Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have a C section and then get sleeved? Pain difference?

How would

You compare the sleeve post surgery pain / mobility to post C section? Just wondering. I've had 4 C sections.

It's extremely minor compared to a c-section. I've had both as well as my gallbladder taken out, and the sleeve was the easiest to recover from. I never needed pain meds once I left the hospital, very minor gas pain. When I had my c-section, I stayed on top of the pain by taking norco for two weeks. I was out shopping the day I came home from the hospital with the sleeve. As long as you do what you are told to do, get your fluids in and start walking as soon as you get up from recovery, you will find there really is bi comparison.

The pain is different I had 3 c-sections, I had pain but I guess not as bad but a lot of ppl say they didn't have much pain from VSG I did so idk I take pain well & some days was better than others everyone is different, but if you had a c-section you should be fine! good luck! :)

Didn't have a c section but I have a 6" vertical scar from belly button to pubic bone from a spine surgery so it's similar to c section. No sleeve yet but the gallbladder removal was a party compared to the back incision. I was basically up and dancing to the bathroom as soon as I woke. Had some soreness while sitting that required oxy but that's it.

Sleeve was *much* easier and faster recovery than c-sections.

On 7/6/2017 at 5:26 PM, Success is the best revange. said:

The pain is different I had 3 c-sections, I had pain but I guess not as bad but a lot of ppl say they didn't have much pain from VSG I did so idk I take pain well & some days was better than others everyone is different, but if you had a c-section you should be fine! good luck! :)

Did you wear one of those stomach belts to help with any pain after you c-sections and if so did you use one to help with any discomfort after VSG?

This is all great to hear. The c section pain became very familiar after the first two, the last two, I never even took pain meds post recovery room, even though they were offered. But you are distracted with a brand new baby so maybe that makes your own pain not so pressing?

Its nice to hear it will be less.

I intend to get one of those tummy wraps for the sleeve even though I never used them for c sections. The c section wound is so low, bikini line, I can't imagine a wrap wouldn't hit right in the wrong spot. It might do some good for post sleeve.

I've had 3 csections. And the pain has always been easy for me. I don't like pain medication, so I'd never take it once I left the hospitals. My last csection was the worst on me though. But I still stopped pain meds as I usually did. I never used wraps or anything. I had my vsg surgery on Monday, the 3rd. It was somewhat painful, but not too bad at all. There are internal pains here and there, but I'm not in constant pain.

I'm glad to hear that some of your didn't have much pain afterwards. When I first got on here I was very confident about the surgery then, I was reading peoples experience and it started to worry me a lot. I feel a little better now. :)