Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanting to talk with someone that's had this done

Hey don't worry, the stomach heals during the recovery. I'm 4 weeks post op and I feel great. Having to get used to eating again...slowly adding foods for energy to workout.

Take your time during recovery and REST.....your body will tell you if anything is wrong.

Best thing ever done!!!

Down 60lbs in all since pre-op.

Best wishes! Val Carson

Following. 10 years post banded and lucky to keep my band .... but you never know what comes next in life. I do, however know that weighing 272 lbs will not happen again!

Keeping all options open and anxious to hear of the success and pitfalls of this newest wls. Please update if you have any info about it.

Thank you

We are all trying for a better healthier life in our own ways!

Hi EW- Thank you I really appreciate the positive feedback as I'm very close to pulling the trigger so to speak. My one worry is what happens to the stomach that is stitched up and left behind? Does the stomach grow together where it's stitched? Do the stitches stay in? Fall out? Can the stomach that stays behind cause problems? Let me know if your doctor addressed any of these with you!! I have a consultation on Monday with the surgeon. Thanks!

I will clarify again by my next appointment, but I understood is that with time the stomach does grow together.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Had endo sleeve 10 days ago.

After talking to the doc he told me that the stomach can become big if the stitches got worn with time (which should take years for it to happen)

Otherwise it should be good.

I'm currently in my purée phase. The diet that I go through is exactly like VSG patients.

Happy to answer questions.

My doctor said the same, it can happen also if you abuse the stomach, like in all other procedures.

Hi ksuda and EW11211

I had a phone consult with the physician at Johns Hopkins and he told me that the stitches come out (on their own) after about 12-months or so. I would definitely double check with your surgeons. Please let me know if they say otherwise. Where did you have the procedure done?

How are you both feeling?

I'm still debating between the VSG end the endo procedure, though now that I know the stomach doesn't stay stitched up forever I am leaning toward VSG.

19 hours ago, Zaa said:

Hi ksuda and EW11211

I had a phone consult with the physician at Johns Hopkins and he told me that the stitches come out (on their own) after about 12-months or so. I would definitely double check with your surgeons. Please let me know if they say otherwise. Where did you have the procedure done?

How are you both feeling?

I'm still debating between the VSG end the endo procedure, though now that I know the stomach doesn't stay stitched up forever I am leaning toward VSG.

Hi Zara,

That's interesting! Never heard of that! My doctor said that it depends on how you treat your stomach (amount of food..etc)

Personally, I'm looking to drop 50 pounds only and that's why I went with Endo Sleeve instead of VSG. What is your goal if you don't mind me asking?

I'm happy with it until now. Recovery time was super quick compared to VSG.

Hi Zara,
That's interesting! Never heard of that! My doctor said that it depends on how you treat your stomach (amount of food..etc)
Personally, I'm looking to drop 50 pounds only and that's why I went with Endo Sleeve instead of VSG. What is your goal if you don't mind me asking?
I'm happy with it until now. Recovery time was super quick compared to VSG.

My goal is to lose 80 lbs. the short recovery time is super appealing. Though I would love to talk to someone who is a year+ out from the procedure.

Call the Weill Cornell center at 8779022232

I'm so excited to have found these posts! Im

sched for the procedure on Sept 28th. I'm

getting very excited and very nervous. Is there quite a bit of nausea postOp?

The doctor prescribed a 72 hour patch to be placed the night before the procedure. I changed it once , but never felt any nausea. But every person is different, some people feel nauseated from the anesthesia.

I am scheduled for September 25th. I seem to have a lot of "anti nausea" prescriptions including a suppository. How was the post procedure nausea? I am flying home the next afternoon from NY to Pittsburgh. Afraid I'll be sick on the plane!

Where is your procedure taking place?

mine is scheduled for September 28th and I'm so excited. I'm nervous about being nauseous and about not being able to drink Water - only being able to take small sips. To those who've had the procedure -what was the most unexpected challenge as well as benefit? Thanks!!!

Hi- my procedure will be done at Cornell Weill in NYC. I fly home the next day to Pittsburgh so I am hoping that I'm not extremely nauseous.