Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 hours ago, deeveg said:

Also, my experience has been that my desire for them is stronger than the satisfaction from eating them. I had the flu a few months back and doc's advice was to eat simple carbs for a day or 2 because my body needed them temporarily. I was psyched. FREE PASS!!! I ordered lo mein and thought it would be delicious. But it was Gummy and tasteless. I guess I used to inhale it so fast (and with a ton of duck sauce and crushed up fried wonton noodles sprinkled on top) that I never noticed it wasn't that good to start with.

This has been my experience EXACTLY. Noodles taste like paste (the, like, two that I've had). I have attributed it to the change in taste buds postop. My interpretation is the surgery has "fixed" my tastebuds, so I can taste what food ACTUALLY tastes like, and not some rose-colored glasses interpretation.

So far, my tastes haven't lied. Sweet stuff is too sweet. Things made with plain white flour taste like you'd think plain white flour should taste like :) I can taste the baking soda in baked goods!! That bears repeating. I can taste the baking soda in a chocolate cake or muffin!!

Can't wait to go wine-tasting (and spitting of course).. I might be in for a nightmare or treat, not sure which!

Our Dr doesn't have us eating carbs until 6 months out...I will hit my goal weight hopefully in 1-2 months...Carbs are hard to digest as well right now at my 3rd month out..Id stay away as long as possible since that is our source of number one weight gain anyway...until you hit your goal weight..I just look at bread and gain weight...Good luck!!

I can't say it enough...Carbs are the devils work.:71_smiling_imp: Stay away from them (just my opinion) there are lots of different options available at your local health food stores. A lot of the big box stores are carrying stuff as well.. since everyone is afraid of carbs/gluten. Just make sure you read your labels...can't stress that enough either. If your eating Protein Bars for example watch out for the sugar content, nothing over 10 gr.

Four years out and I only eat them on very limited occasions. And they don't sit well in my stomach unless they are toasted.

To answer your question about tolerating bread products, I'm 6.5 months out and they do not bother me and I can tolerate them just fine. My sleeve is like a sleeve of steel and there is not much I can't tolerate. Bread does not increase my cravings for bread but everyone is different.

I personally eat between 50-100 grams of carbs a day and it's working for me. I've lost 101 pounds so far and I'm 20 away from my goal. That being said, complex carbs are the way to go and mostly get my carbs from grains and veggies. When I'm wanting a sandwich type of meal I use the Mission Whole Grain Carb Balance Tortillas to make a wrap or even a quesadilla or pizza. If I eat bread on a rare occasion I go with whole grain and I toast it. I avoid Pasta personally and rice.

Thanks Sullie for your response that is the way I want to live throughout my life going forward....I purchased those low carb small tortilla wraps and eat those once in a while..I am glad there is no pain in the future and hope to "wrap" up this bread thing soon...thanks for your input.

My NUT allows us 2 multigrain serving s and 2 fruits daily, always with and after eating the Protein. I follow this plan and rarely have issues with Constipation. I don't use any protein supplements - I get all my nutrition from real food.

My surgery was June 12 and i get to add bread, rice, and Pasta at the end of 9'weeks which will be August 12.

Just started ten weeks out. Having no problems at all with bread or tortillas or pasta!