Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a teacher so I go back to work on the 28th. I have heard of people being back in less than a week.

Yes! I heard that too! I'm nervous about my commute but I can't take anymore days off! Good luck with your surgery and hope going back to work won't be hard for you.

I can let you know tomorrow? [emoji4] my surgery is in the morning, just at flew in a few hours ago. I'm with Dr.Ariel Ortiz with the OCC, for anybody that's curious, Tijuana is a ****-hole, but the Marriott they put you up in is gorgeous! They'll feed you broth, whether you want it brought to your room or served to you in the restaurant so your companion can also eat. There's a wal-mart super close by. The hotel will bring me popsicles and Jello anytime, and the bathrooms are nice and big!! Unfortunately the woman I came with who brought her son went to a different hotel because the Marriott is full right now, so I don't have a surgery buddy unless I see her tomorrow.

Good luck, hope all goes
Well tomorrow, and yeah, we can't wait to hear about it! No matter how drugged out you may be! Lol.

Good luck, hope all goes
Well tomorrow, and yeah, we can't wait to hear about it! No matter how drugged out you may be! Lol.

Well I'm in my clinic room with Netflix for the evening, we go back at 7am tomorrow to our hotel.. surgery was surgery, I kind of slept through the whole thing. I didn't wake up in an ICU so I'm assuming in went good. I have been walking the hall lots hoping the gas pain in my abdomen goes away. I've been given ice chips and Water and electrolite water and unfortunately everything that's passed my lips makes my stomach really hurt, hoping that'll pass by the evening. The staff are great, and the other patients in the clinic are so awesome..

New to this forum! what a relief I can talk to people who are going through what I am! July 17th is the day ! -Long Island, NY

July 17th is my day too!!!!

July sleevers! How many days are you all requesting!? I'm am only able to take 8 days, I hope that's good enough for healing!!

I only took 8 (business) days off too. I figured that with two weekend should be enough. I only was off 3 days after my hysterectomy and I'm figuring this may be similar? But I did fill out my short-term disability in case there was any complications. But my doctor told me most people feel pretty good after a week. But everybody's different and have different pain tolerances.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

I only took 8 (business) days off too. I figured that with two weekend should be enough. I only was off 3 days after my hysterectomy and I'm figuring this may be similar? But I did fill out my short-term disability in case there was any complications. But my doctor told me most people feel pretty good after a week. But everybody's different and have different pain tolerances.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm hoping for that that too!

I was sleeved yesterday with Dr. Ariel Ortiz in Tijuana. I'm amazed at how good I feel. The only thing is that I am extremely tired. Came back to the hotel today and slept most of the day. I will have to force myself to get some broth from the restaurant. I go back to the center tomorrow for the leak test, and then head home on Saturday. I am only planning on taking 3 days off work when I get back. So from surgery start to heading back to work will be one week . Just no heavy lifting, which should not be a problem.

Hi all! I just created my account. Glad to have a bit of an internet support group.

My sleeve is scheduled for July 11th!

To answer another question, I took off 2.5 weeks. I was going to stick with two as recommended by my surgeon, but decided to take a extra two days so that I'm not coming back to work on a Monday (which is a busy day for us) and getting tossed into a full work week. This way, only working a few days, I can adjust a little better before working a full week.

Hi everyone, I am 7 days away from surgery! I am getting to the point of impatience. I had a big breakdown on Monday and finally feel a little better! How is everyone coping with the waiting game? It's driving me crazy!

Honestly, work has been so busy... I'm trying to tie up as much as possible to prepare for my absence. At home, I've been trying to clean and prep as much as possible. So I've been pretty busy. I start Clear Liquids only Sunday and have my surgery Tuesday, so I'm guessing this weekend is going to be pretty frustrating and anxiety-filled.

... And hungry. Lol.

I have my consult on the 14th and afaik now, I'm to be sleeved on the 24th.

This forum and site have kept me pretty calm.

I work for my father so luckily I can take all the time I need. I don't plan for anything more than a week though.

Also, my wife is a RN and will be helping me immensely. I am lucky.

Edited by Half-Tum

Im new here 🙋🏻I just got my surgery date this week! July 31, 2017😀 Excited and anxious all at the same time.

I am requesting 6 weeks off of work, will see if I get that approved surgeon says 2-6 weeks. I am hoping to take as much time as I can as my job restrictions will make it difficult to eat/drink as needed.

Well I'm in my clinic room with Netflix for the evening, we go back at 7am tomorrow to our hotel.. surgery was surgery, I kind of slept through the whole thing. I didn't wake up in an ICU so I'm assuming in went good. I have been walking the hall lots hoping the gas pain in my abdomen goes away. I've been given ice chips and Water and electrolite water and unfortunately everything that's passed my lips makes my stomach really hurt, hoping that'll pass by the evening. The staff are great, and the other patients in the clinic are so awesome..

I'm sooo happy for you!! Can't wait to join you!

I was sleeved yesterday with Dr. Ariel Ortiz in Tijuana. I'm amazed at how good I feel. The only thing is that I am extremely tired. Came back to the hotel today and slept most of the day. I will have to force myself to get some broth from the restaurant. I go back to the center tomorrow for the leak test, and then head home on Saturday. I am only planning on taking 3 days off work when I get back. So from surgery start to heading back to work will be one week . Just no heavy lifting, which should not be a problem.

Thank you so much for the update! Hope you feel better as the days pass!

I did my PCP clearance last Thursday, went for my final blood work and EKG on Monday. all is good!!!i start my pre op liquid diet on Monday the 10th. am supposed to start the 12th but thought it was weird to start on a Wednesday lol. my surgery is set for July 26. I am super excited and very nervous but I cant wait to lose enough to get off my medicine to feel better. I am looking forward to fit into normal clothes. I wish all success in their upcoming surgeries and strength in the upcoming pre op diets. we can do this!!! we have come this far we will succeed. positive juju sprinkled everywhere lol:D:778_heartbeat::785_cross:

On 7/5/2017 at 9:24 AM, Redo2017 said:

Have any July 1-4 people come back to the site to check in? I'd love to hear how everyone is doing! I really need the motivation for my July 10th date. So nervous!

Everything went really well! I'm so thankful that I got on here and reached out to meet some people that are on the same path as me...it honestly helped make the experience so much easier!

The valets were great, the staff at the hospital was wonderful and Dr. Illian for sure lived up to all of the wonderful things that I had read about him. I would recommend this route to anyone who was considering weight loss surgery.

The first evening after surgery was a little rough for me...I did throw up and it didn't feel very well. I rang my bell and the nurses were in immediately and helped me feel better. Other than that, things went pretty smoothly. Do lots of walking, even if it is just around your room.

I am now 5 days out and feeling pretty good. Energy levels are a lot better than I had anticipated. I was a little nervous about being super tired for quite some time, after reading other peoples experiences, but I may possibly feel pretty good because that's the norm for me (as I have an almost 2 year old little boy) ;) Still on liquids and I'm not having any issues in getting my recommended ounces in. I just keep sipping away, rather than chugging. As long as I keep my drinks smaller than I used to, I seem to be able to take one then relatively shortly after have another. My incisions are a little tender, but that is really to be expected. I haven't had to take any pain medication since I left the hospital.

I will say that this whole experience is as much, if not even more, of a mental/emotional thing rather than physical. You have to be in the right mindset and emotionally ready for this.