Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So afraid I am going to screw this up.

I am just past the three week mark. I had a rough first couple of weeks. I have felt better the last couple of days. My problem is I already want to cheat. Last night I wanted something salty so bad. I swear if there had been chips in the house I would have tried to eat them. I ended up getting a green olive and chewing it for days until it was mush. My surgeon seems to have a longer no solid food phase than some I have read about. I have puréed for two more weeks, than soft foods for two after that and then I progress to solid. I am afraid I will try and skip ahead. I am a self pay and the thought of failure and wasting money keeps me stressed. How does everyone keep on track? Do you or have you slipped? What are your secrets to success? Thank you.

I feel the same way!! Your not alone at all! I wish I could give you advice but I'm in the same boat as you! It has to get easier right?

My surgery date was 6/12. What about you? I hope it gets easier too. [emoji846]

My surgery date was 6/12. What about you? I hope it gets easier too. [emoji846]

Mine was 6/19/17 I am also having mood swings like crazy! It's so hard sometimes thank you

You should be afraid. Fear is a powerful motivator. Fear can also lead to respect. For example, I do not work with electricity anymore since getting the **** shocked out of me. I understand how it works and now have the utmost respect for electricity. I no longer fear it though. If you use this time to learn proper nutrition and establish good eating habits, you will no longer fear failure but you may respect the power food can have over you.

On 7/4/2017 at 11:42 AM, melty29 said:

My problem is I already want to cheat.

I see this stated so many times and I truly do not understand why people choose to call it cheating. Cheating is almost always done to win. In our situations, "cheating" always indicates failure or weakness. Don't despair! We all have weak times, it's natural. But having the idea in your head that you are cheating does not help you win at anything. Recognize it as a weak moment so that you can work on becoming stronger.

Mine was 6/19/17 I am also having mood swings like crazy! It's so hard sometimes thank you

I am a little more emotional lately too. I am sure the people around me hope this passes soon. Ha!

Can you find a new hobby to take your mind off eating? I'm afraid I'll be the same way and am trying to find something new to take my mind off of it. Some people exercise or take up a class at night when cravings get bad. I would love to hear what works for you.

That is a good idea. Next week I will be past the activity restrictions so I am hoping to get in the routine of going to the gym. We shall see [emoji3]. Good luck to you!

I am a little more emotional lately too. I am sure the people around me hope this passes soon. Ha!

Oh I know my people hope so! I'm like an emotional roller coaster about to derail lol but it's getting better

Head hunger can be hard. I second the suggestion to start a new enjoyable hobby. I have chosen running which has the great side effect of helping me get fit.

Stay focused on the reasons for your surgery and concentrate on developing the healthy habits that you are going to need to succeed long term.

Frame everything from a positive viewpoint. Instead of thinking about what you can't eat, say to yourself I am so glad I am choosing to eat healthy foods that are nourishing my body. Seek out recipes for the types of foods/stage you are at.