Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 2 post op throwing up

I'm home now and have been on Clear Liquids all day. I didn't throw up at all when I was in the hospital, but I just started throwing up now. Is this normal? I hate throwing up and now I'm in so much pain! I used to settle stomach with room temp ginger ale obviously that's not an option. Any suggestions?

I'd ask your doctor for some anti nausea medication. They work pretty well. Feel better soon, and congrats on making it past the first step in your journey!

Get some zofran.

i also made a ginger tea. 2 cup Water boiling. Add 1 inch fresh ginger smashed. Steep until cool. I made lemon crystal light with the water. I love ginger and I does calm your stomach.

Get some zofran.
i also made a ginger tea. 2 cup Water boiling. Add 1 inch fresh ginger smashed. Steep until cool. I made lemon crystal light with the water. I love ginger and I does calm your stomach.

I used that during pregnancy thanks

My dr is prescribing me anti nausea meds and wants me to drink coconut Water. I am hoping I can keep hydrated in in pain but trying not to take meds bec that will only irritate stomach more. I am trying to get out of bed for a few min every hour but my energy level is awful. I feel light headed and dizzy. I am drinking some warm Decaf tea with lemon and going to try some ginger tea too. I'm just so nervous

even room temperature ginger ale is carbonated..... I don't think you should be drinking carbonated Fluid at this time. Have you shaken it or gotten rid of the carbonation some how?

even room temperature ginger ale is carbonated..... I don't think you should be drinking carbonated Fluid at this time. Have you shaken it or gotten rid of the carbonation some how?

I'm not drinking ginger ale

Start the Zofran (ondansetron) as soon as you can get it- it will work like a charm- also- make sure you're taking some sort of stool softener now- like Colace Or something else witlhOUT the stimulant- (ask the pharmacist)- because nausea can be made worse by constipation- which as I'm sure you know is made worse with narcotics-
Oh- and about those- good job being conscious of taking them only as needed- but you don't have to be a hero- if you're in pain then take them! You're body can't heal well if you're in a lot of pain because you put out adrenaline and cortisol when you're here in pain- but these don't allow your body to rest and heal- so if you're in pain then take them- that's why you have them- especially at 2 days post-op-
This will all get better- the first few days are the toughest after surgery-
But we're here with you- keep us posted!

Thank you so much!
I am on zofran and had some coconut Water, sugar free ice pops, chicken broth... just not near 48 oz of fluids yet but better than last night

Thank you for being so supportive

Of course sweetheart! You're not alone- we've all walked this path- I'm only 7 months baths out but I remember the first few days- good job with the Zofran and coconut Water (I didn't know that one- thanks!)- keep up the ice pops and broth (they saved me!) and Jello was so helpful- some people can't stand it but it at least gave me something to "chew"-
As for the ounces of water- keep striving for your goal but remember that sips are the best way- I actually got those little condiment cups - like for Jello shooters- on Amazon they were cheap- And my husband (Thank God for him!) made me 2 oz cups of SF black cherry Jello that we kept in the fridge- like 30 little 2 ouncers at a time' it was funny- but they helped me keep track of what I was "drinking"-
The little containers were also awesome because I would use them for actual liquids too- I marked 4 of them with a Sharpie with :00, :15, :30 and :45 and then filled them with crystal light I think- or whatever I was drinking (try Powerade Zero too) and very 15 minutes I was just sip down one little cup- so that's 8 oz in one hour- I was able to hit my goal that way- maybe give that a try-
Anyway- we're here- let us know how you're doing- and ask tons of questions! They won't annoy anyone - we all asked a bazillion (and I still do) at the start too [emoji16]

Yes they were going to give me a bunch of the 1oz cups in the hospital like medicine cups but we forgot them lol

15 hours ago, Ksinger522 said:

I'm not drinking ginger ale

Yes, sorry.. read it too quickly.. I hope you are feeling better