Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing after gastric sleeve?

I had the gastric sleeve surgery on June 14th. I am 2 weeks post op. I've only lost 3lbs. I'm following the diet from the nutritionist. I'm not exercising yet but I am waking. I'm getting in the 64oz of Water. I'm taking in 500-600 calories and 60-90 gm of Protein. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

I had the gastric sleeve surgery on June 14th. I am 2 weeks post op. I've only lost 3lbs. I'm following the diet from the nutritionist. I'm not exercising yet but I am waking. I'm getting in the 64oz of Water. I'm taking in 500-600 calories and 60-90 gm of Protein. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

What's your starting weight?

That's what I'm worried about. I'm just at a BMI of 35. I'm thinking I may loose slower than others. Hang in there. It will start to come off more as you heal.

Almost Everyone says this the 1st couple of weeks to a month , no matter what your BMI was at the start , forget about the scale the 1st month and just concentrate on your Water and Protein.

I'm 3 months Post-Op . I started with a BMI OF 31. I didn't really loose until near 3 weeks. I'm down 45 lbs today, but still not in my healthy weight range, I got 8 pounds to hit the top end of my ideal weight.

remember a BMI of 35 is still considerably obese.

Good Luck!

Edited by Please

I lost VERY slowly. the first few months are kind of a crapshoot. But... the sleeve WORKS. Hang in there, stick w the program! try not to compare yourself to others. Your body is yours, your history is yours, your experience is yours. And if you are deeply concerned, call your surgeon/team.

I lost 8lbs the first week and then never more than 2-3lbs a week thereafter. I will be 5 years out in Dec, down 139lbs. it works.

What's your starting weight?

Surgery weight was 232.

I lost VERY slowly. the first few months are kind of a crapshoot. But... the sleeve WORKS. Hang in there, stick w the program! try not to compare yourself to others. Your body is yours, your history is yours, your experience is yours. And if you are deeply concerned, call your surgeon/team.
I lost 8lbs the first week and then never more than 2-3lbs a week thereafter. I will be 5 years out in Dec, down 139lbs. it works.

Thanks!

I feel better hearing this. Everyone I've talked to started losing right away then it slowed down the further out they got. Thank you!

I feel better hearing this. Everyone I've talked to started losing right away then it slowed down the further out they got. Thank you!

The thing about the sleeve is longevity and consistency. The sleeve enabled me to maintain a low carb lifestyle much longer than I would have without altering the amount of food I can eat at one time. I would have long since got frustrated and gone back to whatever I was doing before. The fact that my body processes certain foods differently, the fact that my tastes have changed and that my body works differently now has worked wonders.

Also, weight loss is about much more than scale weight. Track everything... inches mean MORE than lbs. No one is going to walk up to you and say, man you look like you lost about 3lbs! They WILL notice those inches coming off! Are your clothes getting loose? Rings and watch rolling around on wrists and fingers? Unders flapping in the breeze??? :D My shoes started flopping off my feet and I was like... if I lose one more inch around my wrists and not a single inch off my thighs I am going to HURT someone! LOL.

But it came off. Slowly but surely, this race will be won. Track and Celebrate ALL of your victories, even the non scale ones. Those months when the scale wasn't moving, the inches were coming off like gangbusters and I was going through clothes like crazy. Some stuff I never even got to wear. I would go to the thrift store and get stuff two sizes down and be in them within a month. Before surgery it would take me five mins to go up and down stairs. Soon after surgery I was running up and down stairs. My back, knees, ankles didn't hurt anymore. Count all of those kinds of victories, keep a list of stuff you can do that you couldn't do before.

If you can get out and walk, do so. Take it easy, no lifting, nothing strenuous, but keep your booty moving, your mood lifted, your head high and shoulders back. The endorphins will help! You're DOIN' this thing!

And stay HYDRATED. Right now your biggest enemy will be dehydration.

The thing about the sleeve is longevity and consistency. The sleeve enabled me to maintain a low carb lifestyle much longer than I would have without altering the amount of food I can eat at one time. I would have long since got frustrated and gone back to whatever I was doing before. The fact that my body processes certain foods differently, the fact that my tastes have changed and that my body works differently now has worked wonders.
Also, weight loss is about much more than scale weight. Track everything... inches mean MORE than lbs. No one is going to walk up to you and say, man you look like you lost about 3lbs! They WILL notice those inches coming off! Are your clothes getting loose? Rings and watch rolling around on wrists and fingers? Unders flapping in the breeze??? [emoji3] My shoes started flopping off my feet and I was like... if I lose one more inch around my wrists and not a single inch off my thighs I am going to HURT someone! LOL.
But it came off. Slowly but surely, this race will be won. Track and Celebrate ALL of your victories, even the non scale ones. Those months when the scale wasn't moving, the inches were coming off like gangbusters and I was going through clothes like crazy. Some stuff I never even got to wear. I would go to the thrift store and get stuff two sizes down and be in them within a month. Before surgery it would take me five mins to go up and down stairs. Soon after surgery I was running up and down stairs. My back, knees, ankles didn't hurt anymore. Count all of those kinds of victories, keep a list of stuff you can do that you couldn't do before.
If you can get out and walk, do so. Take it easy, no lifting, nothing strenuous, but keep your booty moving, your mood lifted, your head high and shoulders back. The endorphins will help! You're DOIN' this thing!

Love it!!

Also, weight loss is about much more than scale weight. Track everything... inches mean MORE than lbs. No one is going to walk up to you and say, man you look like you lost about 3lbs! They WILL notice those inches coming off! Are your clothes getting loose? Rings and watch rolling around on wrists and fingers? Unders flapping in the breeze??? [emoji3] My shoes started flopping off my feet and I was like... if I lose one more inch around my wrists and not a single inch off my thighs I am going to HURT someone! LOL.

I love what you wrote. I'll keep all of this in mind. Thank you for taking your time to respond. It's much appreciated.

Before my surgery I got 390 pounds but i got changes my chapter life so I'm down my weight I'm now 280 after my surgery its looks so fabulous..

but I'm been roller coaster of my weight and my vows to lose more weight I'm still work out dropping weight I'm pray for that!