Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another post about stalls!!

Hi everyone !

I know there are some typical times when stalls happen after surgery.

I had one at about 4 weeks and it lasted a few weeks!

Now I am just coming up on 4 months and I have been fluctuating between the same 4lbs for at least 2-3 weeks.

Is this another normal time?

I'm so afraid I just STOPPED losing now !

Any info/ advice is welcome.

Oh and my hair is falling out like crazy!!

Anyone have special shampoos that seems to help ?

Thanks !!

I'm in a stall at 7 weeks out myself. Same 3 pounds up and down for a week or so. I need to walk more, I'm sure.

There's not much you can do about the Hair loss but I hear it stops at about a year and you'll grow it back. It's an internal thing due to the shock to your body from the surgery and the malabsorption of nutrients. Just keep up with the Vitamins. Good luck on getting out of the stall soon! I have the same fear that my body stopped losing weight already!

I was in a stall for like two days. Before that a week. I figured out why on my own though. The first time I needed to eat more and get more Protein in than I was getting. The second was probably from the Taco Bell I ate... I'll never touch Taco Bell again though, it made me feel like crap 10 minutes after eating it and once I made something myself, I immediately felt better... And the weight started coming off again.

----------------------------

HW- 273

Pre-op Wt- 230

SW- 226

CW- 186

GW- 130

Ht- 5'2.5"

DOS- April 26th, 2017

"Only those who try will become." ~FFX

Sounds like you're back on track. Keep up the good work. Two steps forward one step back is better than no steps forward. Best of luck. [emoji106]

Aka_ET

HW-220
Pre-op 194.3
RNY
SD June 16th 2017
CW-188
GW-140
HT 5' 3"
[emoji120][emoji878][emoji1272]

"You may see me struggle but you will never see me quit"

Hi everyone !

I know there are some typical times when stalls happen after surgery.

I had one at about 4 weeks and it lasted a few weeks!

Now I am just coming up on 4 months and I have been fluctuating between the same 4lbs for at least 2-3 weeks.

Is this another normal time?

I'm so afraid I just STOPPED losing now !

Any info/ advice is welcome.

Oh and my hair is falling out like crazy!!

Anyone have special shampoos that seems to help ?

Thanks !!

I

I am at 4 months also. And going through the same stall..... [emoji17] keep up the fight our bodies are just recovering. This is a tough process but the journey is far from over.

Nioxin 4 for Shampoo. Won't stop loss but will help with growth

Honestly if you want to slow Hair loss then ensure you're getting at least 60 grams of Protein a day which is hard to do so Protein Shakes are the best way. You can't eat enough the first year to get all your protein requirements. And if your weight loss is stalling cut out simple carbs - bread crackers potatoes rice and junk food.< /p>

I think it would be helpful for us to have a rule of thumb as to how long to expect stalls to last, and when to be concerned.

From all the posts, it seems safe to say stalls can last 21 days without concern. Outsidematchesinside experienced a stall at least for a month, but her clothing sizes continued changing during that time.

From this nonscientific sample size, I believe it is safe to say.. don't worry unless you go a month without scale or measurement changes. If you do, and you're not at goal, then it's time to change things up.

I'm in a stall at 7 weeks out myself. Same 3 pounds up and down for a week or so. I need to walk more, I'm sure.

There's not much you can do about the Hair loss but I hear it stops at about a year and you'll grow it back. It's an internal thing due to the shock to your body from the surgery and the malabsorption of nutrients. Just keep up with the Vitamins. Good luck on getting out of the stall soon! I have the same fear that my body stopped losing weight already!

I take Biotin for hair loss

yes, the stall threads are getting old.

my nutritionist said my weight loss is going to look like a staircase, not a slide.

expect it, it's normal, it's required by your body - be patient.

Hair loss can be a sign of not enough Protein. My dietitian said about 3 months after a protein deficiency your hair will fall out and your nails will be crap. Up your protein. For me it's hard without really being conscious of it. I found a 10 G Protein Drink at the dollar store that I'm going to try.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 200 GW 135

here is my weird story...lose 2 lbs...following week fluxuate up 3 lbs. End of said week, down the 3 lbs of flux and then down another 2 lbs.

To illustrate: Sunday: 100. Monday: 101. Wednesday: 103. Friday: 101. Sunday: 98. (I'm not really 100 lbs, just an example of how I cannot keep track of the bouncing ball of my weight.) I look at it like, well at least I am losing still.

Yep that's normal - weigh yourself once a week the same day at same time. That is your weight for the week. If you're not down then cut out snacking and the following week see if you're down. If still not down cut out carbs...it's a journey and your weight will fluctuate daily. And of course exercise at least 30 mins daily.

Hair loss can be a sign of not enough Protein. My dietitian said about 3 months after a protein deficiency your hair will fall out and your nails will be crap. Up your protein. For me it's hard without really being conscious of it. I found a 10 G protein drink at the dollar store that I'm going to try.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 200 GW 135

The first year and a half I had Premier Protein shakes at 30 grams of protein two of them a day got my requirements in..I had them on ice or very cold then they tasted better.