Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I won the lawsuit against SLIMBAND IN TORONTO how do i collect

GOOOD NEWS!!!

I directly contact to Jacquelin Palef from Lerners Lawyer firm in Toronto who interested to do Lawsuit class action against Slimband/ Allegran Inc. She is expertise defective medical devices and she had worked many class action. I spoke to her the phone personally and she mentioned she will take up to the board first to confirmed and then we go ahead from there. I would need hear back her from next following two week. Let keep our finger crossed.

That is fantastic . Please keep us updated . Thank you for your hard work.
Hope to hear from you soon.
I still have all my paper work if need be .
This is exciting for sure .

Is anyone is in GTA or outside of GTA? Just forget to ask the lawyer if she can advocate client for Toronto or across Canada clients . I read her bio that he can represent USA and Canada clients.

Edited by Falgune Dusara

I am very interested in going in on this class action lawsuit. Do I need to contact the lawyer to join? and if so, who do I contact. We have put out several thousands of dollars and need to get something for this scam.

Hi Ann,

So first Jacquelin Palef from Lerners Lawyer firm will take up to the board to confirmed then she will contact back me after two week to confirmed. Then once she created a class action in her website then you will put your name on the list and she will look into every each case. For now we need to keep our finger crossed once the board is on the board.

Updated news:

Hello,

I had followed up many law firm related lawsuit class action for medical default and personal injuries. Unfortunately Jacquelin Palef from Lerners Lawyer firm unable to take on this matter due to a conflict. Gold Batt Partners firm mentioned about to aware that in general a person in Ontario has to start a lawsuit within two years of the event harming them or the knowledge they were harmed. If you do not start your case within two years, the defendant may say your case it too late and is “statute barred. I had couple lawyer was interested then once they took up the board it was not good case i guess.. The lawyer asked to keep eyes on BC firm because at the moment the court isn't currently approved the case yet.

I wonder if Doctor in Hamilton would remove my band and have it covered by OHIP. I have asked my GP for a referral. I would also be interested in the recovery time

if you guys do end up finding someone to sue slimband, please let me know. I also got a band in 2011 and i havent lost any weight. it has also made my life miserable and ihavent had a refill as once they filled it soo much that i had to go to emergency. i just recently found out they closed shop. i talked to my doctor about having the band removed but was told unless it caused me some life threatening situation they cannot remove it. so i am stuck to wait until i am close to dying from the band before having it removed :( these 2 years rules and ohip rules does not take into consideration human rights/humanity :(

On 7/14/2020 at 8:13 PM, Samantha B said:

If you talk to a surgeon they will remove the band, covered by OHIP. I got my band removed on July 9,2020... mine was removed by dr sacks from penetanguishene.

can you talk to the surgeon directly or do we need a referral from family doctor? my family doctor wont do it unless its considered life threatening to me

2 hours ago, serenity786 said:

I called up this surgeon on my own, I booked an appointment with them and told the surgeon how I was being woken up in the middle of the night choking and being sick ( which is when the liquid comes back up and into your lungs and can drown you in your sleep). I told her how I would faint if I ate something like bread or Pizza Crust. She told me about the procedure and then I booked an appointment for the removal... I didn’t need my doctor at all... and if you want the same then tell them about the experience you are having... it doesn’t cost anything it’s covered by OHIP... and the next day you can eat regularly without the horrible tension... I have been focusing on eating healthy and have managed to lose weight still.., if you have any other questions let me know :)

Hi Everyone,

I had finally received an email from Rosenberg Law.The action is in its beginning stages and there is still opportunity to become a class member and seek to receive compensation for the injuries.Rosenberg Law, is the lead counsel for this action. They will be arguing this case in court against the manufacturers and distributers of Lap-Band. their argument is that the defendants produced and marketed Lap-Band at a time when they knew Lap-Band was faulty, ineffective, and dangerous, and was causing serious injury to patients. The judge managing this case is Justice Warren Milman of the British Columbia Supreme Court.

They are working with the lawyers at Murphy Battista LLP to prosecute the Lap-Band action against the defendants. Kevin Gourlay is the lead lawyer at Murphy Battista working on this action. Kevin and Murphy Battista will be working with all class members to collect medical records and other information and to assist individuals in making their claim to any settlement fund or trial award.

Best way to add your name through their website.

@falgune i also finally received an email from them. They asked me to reply back with my email so they can verify my name and send my address. She said someone will be in touch with me soon, so waiting for that. I really hope this works out. I am so tired of getitng a bit of hope than nothing. im also scared about getting my band removed. im starting to have in my incision area but tests showed i had hernia and its not the band.