Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve surgery was 6/26.. not doing too good

I had my surgery on Monday and have been vomiting ever since, can't keep up with my sips, nothing taste right and I'm having a lot of back pain. I'm still in the hospital and it seems as If i may be staying another night. Do you guys have any advice for me?

I'm walking every hour, but just can't get those sips in... I'm vomiting at least 3 times a day

I was in the same boat. Try setting a timer. 1 - 2 small tiny sips every 10 minutes. I did this and it helped. I was not able to keep down Soup or anything else. I could only sip Water. I did this the first week and then the second week got easier.

I had tons of back pain, I could not stand up straight. What helped was a hot compress on my back and sitting in the shower with hot water running down.

I hope you get better soon!!!

Try getting someone to get you peppermint oil. Rub it in your tummy and put a dab on your finger for your nostrils. That helps my nausea,....

I second the peppermint. Oils aren't usually my thing, but after surgery I was plagued by nausea on and off. A friend suggested it and I was desperate enough to give it a try. So glad I did!! It works wonders for me. Stay positive....it gets better!

We had surgery the same day! What I do to get sips in is using the small medicine dosage cups and sip teeny tiny sips. Just enough to wet my whistle. I was able to keep it down. It will pass!! Stay strong you got this!

I had problems getting Water down, but I was good with ice chips. I ate so much ice the first few days, by the end of the 1st week, I was drinking much better. I'm now 2 weeks out, and I can take 2 or 3 gulps at a time with no problems. But, I can only drink SUPER COLD water.

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm doing better today. I started milk and I had about 2-3 ounces. I still can't do my Protein Shake or my pills... it just won't go down. My mom is staying with us for the month and she's cooking for my family while I recover, I think I'm spending too much time focused on their food to focus on my own.

This is way harder than I thought it would be :-( I don't even want to think about the puréed diet [emoji37]

Its from swelling. it will go down. They should be giving you anti-inflammatory and anti- nausia medicine.

I'm doing better today. I started milk and I had about 2-3 ounces. I still can't do my Protein Shake or my pills... it just won't go down. My mom is staying with us for the month and she's cooking for my family while I recover, I think I'm spending too much time focused on their food to focus on my own.

This is way harder than I thought it would be :-( I don't even want to think about the puréed diet [emoji37]

By the time you start purée you'll feel much better! First week is lousy but it gets way better.

I had terrible nausea and vomiting too. I don't do well with anesthesia. I vomited every hour at least, for the first 38 hours. I also couldn't pee on my own for the first 18 hours. It was really really terrible but I got through it and i feel wonderful now. Hang in there!

I'm post op day 13 today. That sickness above lasted until post op day 3.

Im almost 6 months out, think of the big picture!!! You're gonna love the results!!! For me the first 21 days of full liquid was the worst but you make it through and never look back.

What problems are you having?

On 7/5/2017 at 0:39 AM, bright_horizons said:

I had terrible nausea and vomiting too. I don't do well with anesthesia. I vomited every hour at least, for the first 38 hours. I also couldn't pee on my own for the first 18 hours. It was really really terrible but I got through it and i feel wonderful now. Hang in there!

I'm post op day 13 today. That sickness above lasted until post op day 3.

Thanks for these encouraging words. I really appreciated it at a moment where I was feeling a bit low about my upset stomach, my difficulty in getting in enough Protein, etc. Appreciate your post.

I had my surgery on Monday and have been vomiting ever since, can't keep up with my sips, nothing taste right and I'm having a lot of back pain. I'm still in the hospital and it seems as If i may be staying another night. Do you guys have any advice for me?
I'm walking every hour, but just can't get those sips in... I'm vomiting at least 3 times a day

Start moving your arms and legs it's gas that's making u hurt ....make urself burp over and over back to back

How is the progress?