Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric sleeve 06/19/2017

4 hours ago, leiaD said:

Hey! My surgery is Monday, any advice from those that are pre-op? I'm super nervous.

I don't really have any advice, however my surgery is also on Monday! Just wanted to say good luck!

Congratulations on the 6/19 folk. The 19th is a great day. 6/19 is my 6 month surgiversary. You both will do great!

So I'm scheduled to have my revision on June 19th from the band to the gastric sleeve and I wanted to see if anybody traveled after they had theirs. I'm supposed to be flying out of town on June 26th for a family reunion and I guess I want to get a feel of how you guys felt after your surgery. I'm thinking I might be OK by then but I really have no idea so I would love to hear your stories please.

Sent from my SM-G925P using BariatricPal mobile app

I just got sleeved on 6/12. Feeling great. Surgery was at 4pm and I checked out of hospital by noon next day. Took pain meds just one day at home and now not needing. Feeling great. Taking it slow, resting and just doing tiny sips of Protein drink and broth. Pounds melting away!

I hope my experience will be that smooth! Congratulations!

Sending my best wishes. I had mine 5/22. Walk. Walk often. And get your Water in.

Donna

Yeah, I plan on ditching the gym for a while and walking around my local park where it's quiet and usually no one there until school let's out.

So I'm scheduled to have my revision on June 19th from the band to the gastric sleeve and I wanted to see if anybody traveled after they had theirs. I'm supposed to be flying out of town on June 26th for a family reunion and I guess I want to get a feel of how you guys felt after your surgery. I'm thinking I might be OK by then but I really have no idea so I would love to hear your stories please.

I guess it really depends on you and what your doctor says. I know some people said they felt just fine afterwards and others had a totally different experience. I may be wrong but I thought you couldn't fly for a while after a major surgery? Best thing is to ask your doctor and see from there. I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks for the advice

Many people fly after surgery. Lots of folks go to Mexico and fly home very shortly after their procedure.

Just make sure you clear it with your surgeon first.

I really wanted to stay close to home right after surgery because of the adjustments I had to make but since this is a revision for you, you know what to expect for the most part.

Take care

Good luck! I had mine about a week ago. 6/12/17. The procedure went well. The biggest problem the 1st day for me was nausea. Your doctor should have prescribed you something for it. I would say the only advice I have is get lots of rest and have plenty of liquids on hand. I had to try a couple before I found one the first day that didn't make me sick. I am still sleeping a lot. I am on the full liquid phase so my energy is still low. My surgeon seems to have a longer liquid phase. I don't get to the pureed phase for 2 more weeks. I am following everything exactly. Better safe than sorry. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck! I had mine about a week ago. 6/12/17. The procedure went well. The biggest problem the 1st day for me was nausea. Your doctor should have prescribed you something for it. I would say the only advice I have is get lots of rest and have plenty of liquids on hand. I had to try a couple before I found one the first day that didn't make me sick. I am still sleeping a lot. I am on the full liquid phase so my energy is still low. My surgeon seems to have a longer liquid phase. I don't get to the pureed phase for 2 more weeks. I am following everything exactly. Better safe than sorry. Good luck!

I picked up my scripts, I don't remember seeing anything for Nausea. I'm so nervous about tomorrow, I'm letting the 1% chances get into my head.

I was nervous too. It was over before I knew it. Ask them when you check in prior to surgery. I had told them that I had a history of nausea after previous surgeries. Keep me posted. :)