Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I may have lost control

So I have been banded for over 3 years now. I did well getting the weight off, with Portion Control, chewing, etc. It was easy with my band as a tool. I maintained my weight loss for over a year and then just started gaining weight. I've had quite a few stuck episodes something I never really had a lot of and I am always too full. It's like I eat and then all of a sudden I feel absolutely horrible because I ate too much or the wrong thing. Where or how do I start over. I haven't gained all the weight back but I know I have 15 lbs that has to go! I'm devastated and way too full.

Well, first of all calm down. Secondly, why don't you start from the beginning? Just think that you had the band today and start over. Also a good thought could be to visit your doctor for a tiny refill. 0,3-0,5.

I had this feeling some months ago and I visited my doctor and started over.

Its not a bag think. As long as you have the band, you are safe. The band does all the hard work for you.

Take care

Glad to see some current banders support each other. There are few of us still here! ( banded 12/06)
Maintaining 90 lb loss. Wishing it was 100, but fine with my body and health!!
Thankful

Hello, First consult with your WL surgeon's, make sure there are no medical issues with the band. I've had my share of them. If they have a nutritionist on staff talk them, they are very helpful in getting you back on track. Tracking your food intake is helpful. Keep a small note pad in your bag or use your phone. What are you doing now, that is different from when you originally started loosing weight, For me when I had no restriction, was eating foods I had stayed away from for so long. And the weight creeps back on very quickly. Need to get 35 lbs. off, I know my surgeon will take it slow, I'm one week post op (my port was replaced it had a leak) and anxious to get back to gym. Hopefully when I see her on Wed she's let me return to the gym.

Good luck, Rylopez

Hello, First consult with your WL surgeon's, make sure there are no medical issues with the band. I've had my share of them. If they have a nutritionist on staff talk them, they are very helpful in getting you back on track. Tracking your food intake is helpful. Keep a small note pad in your bag or use your phone. What are you doing now, that is different from when you originally started loosing weight, For me when I had no restriction, was eating foods I had stayed away from for so long. And the weight creeps back on very quickly. Need to get 35 lbs. off, I know my surgeon will take it slow, I'm one week post op (my port was replaced it had a leak) and anxious to get back to gym. Hopefully when I see her on Wed she's let me return to the gym.

Good luck, Rylopez

Hello I had my band surgery in 2014 lost 70lb felt great but it slowly started creeping back up now have gained 20lb will give it another year if no improvement I will consider doing duodenal switch surgery best of luck to you don't give up

I too am struggling. I am 8 years (almost) post-op and I did quite well for the first 4 years but these last 4-5 years have been a battle. I have had a lot of issues with getting fills as my band is EXTREMELY sensitive, so I have little restriction these days. My doctor moved 1.5 hours away from where I live and that makes upkeep with the fills even more difficult. Also, I have been through many emotional ups and downs that have caused many a night of binge/stress eating. I had gotten down to 175lbs (79kg) in 2013 and then have slowly but steadily gained back almost all of my weight.

I was very defeated for a while. I am slowly learning that you have to ask yourself why you want to lose weight and get back on track. Then you use those whys as motivation to stick to your diet and exercise regimen. Eventually you will get to a point where you have to take action, sadly that took me much longer than I would've liked. I still make bad food choices (I am a sugar addict (>.<)) but I am trying to be more conscious of my food choices and why I am making the choices that I know are wrong.

I don't know if you enjoy exercise, I don't. I make it a goal to get some yoga in every day. Even if it is a short 10 min bout of it, as long as I get it in I can feel accomplished for the day. Anything is better than nothing on those hard days. And please remember, don't let the small gains discourage you. That is such a slippery slope and how I wound up in the situation I am in! I hope this offered some sort of help. Best of luck to you!

I felt the same way. I have a new surgeon now. I had a band fill this week and will be seeing the nutritionist. Time to reset. I have already lost weight. Resetting can be done

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Blocking dreaming small for her awful negativity. Sent me awful messages
Nice to see cheerful posters today. [emoji93]

Still trying for a new dr for a fill. I have been empty about 3 months and my clothes are tight!!
I will pursue