Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm sure a topic like this is on here somewhere but I haven't found it yet. What is the average cost for the sleeve? My insurance will pay 75% after I meet my deductible. Thanks for info.

It's probably 75 % of the insurance negotiated amount, which varies by insurance company. (I'm assuming in network) my example is a guesstimate.

For example, they might bill $50,000, but the insurance company's agreed amount might be $10000. You pay your deductible and the 25% of 10k, not 50k. The dr writes the rest off.

To complicate things, the insurance company might offer a cash rate of $7000.

There are plenty of stories on here of initial bills are 40 to to 50,000 but most of that gets written off.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

So I'm sure a topic like this is on here somewhere but I haven't found it yet. What is the average cost for the sleeve? My insurance will pay 75% after I meet my deductible. We go on vacation in 2 weeks and then my cousin and I are gonna go to the required seminar when we get back. We are wanting to go thru the experience together. Thanks for the info

So I'm sure a topic like this is on here somewhere but I haven't found it yet. What is the average cost for the sleeve? My insurance will pay 75% after I meet my deductible. We go on vacation in 2 weeks and then my cousin and I are gonna go to the required seminar when we get back. We are wanting to go thru the experience together. Thanks for the info

It just depend on the area and physician really, I did a cost estimate with my insurance and the average cost in my area is around 22K. My insurance will pay 80% once my deductible is met and 100% once my out of pocket maximum is met. I have UHC.

I think it depends on location and where you are at. Seeing how you are in Arkansas and I'm in MO the cost maybe similar than what might get done if you where on one of the coastal states. My sleeve procedure cost about $13/15K give or take. How long you stay in the hospital will definitely factor into the cost. The way my surgeon broke it down was like this:

Hospital stay cost for 3 days: $3500
General Anesthesia: $1500
Sleeve Gastronomy Procedure: $7500
Antibiotic/Morphine: $2500

Because I had a pre-existing condition (Type 2 Diabetes) My insurance covered about 95% of the cost. I think my final out of pocket cost for this was about $500 with deductibles and other costs that insurance wouldn't pick up.

yeah here in massachusetts i paid between 6 and 8 grand after the 80% but ive seen costs anywhere from 15 to 40 depending on where in the US you are having it done.

Wow. I paid less then that in Mexico. It blows my mind that even with insurance people are paying $8000 for a sleeve.

I apologize for posting in the guys room. I didn't notice that was where this thread was located.

My insurance didn't cover my surgery, however, it did help with some of the testing, which is important to factor into your total cost, as well as how long you stay in the hospital, that's the most expensive part.

All, I'm around $21K

My insurance was charged a total of $70k but only paid out $50k. My surgeon and assistant were paid $20k but they are still billing me $1,100 for my deductible. The surgery only took an hour.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

My insurance was charged a total of $70k but only paid out $50k. My surgeon and assistant were paid $20k but they are still billing me $1,100 for my deductible. The surgery only took an hour.

And I wad in the hospital for 22 hours. I had no complications.

On 6/22/2017 at 5:02 PM, FamilyGuyNJ said:

$70k?!? Wow that's insane!