Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I have almost everyone from our original thread.

@AvalonNeeCee
@scorpions118
@jas84047
@nevadapinkprincess
@rainnie1976
@nads64
@Heatherrc1
@Cubancountrygirl
@LauriTX75
@faithful
@bnm4
@wheezysmom
@lorilove
@Jessicacherry3
@ExcitedButNervous
@Nurse 52
@jjbowersock
@mgilleo
@laceygorrell
@smkallen67
@mataz78
@Tricebhasstyle
@fatsolovescandy
@AYRW71
@Remix
@Bullydog Mom
@MaryPh
@marypups
@oceanlover

How are you guys doing? Are you at goal or close? Are you maintaining well? What is your life like now.

I am not at goal yet, but even if I didn't lose anymore I am very happy where I currently am. I still have very little physical hunger, it is rare that I feel hungry.

I still track all of my food, if I didn't track I would never eat enough or meet my goals. My life is pretty normal. I do not feel like a WLS patient anymore at all. I feel like a normal healthy person. My life has been very enriched by my weight loss in ways I could not have imagined.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside
Correct names

I'm still tracking my food as well. 717 days straight on MFP. I am nowhere near goal and haven't lost a whole lot since about 6mo after surgery but have basically maintained +/-10lbs. I really wish I could've done the DS but my insurance wouldn't pay for it so I did the sleeve. I'm happy I did it and it has changed my life immensely but I know the DS would've been a better fit for me. I have a ton of extra skin that makes me very self conscience with my 90lb loss (from my highest, only 70 since surgery) but I have a lot more energy and have put off having to have a total knee replacement for another 5-10yrs which is great for my family history! I have very little restriction anymore but I still don't have any soda (exception: the occasional mixed alcoholic beverage) and only drink Water. My favorite food prior to surgery - Pasta - is now my sworn enemy because of the pain it causes which is both a blessing and a curse. All in all I'm ok if I don't lose more but in a perfect (rich) world I'd have a conversion to a DS and then a Tummy Tuck and breast lift soon after. :)

Edited by jas84047

@jas84047 Thanks for responding. I was afraid no one would respond, most people haven't posted here in over a year.

How much more do you need to lose? What are your daily macros and calories like?

@outsidematchinside I only want to loose about 40 more lbs but my doc would like me to lose about 60. For my personal body preference that would be way too thin since I enjoy my curves, lol. When I'm trying to maintain I stay at 1200 cals, when I'm trying to lose (for example I had a bridesmaid dress I needed to fit in in April) I stay at 1000 cals. My NUT likes my macros at 30%carb/30%protein/40%fat. I try to stay in that but I do admit my carbs go over more than they should. :) You?

I'm pretty happy with my loss so far, I am down about 185 pounds, 173 since surgery. I would like to lose 10-15 more but if I have skin surgery I will lose enough with surgery, so I am pretty content where I am now. I am trying to lose 2 pounds by my surgery anniversary, we'll see if I can pull that off. My body seems pretty content.

7453a3e3e066170b847f8523f677ea44.png

My carbs are usually lower than 20 grams and my fat goal, I do not always hit. My Protein is between 120-130 grams a day.

I wasn't on the original thread, but am hitting the 2 year mark. I got down to 120 pounds lost and didn't feel as healthy as I would have liked. Perhaps it was because I was sick and not in a good place. I have put on 10 pounds since then and want to lose at least 5 of it. Then try for the additional 5 and see how I feel. As long as I'm physically and emotionally healthy I should be fine.

food and I continue to have a love hate relationship. Ice cream and I don't mix well, so it helps me avoid it. Carbs, I love them, but need to distance myself more. Heavy carbs and I don't get along so that's a deterant from eating to many.

I have plenty of loose excess skin, but don't plan to have it removed. My tummy is loose but I can tolerate it. It's my thighs and arms that suck. It does bum me out from time to time but I do my best to use it as a tool to remind myself of who I don;t want to be again. Same with looking at old pictures. I continue to run and race photos are bad!!!! My knees look like they are melting, lol. They look like a Shar-pae dog with wrinkles.

Edited by naturegirl