Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are some of your Non Scale Victories (NSV's)

So creeping up on the 3 months post - op milestone and whilst I love being this weight instead of my old weight I am not sure I ever got this quick and rapid weight loss that I was warned about that would be all too obvious to people. I just went into my office nearly 70 lbs lighter then when they last saw me over 6 months over .. not a word was mentioned !!! So instead I like to concentrate on some of the NSV's I set myself before surgery which makes my happy. What makes you happy about where you are on your journey ?

The #'s My date 4/3/2017

HW - 275

SW - 245

CW - 208

Dress size was 20 or 2/3X now 14 or XL/L

• Shopping all the fab choices of flattering clothing in the regular sizes (bank account does not love this) right at the front of the shop rather than in a department tucked away out of sight sometimes behind the homewares !
  • Flying, I FITTED I FITTED !!! into the airline seat, I didn't spill out over or under the armrest, the belt did up with room to spare, the tray table came all the way down and didn't rest of my stomach and I didn't feel nervous sitting down next to the person in the seat next to me. I even had a business class seat for one leg and quite happily lead down in the seat without feeling wedged in.
  • I have cleaned out my entire wardrobe and filling it a new
  • I can fit into a bath towel covering all that should be covered.
  • I swing a golf club without my body getting in the way and can bend down and pick the ball out of the hole, and its so nice to do it in cute regular sized golf outfits ;-)
  • Tied my shoe laces just by bending down normally
  • I am not horrified when I see a side profile of myself (still a WIP)
  • I like seeing face photos of me online all the chubbiness has gone I have not seen any full body shots yet
  • I crossed my legs, I didn't even realize I was doing it but I looked down and there I was sat chilled out on the sofa at work with my legs crossed
  • I am now obese level 1 instead of morbidly obese, again still a work in progress but its nice to remove the word morbidly from anything related to yourself.

I am sure there are many more but I just went down my list of goals I created in the waiting room for surgary and already ticked off most of them and some I just don't know yet as I have not tried. So when I get frustrated at the scales I look at at this and realize that yep I have come a long way.

Edited by bs19gal
sp

That's awesome I love that one.

Having the seams and zipper be the pooch to my tummy!

So creeping up on the 3 months post - op milestone and whilst I love being this weight instead of my old weight I am not sure I ever got this quick and rapid weight loss that I was warned about that would be all too obvious to people. I just went into my office nearly 70 lbs lighter then when they last saw me over 6 months over .. not a word was mentioned !!! So instead I like to concentrate on some of the NSV's I set myself before surgery which makes my happy. What makes you happy about where you are on your journey ?
The #'s My date 4/3/2017
HW - 275
SW - 245
CW - 208
Dress size was 20 or 2/3X now 14 or XL/L
  • Shopping all the fab choices of flattering clothing in the regular sizes (bank account does not love this) right at the front of the shop rather than in a department tucked away out of sight sometimes behind the homewares !
  • Flying, I FITTED I FITTED !!! into the airline seat, I didn't spill out over or under the armrest, the belt did up with room to spare, the tray table came all the way down and didn't rest of my stomach and I didn't feel nervous sitting down next to the person in the seat next to me. I even had a business class seat for one leg and quite happily lead down in the seat without feeling wedged in.
  • I have cleaned out my entire wardrobe and filling it a new
  • I can fit into a bath towel covering all that should be covered.
  • I swing a golf club without my body getting in the way and can bend down and pick the ball out of the hole, and its so nice to do it in cute regular sized golf outfits ;-)
  • Tied my shoe laces just by bending down normally
  • I am not horrified when I see a side profile of myself (still a WIP)
  • I like seeing face photos of me online all the chubbiness has gone I have not seen any full body shots yet
  • I crossed my legs, I didn't even realize I was doing it but I looked down and there I was sat chilled out on the sofa at work with my legs crossed
  • I am now obese level 1 instead of morbidly obese, again still a work in progress but its nice to remove the word morbidly from anything related to yourself.
I am sure there are many more but I just went down my list of goals I created in the waiting room for surgary and already ticked off most of them and some I just don't know yet as I have not tried. So when I get frustrated at the scales I look at at this and realize that yep I have come a long way.

Congratulations!!!

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

My NSV's
1. Fitting properly into my too small clothes I had planned to donate pre-Surgery.
2. Donating the clothes I wore in April 2017 prior to surgery, because the are too big.
3. Seeing my clothes get looser and looser
4. My scars are barely noticeable.
My face is slimming and dimples are deeper.
5. I walk a lot faster
6. I can cross my legs!!!

HW - 339
SW - 327
CW-. 289
Surgery Date 04/19/17

I've been struggling a little with a drop down to a slower rate of lose from my normal steady 2lbs a week. So yesterday I had to wear a coat that I bought 3 months ago. It fit a little tight when I bought it and I had noticed it was getting bigger, but yesterday I could overlap the zipper by at least 3 inches!!! And the smallest pair of jeans I owned in my adult life (size 14 from 3.5 years ago) finally fit again!! Crazy how the scale isn't really moving but changes are still always happening when you're being good to your body and following the plan :-)

I took my ring to be resized. I was so afraid it was going to fall off!

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I've been struggling a little with a drop down to a slower rate of lose from my normal steady 2lbs a week. So yesterday I had to wear a coat that I bought 3 months ago. It fit a little tight when I bought it and I had noticed it was getting bigger, but yesterday I could overlap the zipper by at least 3 inches!!! And the smallest pair of jeans I owned in my adult life (size 14 from 3.5 years ago) finally fit again!! Crazy how the scale isn't really moving but changes are still always happening when you're being good to your body and following the plan :-)

Awesome! Congratulations[emoji106]

I took my ring to be resized. I was so afraid it was going to fall off!

I should have done that. I lost mine in the house 2 days ago. I can't find it anywhere. I'm a nervous wreck
I know it's in the house because I didn't go anywhere between the time I put it on and realized it was gone.I hope I find it soon.

HW 330
SW 292
CW 228.6
GW below 200

I'll send you good thoughts! I hope you find it soon!

I glided through the BART fare gate! No more pushing myself through or searching for the wheelchair gate!