Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Drinking water after food

Hey guys,

Want to know if anyone like me

Know I'm eating everything thank god for that

But sometimes i feel that food is sloooow coming down from my throat to my stomach

So i have to sip a little Water like 10 or 15 ml

And then i stop eating

Is it ok to drink this much of water once in a while??

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

I do not thing 10-15 ml is going to make any difference. I was told that it was ok to take a sip or two, just not to drink the whole glass with the meal.

It's fine. Do what you have to do to get the food down, just don't overdo it.

Thanks guys these past two days I'm having trouble to eat anything always feeling life knife is walking down and around my stomach

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

From what I read on another forum the reason you don't drink with your meals is that (1) it makes the food (which has already been super chewed or soft already) leave your stomach into your intestines before your body has time to absorb the nutrients and (2) can cause larger pieces of food into the opening between your pouch and intestines and possibly stretch the opening out, eventually making one long stomach like pouch that is harder to fill up and be full. I haven't done any more research, but the article was very informative.

Make sure you are chewing completely and that it is liquid level before you swallow. That will help with getting food down. But as@Tarver11 has mentioned, there are important reasons why we are not supposed to drink while eating.

http://blog.riversidesurgicalweightloss.com/blog/bid/324869/5-Post-Bariatric-Surgery-Diet-Rules-You-Can-t-Break

http://www.laparoscopic.md/sleeve/what-digestive-changes-occur-after-gastric-sleeve-surgery

I usually try o add moisture to the meat (mustard, etc.) so that I don't need to drink when eating. a little is ok, but you want to avoid it if at all possible.