Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Diet starts today!

What's up guys just throwing it out there that I'm 2 weeks away from my date finally since working towards it since my August '16 seminar. I know everyone's doctors do it a little different but I'm just trying to get the consensus for what you all think my diet is since my paperwork got ruined a while back and I don't get my new one until tomorrow at my pre op appointment.

Obviously I know it's no solid food but I should be drinking Protein Shakes, broth, sugar free popcicles and Jello right? I'm doing good on my diet, I'm steadily losing weight here's an update.

HW: 366

SW: 355

CW: 316

GW: 220

Pre op visit went well. Got all of the information I needed, also got a few samples of Protein Powder even though I'm pretty much set on the Premier Protein bottles I hope my taste buds stay the same in that sense. Almost done with day 2 of the liquid diet and holding strong, I'm pretty sure these next few days will be the worst of it. Just wish I could fast forward these next 2 weeks! It's all good though, I'm in high spirits.

I start my pre op on July 3. My surgery is July 17. Youre lucky you get to have Premier Protein for pre op. My doctor will have me on two Protein supplements per day add water(not milk). For dinner 4oz lean protein ( turkey,chicken,beef) and 1/2 cup of vegetables. In between to help with hunger we can have sugar free popsicles,broth and sugar free Jello

Sent from my LG-H811 using BariatricPal mobile app

You know I think I read your post a few days ago where you said the BgR72. In all honesty I thought his diet wouldn't be too bad but it sucks so much I'm going crazy and I'm only on day 3!

I'm sitting here jealous that some people don't have to do this diet before surgery and I'm like wishing I was them, then I realize that there are others who are even more restricted than me!

Idk if you are looking for advice or not but I thought I would tell you something that I did a few days prior to my liquid diet is I tapered down on eating until I was eating very little so I was used to being hungry before the liquid Diet started.

In theory I think it worked in easing my transition but also I'm still hungry enough to eat my foot so idk how well it worked in the long run haha.

Yes, I had to do the same. I started a month ago replacing one or even two meals with Premier Protein. I had to wean myself off of bread & sweets and it took a month to get it out of my system & eventually it stopped my craving for... Wait for it.. strawberry cheesecake( it was a major sweet tooth). I really didnt know if I could work myself off from it but thank God it worked. I figured I needed not to stop cold turkey but gradually work myself far from it. My pre op diet doesnt officially start until July 3. So, now I know I wont struggle as much because I needed time before I officially start my pre op to get rid of those sweet tooth craving. It takes some self control& praying & motivation & not going grocery shopping when youre hungry. I read about how you should never grocery shop while hungry & I used it & it works. I will continue to use that to help me. This definitely is a process & I knew how bad my sweet tooth was & so I decided to work on a pre- pre op diet to prepare me for my pre op. I lost 10 lbs doing it. I just wished premier Protein would be in my pre op since I am using it now. Keep working that pre op. You can do this! You got this !!!!!!

Sent from my LG-H811 using BariatricPal mobile app

I start my preop diet on Monday (surgery July 10) and I am thankful it is not liquid only. I do have to have 2 Protein Shakes per day (2 meal replacements) 3.5 oz of lean Protein and I am able to eat all the non starchy vegetables I want, along with sugar free popsicles and Jello. I am excited to finally be on this 2 week countdown! We can do this!!! All for a healthier you!!! Best of luck!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

2 minutes ago, donnad0118 said:

I start my preop diet on Monday (surgery July 10) and I am thankful it is not liquid only. I do have to have 2 Protein Shakes per day (2 meal replacements) 3.5 oz of lean Protein and I am able to eat all the non starchy vegetables I want, along with sugar free popsicles and Jello. I am excited to finally be on this 2 week countdown! We can do this!!! All for a healthier you!!! Best of luck!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

My pre op starts July 3. I have the same pre op as you. Im glad too that at least we can have that lean Protein with veggies along with our Protein Shakes & sugar free popscicles. Yummy popscicles what a treat lol. Good luck to you & all. We got this!!

I have the same surgery dates as donnad0118 and BgR72 along with the same pre op diet. Good luck to all.

45 minutes ago, PhillyEagles said:

I'm on day 4 today and I want to die lol

Sorry to hear that your struggling. Day 3 and 4 were hard for me mentally. Are you drinking 3 shakes a day? I drink 2 or 3 a day, I seem to alternate. If I drink one at Breakfast (early am) then it's 3 but some days I don't have anything until lunch. I rarely eat breakfast - will have to work on that definitely after my surgery. What I have added daily so I make sure I get a min of 70g of Protein is Premier Protein Clear, its fruit punch flavored water with 20g of protein. I have to Water it down because it's way to sweet, but I sip on it all day at work and alternate with water. I think that and the 90+ ounces of water daily keeps me feeling full. Good luck.

I need to drink more Water I think that's what it is. I'm steadily losing weight every day even though I drink 4-5 shakes a day, I have been doing my hour of cardio and lifting every day which is helping i think. I'm struggling with the liquid diet but still haven't cheated. I got some sugar free Jello which never tasted so good lol. Right next to it was some sugar free jello parfait which I wanted to get but I wasn't sure if it was allowed. Same calories, same 0 sugars etc but I wanted to stay cautious and not buy it.

Yes they are allowed. Calories, carbs etc are very low! Just remember they are pretty sweet, you can add a little Water to get to your taste liking. I wish they had other flavors available. Sams is the only place I can find for a reasonable amount. 😊

I'm in the thick of it BMC blogger. In the middle of day 4 of 14 haha it feels like its never gonna end. In my opinion I'll be super hungry and have a Protein Shake and for about 30 min I'll be satisfied and then about an hour later I'll be hungry again. It sucks but in my mind I would rather be feeling like crap right now before my surgery rather than having to deal with this on top of my surgery.

I feel like I'm laying the foundation for the next month where I'm not going to do anything but a liquid diet so that in 10 days when my surgery comes around I'll be somewhat used to this diet and I'll have a better chance for success post op. That's just the way my mind works.

But to answer your question with the short answer, the hurdle is both. It's mental in the fact that you want to EAT something, and also physical because you are hungry for food which is normal but your body just isn't used to getting nutrition in this form. If that makes any sense. I'm not an expert I can only speak on the way I feel lol I hope it helps