Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a newbie with my new gastric sleeve!

I was sleeved on June 21st and in this short amount of time I've gone from an 18W to a 16, I just had to share this news with one's who understand thanks for listening!!

Sent from my N9519 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi there I had surgery on the 24th June so we are newbies together. Congratulations on your success . It's amazing isn't it to get results . I've lost 17lbs since my pre op diet and I'm thrilled. I'm in the uk and have gone from a size 20 to an 18. I've been very tired on the second week but have Alitalia more energy this week and less pain. The eating is going well and I'm rarely hungry. How about you?

Sleeved 6/28 hey!!!

Hi folks, I was sleeved on Friday the 30th and am also seeing results. Clothes noticeably looser.

does it feel like you h aving a heart attack? Im scared Im getting sleeved next week

how long does the pain last if you eat wrong?

1 hour ago, Lisa's smashing it ! said:

That's fantastic! It really gives results. How are you feeling from your op?. I'm doing well, I am on the stage 3 food now . I just need to remember to SLOW Down 😂! I otherwise get a terrible pain in my chest.

Overall good. I'm on pureed food. that's been easy to eat. No real desire to eat. But catch myself eating fast. Need to slow down by time I move to next stage or will likely have problem.

Find getting all meds down was difficult at start but now only on acid reduction med, my B12 and multivitatmin. Off pain killers.

Walking. Pain in chest seems to have stopped 2 days ago.

1 hour ago, NYCGAL000 said:

does it feel like you h aving a heart attack? Im scared Im getting sleeved next week

Chest pain for me, was across both shoulders and felt like a lot of pressure. It alleviated when I'd get up out of bed and with some pain killer. It was tolerable but painful til moved and had painkiller.....but mine would come and go.

Hi there I had surgery on the 24th June so we are newbies together. Congratulations on your success . It's amazing isn't it to get results . I've lost 17lbs since my pre op diet and I'm thrilled. I'm in the uk and have gone from a size 20 to an 18. I've been very tired on the second week but have Alitalia more energy this week and less pain. The eating is going well and I'm rarely hungry. How about you?

Thanks for responding it's always nice to see that others really read my stuff. I had a little trouble because I tried to jump to regular food this week, just a little pain in the middle of my upper stomach. The feeling you have when you're full now I've noticed is alot different feeling than when my stomach was full before surgery. Have you noticed that at all? I've been more tired than usual also, mine is just from healing I guess, what is Alitalia? I've never heard of it. Maybe we can talk on Facebook if you want I can post some photos because now at least I don't see my stomach in front, now my chest at least is seen first when I look down. I would love to have someone to talk to that doesn't immediately have negative responses because they think they know it all. Let me know I'll send you my fb page and we can talk on messenger without all of fb listening in I'm not letting too many of my close friends know about the surgery and I'm not that good of friends with my fb friends, I'm sure you understand. Let me know.

Yes I love the results I'm getting now but I can't wait to get back to my yard work outside, I'm dying too mow my lawn and rake everything up. I'm rarely hungry either and when I am I have certain things I love to kill my hunger with. I had a half cup of refried been last night with 2 tbsp of queso con salsa cheese only 40 cals for the cheese and 100 for the Beans. I warm it up and it makes me full, I am amazed at how little I can eat and still get full. I used to eat about 3 or 4 bowls of Cereal at night as my snack because I never felt full, now I'm full with a half cup of anything!!!! It's just amazing how my stomach is reacting and I'm so grateful for Dr. Chan's at Loyola Hospital they are the best.

That's fantastic! It really gives results. How are you feeling from your op?. I'm doing well, I am on the stage 3 food now . I just need to remember to SLOW Down [emoji23]! I otherwise get a terrible pain in my chest.

Me too! It's so hard to learn to slow down everything from eating to drinking. I also get the pain in my chest. I'm just amazed at how little I can eat and still feel like I ate a whole meal like I used to. But without all the calories. I'm loving my sleeve so much I had the chance to do this about four years ago and I let my mom talk me out of it. I almost let HER fear talk me out of it again but I told her she had to get ready because I was having the surgery no matter what and it was harder for her to deal with than me. I told my mom, I'm 55 years old, I'm a very strong and pretty healthy person. My mom is full Italian and I think her hardest part is the fact that I won't be able to eat as much as I used to, Italians aren't happy unless everyone leaves the table stuffed and I just don't want or feel the need to do that anymore. I'm sorry she is struggling with this but "It's my body and I want it now!" lol

I've never had a heart attack so I'm not sure but it feels to me like pressure in the middle of my chest like you swallowed something and you didn't drink enough to get it down all the way. It feels like indigestion more than anything. Don't feel scared I was sleeved on June 21st and in so happy I did it I wouldn't change my mind if I had to reconsider it over and over. I changed my mind about six years ago and I'm very sorry I did. I'm pretty tough but the surgery was the easy part, it's learning how to slow down on eating and drinking and how much you need to eat that's the tough part. When I woke up from surgery all I remember is the fact that now is the real game changer, because wls is a tool not a magic wand, unfortunately lol that was the real AHA moment for me because I realized I was still going to feel fat because I was still fat. I've lost about 12 lbs. though and went from a size 18W to a size 16, I just went out and bought a few new items because I only had fat clothes and anything that was a 16 never fit me before. I'm going to a party today and I can't wait to show off a little bit. You're gonna do fine, don't over think this it's not rocket science and it's the most amazing thing I've ever done for myself.