Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm regularly weak and tired. Cleaning makes me very tired and I get dizzy and weak knees sometimes. I'm 3 weeks post op, and I can't drink Protein Shakes (my doctor knows). I'm trying to eat my Protein but I don't really like my food choices and I've become resentful of my choice to have surgery ( I try to focus on the results). With that being said my desire to eat has decreased from lack of like and interest in my food options. I just feel myself getting really upset for making this choice. I don't know what to do....anyone felt the same way?

I was in the same boat the first 2 weeks. I could not drink my shakes and depending solely on Water, Gatorade and Protein Shots.

What stage are you at currently? Everyone stages are different the weeks following surgery. Just let me know and also what foods are you trying? I may have some ideas that you can try.

You are likely feeling the way you are feeling because you aren't taking in enough Protein. You have to get it in, whether your body "likes" the Protein Shakes or food or not. You won't heal, otherwise, let alone progress with ay weight loss.

When you say that you can't drink protein shakes, what do you mean? If you drink the shake, does it come back up? Or do you just not like it. Trust me, I know that they aren't decadent or anything, but you have to get the nutrition you need.

When people say that WLS is not the easy way out, this is a lot of what they are talking about. The journey is HARD and GRUELING -- especially in the first weeks post-op.

Good luck!

I too struggled getting in Protein the first several weeks. I could not tolerate the shakes. I started using I so pure from GNC. They are clear liquid consistency of Water. Some flavors are better than others. But the really not so great. They were a lifesaver during that time however. I diluted them in water they tasted like a melted popsicle. Sweet and tart. They had 40 g of protein per bottle. They're a little pricey at about four dollars each. But it was well worth it. Got me through the first several weeks. You also may be getting dehydrated. I got IV fluids at week 2 which really helped with the dizziness and muscle cramping. You got to stay healthy. I gave up the ice up your drinks at about a three week or one month mark and was able to switch back over to Protein Shakes Premier Protein. I diluted the vanilla Premier protein with my morning coffee and still do that to this day.

You've got to figure out what your body needs at each stage. When I wasn't getting in my Protein my weight loss DONALD. The minute I was able to increase my protein and my Water intake I started to lose. And felt so much better. It was a real process of trial and error. You must have patience with the process. It is well worth it. I had my surgery on February 23. And today I've lost 85 lbs. there are still things that I can't eat. And by that I mean my body just won't tolerate. I found a regimen that works for me for now. Also trial and error. Hearing what other people have tried and really paying close attention to my body and how it Tolerates and I just has gotten me this far.

You are likely feeling the way you are feeling because you aren't taking in enough Protein. You have to get it in, whether your body "likes" the Protein Shakes or food or not. You won't heal, otherwise, let alone progress with ay weight loss.
When you say that you can't drink protein shakes, what do you mean? If you drink the shake, does it come back up? Or do you just not like it. Trust me, I know that they aren't decadent or anything, but you have to get the nutrition you need.
When people say that WLS is not the easy way out, this is a lot of what they are talking about. The journey is HARD and GRUELING -- especially in the first weeks post-op.
Good luck!

So after surgery I had an issue with protein shakes, I become very nauseated from taking a sip. I've tried different brands, even the Isopure clear ones. They also leave clumps in my throats and on my tongue that I have to scrape off. No other drinks cause that. I had no problem drinking them before surgery... actually I was drinking them before my pre-op diet. I just had refried Beans and cheese for lunch.

I was in the same boat the first 2 weeks. I could not drink my shakes and depending solely on Water, Gatorade and Protein Shots.
What stage are you at currently? Everyone stages are different the weeks following surgery. Just let me know and also what foods are you trying? I may have some ideas that you can try.

I'm on puréed. I have different things that I've tried. I definitely don't like what I use to. Before I had no issues with mash potatoes, now I can't stand them lol I've had ricotta bake, curried salmon, refried Beans. tuna, chicken and everything goes down just fine without bothering my sleeve

How do you eat the tuna?

I felt the same way in the beginning, I was not meeting my intake goals either. It took almost 2 months for me to feel 100% again. I did regret it in the first 1.5 months, but after that, I've never been happier. Im 7 months now, down 100lbs, and doing things I've never thought I would do. Stay positive and think long term, you're going do great! The person that had the same surgery right before me felt 100% after just 3 weeks. Everyone seems to go at their own pace, just keep your doctor informed and stay positive :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

I felt the same way and actually, ended up in the ER after passing out. My issue wasn't Protein, I was getting plenty of that. I was really stressed out and very dehydrated, are you getting in your daily liquid intake or more than? I've tried the Isopure and ended up taking it back to GNC, it was horrid! I am now able to eat the majority of my protein's, but every now and then when wanting to do a pouch reset, I'll go back to liquids. I hope you feel better, I believe at one point, we all have been where you are.

Try the Unjury Protein Powder the absolute best! No after taste and no clumping. I mixed mine with Fairlife Milk, Your taste buds will change but you have to get your Protein in, it also helps with the healing of your stomach that protein is very important. Just try it you can purchase a sample from Unjury.com or Amazon I believe sells it. I purchased mine from my local wellness Center which is affiliated with our local hospital.