Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 months out. Hit Goal and still want more.

I hit my goal last month and I decided I still wanna lose 10-20 more lbs. I started at 250. I am now 140. Everyone says I'll look bad if I lose any more weight. I still see a fat girl in the mirror. Is this just my past insecurities? Idk. Luckily my skin has bounced into place without skin surgery. At 38 years old, I consider myself a lucky duck. My doctor also says I shouldn't lose anymore because I may not be happy with the result and response from my skin. Advice anyone? Anyway, here are some before and after. IMG_4247.thumb.JPG.379bad42a34109456a29d71f529d324d.JPG IMG_4246.thumb.JPG.b5cef5b7b970157be554ad06bc6625a4.JPG IMG_4225.thumb.JPG.a212700b9bcc6cfc7c16b8d5e33ad036.JPG Image1499324825.788144.jpg.3f833fa2301d085d01736465af2b0622.jpg Image1499324955.132086.thumb.jpg.adcd11c95b555d3e73a1d176485ff016.jpg IMG_3693.thumb.JPG.de3484d1aea46751195e55cc99dbac09.JPG

First, you look fabulous - congratulations. You are very fortunate to not have any skin issues. Sadly I look like I am melting. Everyone around me tells me I am at the perfect weight, not to lose anymore, because my face still looks good and I look super thin. Really?!?!?! Super thin compared to my 280 top weight, maybe. My BMI is still considered overweight. I am in a size 10/12. I have 15 more lbs to lose before I hit my goal weight but I feel our goal weight we set is a made up number that usually sits at the high range of a normal BMI. I have one person who I totally trust to tell me the truth, and that is my daughter. I know though I can trust her to give me a completely honest answer and she is the person I will listen to. Also, I don't want to have to eat 800 calories to stay at my end weight, whatever that ends of being. Of course right now, being 4 1/2 months out, I can really only get in about 800-1,000 calories on a good day. So I will start playing with calories to see what my body needs to maintain once I reach that point.

I feel fortunate in that I look in the mirror and don't see a fat person, I see someone who looks pretty good (despite the melting skin part) so I don't think I will have a distorted view of myself as I continue to lose weight.

I wish you luck and dang, doesn't it feel good!!!!!

I say go for it. You are still in your honeymoon phase truth be told. You are going to bounce back a little bit most likely anyways, and it's not a bad thing! I hit 198 and now maintain at about 220, which incidently was my stated goal weight. Though I bet if I stopped heavy lifting, I would dip back down to 200 in short enough time.

As for still seeing the fat person in the mirror, I feel you there. No matter what anyone says, I still see the belly. Some days, I can literally FEEL the fat roll of my stomach. 20 years overweight and identifying as the fat guy doesn't go away easily.

You're the only one who can determine which weight you feel best at, so I say go for it! Congrats on your success! I've gotten comfy at my current weight and still have 20lbs to go to get to my goal!

SW:269
CW:176
GW:154
Sleeved 9/26/2016

Congrats on your amazing success!

I am 5'1" and had surgery weighing 242. My initial goal was 135. After I had a sleeve baby, I readjusted that goal to 125, but eventually my body chose my goal weight for me and settled between 116-118 pounds.

I've been maintaining there for about 2.5 years now.

I'd say go for the extra pounds, but if you're worried about skin, go more slowly. The skin can rebound a LOT in year one and two post goal, though, even without plastics, and strength training can help you look and feel better. I want plastics (keep putting it off) but don't NEED them, even with a 160+ pound loss from my weight when I started researching the sleeve.

I'm 7 years out in a few days, and I keep telling people this: be the size you want to be, so long as it's healthy. Nobody gets to tell you you're too skinny. That's just as crappy as when they gave us a hard time about being obese. It's not okay.

Good luck, you look amazing!

Cheri

You look great!!! Honestly, you look very healthy. I couldn't tell you if you'd look any different if you decided to lose some more, that'll be up to you. As for the fat person in the mirror...please tell her to go away, she's the past and doesn't need to be pestering you with lies and that you're living in the present now. :) I can only hope that my skin bounces back as well, I'm 38 too and started my surgery with a weight of 244, just a couple of inches taller than you. You've given me hope! Thank you for that. Again, you look amazing and congrats on your success!

You look great. I'm 3 weeks out. I hope I can do as good as you. Any tips?

You look great! As for losing more weight- it's your journey and you get to do what you want!
What do you do for exercise?

You look amazing! Congratulations!!!

Sent from my Pixel (Los Angeles)

Firstly, huge props & congratulations to you. Secondly, you do look fabulous but you're the one who decides what is your best weight; however, I would give a lot of thought re: what your surgeon says. Thirdly, a great therapist will help you see what you look like vs you seeing yourself & the old fat person you were. Fourthly, Pilates Reformer workouts will lengthen your slim self & you will get that beautiful dancer's body if you're looking for that. Lastly, let us know how you did accomplish your 10 mo weight loss & fabulous goal. I'm 6 wks post-op & need all the help possible with any pointers you can share to help me reach my weight loss goal. I've lost 31 lbs since my May 24th surgery, I started at 217 lbs & my weight goal is 115 lbs. I have just begun to tolerate eating tiny bites of certain foods. Thank you for your photos & sharing with us. You look fabulous!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BariatricPal mobile app

I stuck to the plan 100%. I kept carbs under 50g and ate mainly Protein and veggies. Stayed away from drinks with any calories and sugar is and was a big no no. On holidays, I allowed myself to eat and enjoy the day. I didn't however allow myself sugar bc I didnt want to crave sugar and that is the hardest thing to kick when reintroduced from what I hear. I am ashamed to say that I have not exercised. I have a very hectic schedule. I have a desk job so I rarely get any exercise. Perhaps if I introduced exercise I could have lost a bit more. Thanks for all the compliments! They help with the confidence level.

In retreading, I'll have to correct my first sentence and say I stuck to the plan 99%