Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2017 Gastric Sleeve Surgery!

Hello from Indonesia!

I'm September 5th!

I'm having my surgery in Kuala Lumpur. Is that a first on this forum? Feeling a little nervous...down here in the jungle (not joking) I'm not likely to find much support, medical or emotional. Hope to find the support I need here. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Vaughan in Java
wanted to add more

I am hoping for September! My items are being submitted to insurance next week and they say 2-3 weeks to get approval from insurance which would likely put surgery in September. I am having surgery in Kansas City, MO!

H 5'5" HW 273, CW 256, GW 160

On 7/22/2017 at 5:30 AM, Vaughan in Java said:

Hello from Indonesia!

I'm September 5th!

I'm having my surgery in Kuala Lumpur. Is that a first on this forum? Feeling a little nervous...down here in the jungle (not joking) I'm not likely to find much support, medical or emotional. Hope to find the support I need here. Fingers crossed.

Whoohoo! The thread has gone international. Dunno about anything else but emotional support will be right here!

1 hour ago, Jess13 said:

I am hoping for September! My items are being submitted to insurance next week and they say 2-3 weeks to get approval from insurance which would likely put surgery in September. I am having surgery in Kansas City, MO!

Welcome to the group!!

3 hours ago, Jess13 said:

Yay Jess13! My documentation was sent last week. The anticipation of the approval, ugh. I'm having my done in the same state, in St. Louis, MO!! Awesome, we will have our surgeries around the same time.

Mine will go in next week, and yes I am nervous. My nurse and doctor told me I shouldn't lose a lot of weight before we submit to insurance so I am nervous about that. I keep worrying I should have lost more. Plus, I thought I wasn't going to have surgery until December, but then the insurance company changed from six months to three months requirement and I just found it out last week. I thought I had a lot more time to prepare than I do now, but I would rather have it now than later. I could be in much better place but December! Good luck to you. Keep me posted.

Whoohoo! The thread has gone international. Dunno about anything else but emotional support will be right here!

Thanks a lot...think I'm going to need it Starting to feel a little apprehensive. Think it's all the waiting. Still, next week start the pre-op diet proper so hoping that will buck me up. At least I'll feel more proactive.

Sent from my A1-840FHD using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my lap band removed the end of June. My doctor advised, I had to wait 3 months, before, he would perform the 2nd surgery (gastric sleeve). That takes me to the end of September. I also had the 3 month requirement. The insurance certifier, advised, as long as I lost weight & didn't gain any (during the three months), my insurance should approve. I would have it earlier too! I'm definitely nervous, since it will be next month. I need to prepare myself for the life change. Just waiting on the call about being approved & then scheduling.

Vaughn - Yay! You're getting closer by starting the pre op diet.

I will keep you posted. You both, keep me posted too! Good luck to the both of you!

I just happened to call my surgeons office today & found out my surgery was approved by insurance. The employee who does the surgery scheduling, only works Thurs & Fri.

I should get a call in the next day or so for surgery. I'm excited & nervous!!!

Edited by Jama20

On 6/15/2017 at 9:27 AM, Jama20 said:

I'm from IL & having my surgery in Missouri. Where are you from? Thank you for asking!

I just started watching the Ozark on netflix... guy from IL moving to Missouri :)

22 hours ago, Vaughan in Java said:

Thanks a lot...think I'm going to need it Starting to feel a little apprehensive. Think it's all the waiting. Still, next week start the pre-op diet proper so hoping that will buck me up. At least I'll feel more proactive.

Sent from my A1-840FHD using BariatricPal mobile app

Either that or you'll be completely miserable :) I'm hoping for the first... you have to do it for 2 weeks then?

22 hours ago, Jama20 said:

I had my lap band removed the end of June. My doctor advised, I had to wait 3 months, before, he would perform the 2nd surgery (gastric sleeve). That takes me to the end of September. I also had the 3 month requirement. The insurance certifier, advised, as long as I lost weight & didn't gain any (during the three months), my insurance should approve. I would have it earlier too! I'm definitely nervous, since it will be next month. I need to prepare myself for the life change. Just waiting on the call about being approved & then scheduling.

Vaughn - Yay! You're getting closer by starting the pre op diet.

I will keep you posted. You both, keep me posted too! Good luck to the both of you!

Ugh@!!@ All those hoops we jump through. I just got my 6th month visit done so just got bloodwork (2-3 weeks before surgery date), pre-op class and actual op left. I am moving in the right direction at least :)

3 hours ago, Jama20 said:

I just happened to call my surgeons office today & found out my surgery was approved by insurance. The employee who does the surgery scheduling, only works Thurs & Fri.

I should get a call in the next day or so for surgery. I'm excited & nervous!!!

Whohoo!!! Keep us in the know and good luck!

1 hour ago, njgal said:

Ugh@!!@ All those hoops we jump through. I just got my 6th month visit done so just got bloodwork (2-3 weeks before surgery date), pre-op class and actual op left. I am moving in the right direction at least

So excited for you! Your almost there! I totally agree with you! Many hoops. This will all be worth it in the end. 🙂 I have the pre op class also to attend. Once I get my surgery date, I will schedule the class, a week or two before. We are both moving in the right direction.

Thank you so much! I sure will! Keep me posted too!! 😊