Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 10 weeks Post -Op and still can't eat eggs, cottage cheese bread of any type and barley can eat any meat and if I do get to eat meat I only can eat a couple of bites of a grilled chicken strip only no red meat or pork and then I'm full . I can eat yogurt and a half of a Protein Shake .I was wondering if anyone else has or had this problem of having a hard time eating at 12 weeks out ? I'm already down 60 lbs which I'm happy about but I would like to get more of a food intake. TYI

Edited by Martinichic

I am 12weeks Post -Op and still can't eat eggs, cottage cheese bread of any type and barley can eat any meat and if I do get to eat meat I only can eat a couple of bites of a grilled chicken strip only no red meat or pork and then I'm full . I can eat yogurt and a half of a Protein Shake .I was wondering if anyone else has or had this problem of having a hard time eating at 12 weeks out ? I'm already down 60 lbs which I'm happy about but I would like to get more of a food intake. TYI

Not to ask a stupid question. Have you tried preparing certain things differently? How do you make your eggs?

7 minutes ago, leiaD said:

Not to ask a stupid question. Have you tried preparing certain things differently? How do you make your eggs?

Oh its not a stupid question ,I prepare them normally with a little butter and crème frese ,then I took that out and made them plain ,also I have done eggs whites and still cant eat them

Oh its not a stupid question ,I prepare them normally with a little butter and crème frese ,then I took that out and made them plain ,also I have done eggs whites and still cant eat them

Well if it's worth the try, I've had deviled eggs. I'm two weeks post op almost. They go down pretty smoothly. Someone told me not to do a hard scrambled egg because they sit like bricks. I think the red meat thing is pretty common as I hear it takes a while for that. My friend couldn't take it until after a year.

Tried really tender pulled pork, but not too greasy because I heard that can mess up your stomach as well.

4 minutes ago, Jules1206 said:

What do you mean by "can't eat"? Do you get sick/throw up? Or do you mean that you feel full quickly?

I throw up and get very fatigued ,and I also get full after a couple of bites as well .

3 minutes ago, leiaD said:

Well if it's worth the try, I've had deviled eggs. I'm two weeks post op almost. They go down pretty smoothly. Someone told me not to do a hard scrambled egg because they sit like bricks. I think the red meat thing is pretty common as I hear it takes a while for that. My friend couldn't take it until after a year.

I will try that ,and thank you a year I will live with that lol ,I just wish I could eat more than a few bites as well .

5 minutes ago, leiaD said:

Tried really tender pulled pork, but not too greasy because I heard that can mess up your stomach as well.

I will try that to it just gets frustrating sometimes .

I'm right at 4 months out and can't eat eggs. As soon as they touch my tongue I immediately get nauseas. Egg whites go down a little better though.

HW 330
SW 292
CW 228.6
GW below 200

I'm right at 4 months out and can't eat eggs. As soon as they touch my tongue I immediately get nauseas. Egg whites go down a little better though.

HW 330
SW 292
CW 228.6
GW below 200

I hope I can get to 200 in 4 months [emoji7] I would be so happy!

I am two months out from surgery and my instructions are not to add rice and bread until at least 3 months out and not to add beef and pork until at least 6 months out.

Have you tried poached eggs. This is what I had when I first tried eggs and they went down easy.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:40 PM, naturallyzee said:

HW 330
SW 292
CW 228.6
GW below 200

I did an egg white this weekend and it stayed down pretty good ,So I will try them a little more but can only eat a little bit still am I'm good with that If you don't mind how many oz are you at eating wise ?

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:40 PM, naturallyzee said:

HW 330
SW 292
CW 228.6
GW below 200

I did an egg white this weekend and it stayed down pretty good ,So I will try them a little more but can only eat a little bit still am I'm good with that If you don't mind how many oz are you at eating wise ?

2 minutes ago, Martinichic said:

I try to weigh everything. I usually do about 3 oz per meal.