Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why won't you be able to eat pizza again? I eat a piece of thin crust pizza occasionally. If it's more than occasionally, I eat the toppings off (including the cheese) and leave the crust.

I have learned that there are no "bad" foods, only bad choices. food is not the enemy.

Edited by Greensleevie

Why won't you be able to eat pizza again? I eat a piece of thin crust pizza occasionally. If it's more than occasionally, I eat the toppings off (including the cheese) and leave the crust.
I have learned that there are no "bad" foods, only bad choices. food is not the enemy.

I just "assumed" that I am done with pizza, Pasta and bread now. I am just trying to do everything the "right" way. I am only 8 days post op, and so far I have tolerated eggs, cheese and chicken salad. I was a pizza ADDICT! So maybe thats why I'm afraid to eat it!?

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

I just "assumed" that I am done with pizza, Pasta and bread now. I am just trying to do everything the "right" way. I am only 8 days post op, and so far I have tolerated eggs, cheese and chicken salad. I was a pizza ADDICT! So maybe thats why I'm afraid to eat it!?

8 days post op too. How are u finding it [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G925F using BariatricPal mobile app

7 minutes ago, char3672 said:

Haha i get it.

It is best to stay away from certain foods that if eaten too much, can hinder weight loss or maintenance, ESPECIALLY if they are a "trigger" food. Mine is ice cream, so instead I'll find a healthier alternative like Halo Top. You can do that with your pizza, too! Make cauliflower or almond flour crust pizza with all the healthy toppings instead! Lots of recipes out there for low carb pizza.

Once you're on soft foods, Google Ricotta Bake. You'll thank me :)

Edited by Greensleevie

8 days post op too. How are u finding it [emoji4]

So far so good. I am tolerating eggs, cheese and chicken salad. I try 1 thing a day. I was having a very hard time drinking the first few days, but thats better now. I never had pain or nausea, very little gas. How are you doing?

Haha i get it.
It is best to stay away from certain foods that if eaten too much, can hinder weight loss or maintenance, ESPECIALLY if they are a "trigger" food. Mine is ice cream, so instead I'll find a healthier alternative like Halo Top. You can do that with your pizza, too! Make cauliflower or almond flour crust pizza with all the healthy toppings instead! Lots of recipes out there for low carb pizza.
Once you're on soft foods, Google Ricotta Bake. You'll thank me [emoji4]

I FORGOT about the ricotta bake! I have the recipe! I'm going to try that tomorrow. My surgeon has me starting meats this week, so I guess it would be fine! Thank you!

Wow that's great. Im ok but my consultant has put me on a liquid diet for 2 weeks then purees and then soft. I can't wait to have some real food. Lol.

I thought it was too early to start food, but my dr was pretty sure. I am only eating food once a day. I fill in the rest of the day with yogurt and stuff like that. I have lost 28lbs including the pre-op diet (15 post op) hopefully that keeps up!!!

I see a lot of sleeved people on Instagram eating pizza all the time. I've seen one who only eats the topping. I was told that I wouldn't be able to eat it anymore. But they make many alternatives, like cauliflower crust. So I don't think we will miss out on much. It just depends on what way we choose to eat. I am on my pre op diet now and dreamed I was eating pizza last night. I panicked (in my dream) when I remembered I was on my pre op diet. Haha.

I see a lot of sleeved people on Instagram eating pizza all the time. I've seen one who only eats the topping. I was told that I wouldn't be able to eat it anymore. But they make many alternatives, like cauliflower crust. So I don't think we will miss out on much. It just depends on what way we choose to eat. I am on my pre op diet now and dreamed I was eating pizza last night. I panicked (in my dream) when I remembered I was on my pre op diet. Haha.

Lol i am 8 days post op and I have to turn off the pizza commercials! I think I'm going to try a recipe I saw, I think its called fat head pizza. I have never been a good cook, I guess I need to learn FAST!

On 6/22/2017 at 2:37 PM, char3672 said:

I KNOW I won't be able to eat pizza again, but what about the cheese off of it? I am still in the very beginning stages of eating, but I am just curious.

The problem is that pizza is full of fat even without the cheese plus you are eating carbs. One of the requirements for my surgery is attending a class with a bariatric nutritionist and going to a support group.

