Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Days in Mexico pre and post surgery?

Yay! I'm happy I won't have to ride alone. I'm sure the valets are wonderful but it helps to have some company to avoid that ackwardness of being alone in the vehicle.

Agreed! I know it's a silly thing (considering everything else that will be happening that day) to be nervous about the ride from the airport to the hospital....but SO happy that I won't be alone.

1 hour ago, samantha814 said:

Agreed! I know it's a silly thing (considering everything else that will be happening that day) to be nervous about the ride from the airport to the hospital....but SO happy that I won't be alone.

My surgery is on the 6th and that's the day I'm flying in ... I saw you mentioned July 4th... did you switch days?

Dr. Illan starts his Surgeries after 2.p.m. and usually Ladies first (He is such a Gentleman). I Promise this will be the Best Decision you have ever made. I was so impressed that if time allows I will never have Surgery in the States again.

I'm not so sure about that. I believe I had my surgery around 12. Our flight landed around 8:13 am. We were taken to the hospital, filled out paperwork, was taken to my hospital room, changed, had IV put in, blood tests and x-rays done, given anxiety medication, then was being wheeled back for surgery. I think the surgery time depends on when you arrive. But I know I definitely didn't wait until after 2pm.

I was told the 2pm start was because he does his rounds till 2 but maybe that is just a Generalization and it varies. The part I Love is that he limits the amount of surgeries he performs per day and his ability to put you at ease when he comes in Pre-Op. When he walked out of the room prior to Surgery I felt at ease knowing that he and his Staff were going to take the Very Best Care of me. I didn't realize all that I had given up by allowing this weight to strangle the Life out of me.

Flew into San Antonio Thurs. Overnight in Eagle Pass TX. Driver came to pick us up Fri morning. Drove over the border to doc's clinic. Surgery around 10:30 AM.

Checked out Sunday afternoon. Flew back to Atlanta same day. Hit my front door around 8:30PM. Could have stayed an extra day but my folks were coming into town.

12 hours ago, CarmellaX said:

My surgery is on the 6th and that's the day I'm flying in ... I saw you mentioned July 4th... did you switch days?

Sorry, I guess I misread and thought you were scheduled the same day as me.

At least I will be a couple of days ahead of you and will be there for support and also to let you know how things went (hopefully how easy they went) and help put your nerves at ease a little!

Is anyone else flying in on the 4th?

Flew into San Antonio Thurs. Overnight in Eagle Pass TX. Driver came to pick us up Fri morning. Drove over the border to doc's clinic. Surgery around 10:30 AM.
Checked out Sunday afternoon. Flew back to Atlanta same day. Hit my front door around 8:30PM. Could have stayed an extra day but my folks were coming into town.

What clinic and doctor did you use? I live in Mississippi and flying into San Antonio would be so much closer for me.