these carbohydrates until your weightloss goal has been achieved. I do drink well over 64 oz of Walmart's Great Value SF drink mixes which are comparable to Cyrstal Lite but you get more for a lot less. I have SF popsicles/creamsicles/fudgesicles, also. I've been walking since the day of surgery, use the treadmill/recumbent bike/exercise machines at our gym & teach H20 aerobics M-F 2x's daily (since 6 wks from surgery). I'm adding Pilates Reformer & Yoga this week. All of this has my surgeon's approval. Keep in mind this is your journey & don't get discouraged. Definitely ask your surgeon/the weightloss team what you can do to lose your weight. MT

43 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

:mellow:Speechless @Mrfeelgood LOL

Told you

I'm 21 days out (sleeve June 27th) and already lost 30 pounds from 242.6 to 212.4 and I'm a female. People are all different.

I haven't lost weight in years so I am surprised it's coming off so fast when I wasn't the biggest to start but I caught an infection which I think 'helped' me lose so fast.

No reason to be angry either way, the purpose of this forum is solidarity

Where is your before picture? There is no healthy way someone could lose 96 pounds in 3 months unless you just don't eat. How much did you weigh before and after surgery? Don't mislead people - weight loss is a process and life style and healthy eating habits have to be a part of your eating forever not just 3 months. I don't believe it. Who was your surgeon and where are you from? Having weight loss surgery is a tool that you use for the rest of your life - not a quick fix.

Wow! Judgey McJudgerton!

Guess he showed you!

You wouldn't like me much either. I lost 17lbs my first week and over 80lbs my first three months. And I'm female and only 5'6" (started 271). I started running around week four with couch to 5k got in all my Protein and Vitamins and was healthy throughout!

Now I run marathons and have a body fat % of around 17%... and I do 4-5 hours of yoga class a week. Four years out wearing size four and counting!

So how's that for healthy??

Keep it up sir, you're rocking it!

5 hours ago, jess9395 said:

Wow! Judgey McJudgerton!

Guess he showed you!

You wouldn't like me much either. I lost 17lbs my first week and over 80lbs my first three months. And I'm female and only 5'6" (started 271). I started running around week four with couch to 5k got in all my Protein and Vitamins and was healthy throughout!

Now I run marathons and have a body fat % of around 17%... and I do 4-5 hours of yoga class a week. Four years out wearing size four and counting!

So how's that for healthy??

Keep it up sir, you're rocking it!

Thank you so much because I was mad at first and really had to calm myself down because I didn't know people could be negative about weight loss

5 hours ago, Mrfeelgood said:

Thank you so much because I was mad at first and really had to calm myself down because I didn't know people could be negative about weight loss

I know how that goes. People can really get under your skin. I was getting pissed for you too when I read the comments.

Edited by Sweet as peaches

4 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

I know how that goes. People can really get under your skin. I was getting pissed for you too when I read the comments.

I didn't even know it was that serious to be honest I haven't even post anything on my Facebook.....now if I wanted likes bad I would've did that. I was just sharing with people I thought were supportive and I was shocked like why am I even on here

I think in some ways this forum is a microcosm of our society. Some folks are haters, some folks have your back. I just hope you don't let the few jealous creeps ruin your experience here, because I think you have a great deal of knowledge and experience now that will be invaluable to this community. We've got your back [emoji111]

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using BariatricPal mobile app