Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery August 29, 2016. I’m almost a year out and have not hit goal weight. I was 247 at my heaviest. I’m down to 181. My goal weight is 165. I’m not eating the best. Haven’t had much exercise because of my work schedule. I’m always tired. I am not a big meat eater. I love fruits and veggies and I know Protein is a big issue with me. I really need to hit goal before aug 29 or I will feel like I failed. Today I’m going to leave the coffee alone. No more rice, potatoes, and Pasta. I’m going to eat a lot more fruits, veggies, and meat. I wish there was a meet up support group here in McKinney who would want to exercise also. Even if it were just walking the trails. What else can I do to break this stall????

Edited by Cleo in Mckinney

1 minute ago, Cleo in Mckinney said:

What else can I do to break this stall????

I think you answered your own question:

1 minute ago, Cleo in Mckinney said:

No more rice, potatoes, and Pasta.

I know it is hard, but those three things in particular will definitely inhibit weight loss.

3 minutes ago, Cleo in Mckinney said:

I really need to hit goal before aug 29 or I will feel like I fail

That is not something I would recommend. "I need to hit x or I failed" is a one way ticket to self doubt and shame which in turn tends to lead back to bad eating habits. You know how you are eating, if you are eating a healthy diet this goal will occur naturally. If not, it will not. Be realistic, you seem ready to recommit, now just put the plan into action! :D

This is exactly why I won't let bread, rice, and Pasta back into my life! It is a slippery slope that I don't want to be on.

You can do this, you have already identified the problem. Once you stop the bad carbs, you will stop craving them, and it will be easier. Maybe start a couch to 5k running program to get some decent exercise going, or start a weight lifting program a few days a week. I think the key is you need to enjoy what you are doing so you will keep at it.

Start tracking your foods and measure portions if you need too and this will help also.

You are not a failure. Sometimes it takes several stumbles before we can walk without falling. You can get back up and run though.

46 minutes ago, Cleo in Mckinney said:

I really need to hit goal before aug 29 or I will feel like I failed.

It is very unlikely you are going to lose 16 pounds in a 6 weeks, so you might as well give up on that. A better goal would be to lose the rest by the end of the year. the last pounds are the hardest to lose and take the longest.

Track all your food and weigh it all so your portions are correct.

I'll just echo what everyone else said. You aren't making good decisions, and if you want to get back on your path of loss, you need to be more disciplined.

I suggest that you cut out all of those carbs you are eating, get your macros at levels that support weight loss, track everything you eat and drink, and get some exercise several times a week.

The recipe is the same, so get back on the wagon. And as @OutsideMatchInside said, you probably aren't going to lose the balance of your weight in 6 weeks. I'm 9 months post-op and need to lose 13 more pounds to reach my goal. The loss is slow at this point because there just isn't much more to lose (and I weighed 400 pounds 15 months ago).

Good luck!

You need to get back to the basics. Eat your Protein first, don't drink during meals or 30 minutes after and always eat fruit or multigrain serving with protein. Make your protein and water/fluid targets.

I agree with what has already been said. You are the only one that can do this!! Don't give up!! I will tell you this much, you know what needs to be done and you know what I KNOW you can do this!! You already have been doing it. You just got a little distracted in your journey!! Go for it!! You will be sooo happy and this will become a memory soon enough! You've GOT THIS!!

I'm with you..although you're actually making better progress than I am. I'm not where I think I should be, because I'm still struggling with bad food habits. However I know some very inspiring vets I've found on this site were slow losers (not sure if because they also struggled with bad habits or some other reason) and eventually made it to their goal! One I recall did it in about 18 months. It can be done and it doesn't have to be within a year. I am not giving up. I thought I could do most foods in moderation, but maybe I need to cut some carbs from my daily diet. I've started writing down my nutrition goals for the day and set my phone alarm to go off to remind me to drink Water & take Vitamins,

I have to say I really appreciate what you’re saying for me. It makes sense to say that I don’t have to meet my goal. Even though that was my original goal sometimes things. Everybody has been really wonderful and I appreciate every single word. It is helping me along and I have three of my 5 mile walk. I’ve lost 3 pounds in two days already. I’ve haven’t had any rice, Pasta, bread, or potatoes. I’ve been just doing fruits, veggies, and me. I haven’t had any carbonated drinks any coffee or anything with sugar. I’ve only been drinking Water today I did stop and have Gatorade just because I felt like I possibly need electrolytes.

I have to say I really appreciate what you’re all saying to me. It makes sense to say that I don’t have to meet my original goal. Even though that was my plan. It allows me to concentrate better and not get flustered about it. Thank you!

Edited by Cleo in Mckinney

5 hours ago, Cleo in Mckinney said:

I have to say I really appreciate what you’re saying for me. It makes sense to say that I don’t have to meet my goal. Even though that was my original goal sometimes things. Everybody has been really wonderful and I appreciate every single word. It is helping me along and I have three of my 5 mile walk. I’ve lost 3 pounds in two days already. I’ve haven’t had any rice, Pasta, bread, or potatoes. I’ve been just doing fruits, veggies, and me. I haven’t had any carbonated drinks any coffee or anything with sugar. I’ve only been drinking Water today I did stop and have Gatorade just because I felt like I possibly need electrolytes.

That's the spirt!!! Keep this up and make sure you realize this must be your lifestyle don't think of eating healthy as a diet.

Make sure you buy the gatorade zero without the sugar.

I've been stalled for 6 months but a lot of it is my own fault. I "took the summer off" as I was traveling a LOT (gone 5 of 11 weeks, and then 5 consecutive weekends after Labor Day), so it was hard to keep up with my exercise routine (an hour of stationary biking a day). I was also grossly tempted by food and drink- a week in New Orleans? HAHAHA, but it was OK. I learned what I can and cannot tolerate. All in all it was a wonderful summer and I didn't gain any weight, but I also didn't lose weight. I know why- not measuring portions, not exercising regularly, having an adult beverage several times a week. I think if you examine your eating habits and lifestyle activities, you'll be able to find some places where you need to "realign" yourself; I sure know I can!

Don't worry about a goal weight. Instead, focus on healthy and strong. My surgeon never set a goal, although they gave me a weight range within which I could reasonably expect to be a year post-surgery. I AM THERE... now I want to lose another 15-20 pounds and keep it off. I am 61 and I know that age brings on the creeping weight gain- a pound here, a pound there... and I never want to have my eating and body out of control again! Know that I am with you on this journey, and I'm starting off anew with measuring portions, cutting carbs (although I don't eat many, I have let the occasional french fry or chocolate chip cookie back into my life), making healthy choices, and working my muscles and body. I know we can both get there!!