Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 weeks post op from the gastric sleeve and am craving a salad? Does anyone know how long you have to wait until you can have lettuce? Thanks much!

I had it after 3 months. If you are craving it, I don't see anything wrong with calling your surgeon and asking about it.

I am three months post op and have had salad a couple times. The problem is that it really has no nutritional value. My hubby and I will sometimes go to a local pizza place and get pizza and one trip through the salad bar. I will make the salad, eat a couple bites and he finishes it. Sometimes you just need a couple bites of something you have been craving. Then I will eat the toppings off of one slice of pizza. Yum!

I was cleared to eat salad 2 1/2 month post op.
I put my chicken on top and fat free cheese and lettuce on bottom.
Eat Protein first and then if not full I eat the lettuce and other none protein..
I use skinny girl fat free/ sugar free dressing.
REALLY good!

Sent from my D6708 using BariatricPal mobile app

I eat a salad almost daily for lunch! LOVE the skinny girl fat/sugar free dressing! I switch back and forth between balsamic and raspberry vinaigrette! I also make sure to use a 50/50 spring mix/spinach salad mix. The spinach is a good source of iron!!

I was cleared for salad at about 10 weeks. I do like a salad from time to time but since it has lower Protein value I will make sure my other meals that day are protein packed. Also I like to put meats in my salads. Chopped up chicken, ham, pepperoni, turkey bacon, that type of thing.

I'm betting after you have that first salad, you won't be craving them quite so much. Lettuce is not only nutritionally worthless, is will go right through you. Of course, if you are battling Constipation that could be a good thing. Kale, arugula, and cabbage make a far healthier salad that will stick with you a little longer, are far more nutritional dense, and high enough in Fiber to help keep you regular.

I don't eat anything but Protein. I too am craving salads but would never get my needed protein levels in if I had any.

I don't eat anything but Protein. I too am craving salads but would never get my needed protein levels in if I had any.

Make yourself a small salad that is protein dense. Cut up chicken is my go to!

I started having salads again at about 3 months. Like others said, be sure that it has plenty of Protein otherwise it has no nutritional value. DH tried salad in the first 6 months following his surgery and it had negative results including cramping and diarrhea. Me, I was fine with it.

I was just thinking about this today. I miss a salad and something fresh.

I was cleared for all foods at my 2m follow up. I have tried salad but it makes me gurgle after a couple bites. I tend to avoid it at this point, just don't really care for how it makes me feel.