Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I won the lawsuit against SLIMBAND IN TORONTO how do i collect

Did you see the reply that Women’s College Hospital , Toronto ,Dr David Urbach . You may want to research this out. Best of luck to you

Thank you so much for your recommendation!!! I will directly contact him or ask my family doctor to refer me to him!

Does he charge $?

It was put on by someone else I just posted it . That I don’t know you will have to ask. Make sure your Dr checks him out before you get anything done . Apparently he removes slim bands on a daily basis. Please do your homework as I don’t know this dr .
Hope it all works out for you . Good luck

15 minutes ago, Falie said:

Thank you so much for your recommendation!!! I will directly contact him or ask my family doctor to refer me to him!

Does he charge $?

I have no idea! I had/have problems with my slimband and I wanted to contact my slimband clinic here in Toronto and learned they closed down because their malpractice! I started to do research about it and that's when I saw an article about butchered slimbands and this Women's College Hospital's doctor who removes slimbands! I will send you this website to read the article: https://www.rcinet.ca/en/2018/01/12/gastric-band-bleeding-pain-cbc-marketplace/. It doesn't say anything about charging money, but I am just wondering if somebody would be in a life threatening situation and would have no money for the surgery than they would let that person to die?! I see so many people here with slimband problems and will be more and more in the future and somehow I do not see how we would get any help from anywhere! :(

I would love to be apart of a class action suit on this company! I had my surgery and puked my brains out for 5 years until I saw the W5 report and realized I wasn’t the only one! Even after they closed I still was obligated to pay because I financed that horrible surgery and when all said and done I paid almost $30,000. 😡 I finally got the band removed and was so happy to drink a bottle of Water without getting sick. So please if anyone has started the process please contact me I’m in 100%

On 3/24/2020 at 3:47 PM, Erika68 said:

I have no idea! I had/have problems with my slimband and I wanted to contact my slimband clinic here in Toronto and learned they closed down because their malpractice! I started to do research about it and that's when I saw an article about butchered slimbands and this Women's College Hospital's doctor who removes slimbands! I will send you this website to read the article: https://www.rcinet.ca/en/2018/01/12/gastric-band-bleeding-pain-cbc-marketplace/. It doesn't say anything about charging money, but I am just wondering if somebody would be in a life threatening situation and would have no money for the surgery than they would let that person to die?! I see so many people here with slimband problems and will be more and more in the future and somehow I do not see how we would get any help from anywhere! :(

I had problems from the beginning only had 3 fills and couldn’t eat years after until I got it out in Hamilton at St.Joes best thing I did was get it out!

Hi Melissa,

i am so glad to heard you actually got rid the band. Will you able forward me your doctor name so i can see if i can fit his/her criteria to remove my slimband. How does it feel now without band ?

I saw Dr Dennis Hong at St.Joes in Hamilton I was referred by my doctor! Right after surgery they gave me ginger ale to sip and it went right down no issues. After the week of healing I had a steak dinner and it was amazing. Nothing getting stuck and no vomiting it was so nice! I have been a year now without the band and feel great haven’t gained weight at all😊

Hello - I had my lapband done in 2015 by Slimband in Toronto. And like many others - issues from day one with no support or assistance. I've had many years of vomitting.

Finally got referred to Wharton Medical Clinic and Dr. Wharton suggested I go on a class action lawsuit for this. He immediately said - it has to come out and is referring me to Surgery Clinic in Hamilton.

I'm really hoping it won't take long to get done. Will be so glad to have this nightmare over with.

Any assistance on how to register for class action somewhere - I'm sure I won't see any money but really feel it needs to be counted/reported. Thank you.

Edited by Raine888
Addition of note for assistance

I’ve been with Wharton clinic as well, I’m also always searching to see if there is a class action lawsuit as well that I can jump on....let’s keep updated if you hear anything I’m always looking

Hey everyone...

Update:

i had contacted SmartShape Clinic in Mississauga. They do offer lapband removal since they had done many patient in their clinic. The cost for removal is $5,000. I will also need check Dr Dr Dennis Hong at St.Joes in Hamilton & Dr. David Urbach to find out if there cost involved or OHIP is covered hopefully.

Edited by Falgune Dusara

So glad you found a Dr that will remove the Slimband . Sorry you will have another cost to endure though . Hopefully one of the others will be covered by OHIP.
Good luck . Let us know how it goes

If you just go to your family doctor you can get a referral to a surgeon that will remove a lapband under OHIP. I had mine remove at St.Mikes hospital 2 years ago under OHIP.

Hey Hanbe,

It good to know there is some doctor covered OHIP. My family doctor had been trying to sent out referral and some doctor had denied it and i am not sure why they did that. May i know the doctor name and information from St. Mike hospital? I can ask my doctor to referral me too as well.

I can’t remember off the top of my head. I will contact my doctors office once it opens again after COVID-19. I will post when I know