Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I was told I shouldn't have any trouble swallowing my everyday meds, but even the small Percocet they gave me I cut into three pieces and now it feels like a lump

In my throat. I haven't even tried taking my regular everyday pills and medicine. So what's the trick?

I couldn't either the first month. Now I can swallow my horse pills with no problem. I thought it was because I was too afraid to take a big drink to get the pill down. Now I can gulp more Water now.

my surgeon was explicit, no pills for 12 weeks. I crushed mine. Each surgeon is different but I'd recommend crushing your pills. It sucks but it sucks less than swallowing the pills and then possible getting an ulcer because it sits on the unhealed seam while it's disintegrates.

I was allowed pills right off the bat. I had no problem taking them either.
If you're struggling with them either wait five minutes between taking each pill or crush them. Time release pills should not be crushed however.

Oh wow. Are you at home now? Is it bad pain?

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm home now that I'm passing gas not as bad pain as earlier.

My doctor was pretty adamant about crushing pills for the first couple months, but in the hospital they gave them to me straight. No crushes. I even asked and the nurses said it was fine. I've been swallowing them ever since and it seems to be fine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• AmberFL

2 of the Biggest NSV thus far in my life; 1) my 6yr old daughter can wrap her arms around me for the first time ever! 2) My 12yr old son is having a basketball game for the parents vs. their players and I am playing with him! Its been awhile since I played basketball so I have been practicing lol but I would never had even volunteered to do this 70lbs ago! 
      This surgery has changed my life for the better!
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

That's fantastic!

• Newtransformation79

It has hit me today, as I sit in my chair at work that I don't have my belly sticking out to where it would hit the desk. Oh and I can cross my legs more comfortably. It amazes me just how much I have loss in inches vs actual pounds, I have lost 24 lbs all together. But I believe in inches all over about 3 inches. I am noticing more energy and have pep to my step. My skin is a lot clearer. My watch band is shorter by 3 notches. the little things are what I am noticing. When I bend over I don't feel out of breath or I am going to fall over ( weeble wobble). 
      I am having a hard time with my sweet tooth, it is very hard to not want to get some ice cream or chocolate. Candy I can do without. I have no craving really for that, just chocolate and ice cream. I have gone as far as taking Popsicle and putting them in my mixer with almond milk and making like ice cream with that/ sometimes I have added un-flavored protein powder. 
      I feel better everyday. The energy is great to have with having younger kids and being able to have the energy to keep up. 😃
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Manisha Sharma

Buy Dohar Set Online: Top Picks for Cozy Comfort & Style 
      Check out our top selections for cozy bedding, perfect for adding a touch of style to your bedroom while ensuring warmth and comfort. Find the best Dohar sets online for ultimate comfort and style.

Visit - https://amoliconcepts.com/product-category/throws-quilts-dohars/
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

If anyone has any advice on how to make your stomach feel better after you eat something you shouldn't have or at too fast, I would GREATLY appreciate it!! It's painful on both sides of my abdomen (like to the point I'm doubled over and using a hot water bottle in addition to medicine) and I'm really nauseous (the thought or smell of food is 🤢).
      · 0 replies
    • Mandirigma

Just wondering if any of the Type 2 Diabetics also have there blood glucose go high when having only a Premier Protein drink for breakfast?  How does Premier Protein compare to BOOST Glucose Control in your experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches