Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 months out--- Gooooaaaaallll!!!!!

100 lbs gone!! Now it's time to maintain.... a whole new challenge. But I'm up for it.

Side note: I stayed at 147 lbs for 8 freaking weeks. scale would not budge. Went to nutritionist and tweaked my daily meals just a bit and BAM, the last 8 lbs flew off!!

The pics:

first one is self explanatory!

second one is me today

third one is me BEFORE

last one is me hiking last weekend.

victory.jpg

goal!.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 11.59.32 AM.png

19399540_10213250597163181_4794410091542838898_n.jpg

Edited by The New Kel

Congratulations! I am 9 months out and have only lost 53. Trust me, I'm grateful for the loss but feel I get should have been more. I have been stuck at 53 pounds lost for almost 5 weeks. Can you give me any pointers? do you exercise a lot? Do you drink tons of Water? I'm just wondering what your typical day looks like because you've done so well.

Hi Mom2tess,

first, congratulations to you because 53 lbs in 9 months IS a success! You're getting there, and wow, do I know about stalls. My formula has been low carb, higher Protein. I wasn't counting calories or fat for 8 months, until I hit 147 lbs and a major 8 week stall. At that point my nutritionist told me that at my new smaller size I had to start considering that I only need 1700 calories a day. (A bit more if I exercise). I had gotten used to eating any and all protein like peanut butters, mixed nuts and lots of cheeses. I am now eating those in moderation, since they are so high in calories. What was happening was I was eating more than 1800 calories even on no exercise days. Another thing is that I like a glass of white wine at night. Now I am mixing a small glass with seltzer Water and it's refreshing and saving on unnecessary empty calories.

Another thing I did to boost the final few pounds off is I stared eating only lean cuts of chicken and turkey, stopped red meats and even eating a healthy whole grain piece of bread once a day! Since doing so the stall ended. So I guess what it is, is that I have balanced my diet to a regular healthy rather than a dense calorie protein anything goes diet. These slight changes not only are working but I feel better all day. I feel like I eat like a normal (healthy) person again, fruits, veggies, occasional whole grains, and lean protein. As for water I drink about 60-75 oz a day. I do cardio approx 3x a week. Sometimes I hike instead.

🙂

hey Tex

you have done great.

wonderful, wonderful,

keep up the good work

as you are starting maintenance.

you are aces!!:rolleyes:

kathy

Aww thanks! I do appreciate that, you've been a great inspiration!! 🙂

Wow i am super impressed with your strength and endurance. Go speed racer go.