Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh to pass time I was on here a LOT. I colored some. I couldn't read a lot because I couldn't stay focused. I napped. I sat on my porch and watched my goats play. It was a bit boring and I felt so useless.

Omg...so long to wait ... :) I thought maybe there are some kind of special post op energy drinks... :) or someone could create post op e-game :) definitely there is a room for improvement :)

Omg...so long to wait ... [emoji4] I thought maybe there are some kind of special post op energy drinks... [emoji4] or someone could create post op e-game [emoji4] definitely there is a room for improvement [emoji4]

Well I'm 53 and don't know if that has anything to do with it. Maybe if you're younger you'll get yours back faster. Fingers crossed for you

Dear Joann, thank you very much! I do also wish that your energy returns quicker as well, all my best wishes flying to you from Lithuania :) I had a surgery with a 70 years old lady, 3 days after surgery she started gardening and doing berry jams for her grandchildren :) so I think at some point it could be age, but definitely not 100% as you can see from this example. In any case, I think I need to try some healing meditation....

On 6/21/2017 at 8:14 AM, JaneO said:

Good luck to all having surgery today! It really is life-changing! I am 16 days post-op and feeling FABULOUS!!

Congrats!!

At what day did it feel you were turning the corner on feeling better?

I've been the opposite. SO much energy but attribute that to my blood glucose being normal finally. Maybe when you add Protein it will help. My first 4 days post op were tough but since I have been frustrated because I want to do so much and can't.

Hi! On day 5 post op. Thinking what the hell did I do to myself. Still in pain. This is the first day I felt like writing. I guess it is different for every person. I decided to cut down my pain med to 2x a day. Hopefully will get better. I ha d to stay in hospital a day longer cause I couldn't pee real quick. I finally also can take a deep breath.

Hi! On day 5 post op. Thinking what the hell did I do to myself. Still in pain. This is the first day I felt like writing. I guess it is different for every person. I decided to cut down my pain med to 2x a day. Hopefully will get better. I ha d to stay in hospital a day longer cause I couldn't pee real quick. I finally also can take a deep breath.

I'm day 3 post op and still in tons of pain. Also getting horrible headaches that will not go away :-(

Pain gets better. I promise! I am 20 days post op and feel great. Around day 14 pain gets much better. I can take very big sips of Water, eat yogurt and very soft eggs with no issues. Headache could be from the narcotic. Try straight Tylenol. Also look into getting a belly binder. It helps keep those muscles tight so you don't have to. Ice packs also feel good. Stay focused on the end game. It's worth it!

Day 5 post op for me and slowly turning the corner. I also stayed an extra night in the hospital as a precaution with my throat from the tube. It was fine by morning. I am confused because I was told I would not have hunger pangs anymore but what I have sure feels like very strong ones.

I have seen how different everyone is. The day after my surgery a fellow that had his the same day was walking 10 laps around the 7th floor of the hospital. Goes to show that we will all get there soon and not look back with regret. We can now look ahead the the desired changes.

2 hours ago, monica91355 said:

I'm day 3 post op and still in tons of pain. Also getting horrible headaches that will not go away :-(

I too am getting headaches from the pain meds to ease my abdominal pain. Funny huh?

9 hours ago, Hardscratch said:

Day 5 post op for me and slowly turning the corner. I also stayed an extra night in the hospital as a precaution with my throat from the tube. It was fine by morning. I am confused because I was told I would not have hunger pangs anymore but what I have sure feels like very strong ones.

I have seen how different everyone is. The day after my surgery a fellow that had his the same day was walking 10 laps around the 7th floor of the hospital. Goes to show that we will all get there soon and not look back with regret. We can now look ahead the the desired changes.

I'm 5 days out and also have what feels like hunger pangs, but I'm not sure. Doing well, some fatigue sets in from time to time.

I had mine on June 21st 2017 too!!

My problem is gas pains, not feeling hungry and not get full signals. I'm frustrated because I don't want to over or under eat but really not wanting to eat at all due to gas pains! Anyone else still having gas pains? I have been up and moving since 4 hours post op. By Wednesday night I had walked 12 laps around nurses station. I stayed 2 days and I'm still walking at home. But can't get rid of the gas!