Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

APPROVED - Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield

Ugh! The following is a vent!

I hate hate hate hate hate the girl that schedules surgeries. She has to be one of the rudest secretaries I've met. I called 5 times on Thursday with no call back, several more times on Friday and she finally calls me at 4:55PM. She then proceeds to try to convince me that we talked about this the day before, and I have no idea why she is arguing with me about not receiving the authorization from my insurance company. All I could tell her is the authorization person called said it was approve and she would be calling me Thursday to schedule. I am not able to explain another persons actions or why that person did not give her the paperwork. But the thing that drives me nuts is that she will not tell me if there are any surgery dates open in March. I don't need the exact dates a simple yes or now would suffice. I've changed jobs and not 100% sure the new insurance would cover the surgery. So all I want to know is if there is a possibility there is a date. If there is not a date then I need to get going on Cobra. But nope she would not budge. Ugh!

How is everyone doing? I am scheduled for Wednesday...scare,nervous and excited all at the same time. This pre op diet is a nightmare....been cheating with salads....but that's it...can't wait for it to be over!!!

sharon:)

Sharon,

I'm also being banded on 3/12 and I'm nervous about the general "surgery" concept -- not so much the band, although the reality of that has been setting in, too. I went yesterday to get all the foods I can eat afterwards, which is basically Jello, Protein Shakes and ... jello. I feel as though I'm going to be living on "air" for a while and well, at least that'll knock some weight off and get me going in the right direction. I've already been low carbing, and that has dropped me about 7 lbs, too.

I hate the pre-op diet. I did ask the nurse what the point exactly of it was -- I wanted to know if it had ANYTHINg to do with the stomach and she said it didn't. That it is only designed to shrink the liver (remove the glucose) and since I'm in full on ketosis, I'm not too worried about it at this point. I know some docs don't require it, some seem to only require it for a few days, things like that. I'm excited, oddly enough, to move to the post-op diet just because the change is so significant -- a good slap in the face, really -- to get one accustomed to the realities of what life is going to be for a while.

I'm excited you're getting banded on the same day as me!! Maybe we can chat as things go along. Where are you ?

--B

wow you two are post surgery by now I finally got my date today... mach 8th...just under the wire

Exactly...this is what happened to me! We switched August 1st and the 'new and improved' plan does not cover the band (or any other weight loss surgery) but our old plan did. GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! I am still gathering my letters from dr's to submit my appeal. Either way, I will have the band done...just when I don't know

call back to the facility and request to speak to her supervisor. I use to work in a medical facility and there is NO excuse for this type of customer service!!

Hello,

I was wondering what exactly you submitted to your insurance company in order to not have to complete the 6 month diet. Can you send me your letter if you wrote one? Please be specific I need as much help as possble thank you.