On both occasions, it was made very clear that bread and fruit will be out for at least the first 7-8 months for fruit and the first year for breads.

The reason for this is that you want to avoid dumping. While it does not happen as much with sleeved as it does with by-pass, it does happen. So ask yourself if you would enjoy taking the risk of going through the dumping syndrome experience. You know. Sweats, nausea, vomiting or even explosive diarrhea before getting to the bathroom. That did not happen to me but it did happen to someone else who was not compliant.

You have given yourself the beautiful gift of a future of health and beauty but your gift (surgery) is only a tool. Your compliance with the program is accountable for 40% of weight loss. Sure go look at all those people on Instagram eating pizza but ask yourself if they are bragging also about their progress and successes in weight loss and physical agility.

The problem is that pizza is full of fat even without the cheese plus you are eating carbs. One of the requirements for my surgery is attending a class with a bariatric nutritionist and going to a support group.
On both occasions, it was made very clear that bread and fruit will be out for at least the first 7-8 months for fruit and the first year for breads.
The reason for this is that you want to avoid dumping. While it does not happen as much with sleeved as it does with by-pass, it does happen. So ask yourself if you would enjoy taking the risk of going through the dumping syndrome experience. You know. Sweats, nausea, vomiting or even explosive diarrhea before getting to the bathroom. That did not happen to me but it did happen to someone else who was not compliant.
You have given yourself the beautiful gift of a future of health and beauty but your gift (surgery) is only a tool. Your compliance with the program is accountable for 40% of weight loss. Sure go look at all those people on Instagram eating pizza but ask yourself if they are bragging also about their progress and successes in weight loss and physical agility.

I DON'T want to do ANYTHING wrong!!! I also had to go through nutrition classes and see a nutritionist, but I really don't feel that she was very knowledgeable. I just asked a question about low carb bread, so now I know that answer. What else is there for Breakfast besides eggs? I haven't been told I could have Protein Bars and I was told to stop my shakes. I am calling a new nut on Monday.

15 hours ago, char3672 said:

I DON'T want to do ANYTHING wrong!!! I also had to go through nutrition classes and see a nutritionist, but I really don't feel that she was very knowledgeable. I just asked a question about low carb bread, so now I know that answer. What else is there for breakfast besides eggs? I haven't been told I could have Protein bars and I was told to stop my shakes. I am calling a new nut on Monday.

I am so happy to read this. If you did not connect with the nutritionist you saw then, by all means, find another. The insurance might not cover the next one but I would think it would be well worth the money to get the knowledge to be the best you can be. :1311_thumbsup_tone2: and a big hug from me! Perhaps a baked omelet which you can cut up and eat over a period of days. Or how about turkey bacon or sausage. In Israel they have salad for breakfast and some cultures have what we would consider dinner during for breakfast. Just remember Protein first and a minimum of 60 grams of protein per day is necessary. How about a meatloaf or nut loaf? There is tofu. How about stir-fry?

At any rate, I am on your side and so is this group. We will walk through this together. Oh, yes there is a recipe book or two out there for us. Maybe they can give you some ideas.

I am so happy to read this. If you did not connect with the nutritionist you saw then, by all means, find another. The insurance might not cover the next one but I would think it would be well worth the money to get the knowledge to be the best you can be. :1311_thumbsup_tone2: and a big hug from me! Perhaps a baked omelet which you can cut up and eat over a period of days. Or how about turkey bacon or sausage. In Israel they have salad for breakfast and some cultures have what we would consider dinner during for breakfast. Just remember Protein first and a minimum of 60 grams of protein per day is necessary. How about a meatloaf or nut loaf? There is tofu. How about stir-fry?
At any rate, I am on your side and so is this group. We will walk through this together. Oh, yes there is a recipe book or two out there for us. Maybe they can give you some ideas.

I sent an email to a new nutritionist this am. Unfortunately, they are out until Monday. I am not yet cleared for raw veggies. And I'm not sure if its too soon for turkey bacon. Today, I had a greek yogurt for breakfast, some cheddar cheese as a snack and I am currently making chili. I KNOW I'm not getting in enough protein, I'm hoping a new nut can help me with that. I can't wait to be allowed salad and nuts! Thank you for your advice! I have also been drinking Fairlife milk for protein.