Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2017 Gastric Sleeve Surgery!

It seems that the different surgeons have such different approaches and I guess we need to follow them. Mine thinks the sooner that real food is introduced the better and I was sure happy with that. In fact he was very against liquid diets. From Day 15 I am to be on pretty much a regular diet just small amounts and to trial foods slowly. So far this has worked fine with me and I can tolerate small amounts. Still feeling great. But as I said each one is different and probably each of our surgeries as well :-)

No I didnt go tonite. One of Dr's told me to wait 2 wks. One wk today. Finally stoped being nauseous today. Off those pills now. I hope to start Weds nite meets @Nsmc. I lost 45 lbs be4 surgery n lost 7 more this wk. Can't wait to see our Dr. Tomorow n eat some soft food already. SO Good 2 hear From U. ; )

@NZFinallyFree, glad to hear everything is going well for you and I pray it continues to do so. You're right, I think every doctor has their own set of rules...well it looks like it anyway. I go for my one week post op tomorrow and boy oh boy do I pray he tell me I can try something other than the liquids, but from what he has told me already, I highly doubt it will change tomorrow, but a girl can hope, right?

Sept, 19th here, so I'm a week post-op. I'm down 8 lbs. since surgery day, 31 pounds overall since starting the process. Soreness is easing up tremendously, I went back to work yesterday at my desk job. I'm getting all my fluids and Proteins, but that's like a full-time job! I do want food though. I'm not hungry, I just keep having short cravings for something, especially carbs like pizza and Pasta. That's funny to me, because I really didn't eat those much pre-op.

1 hour ago, leahkatehanks said:

Sept, 19th here, so I'm a week post-op. I'm down 8 lbs. since surgery day, 31 pounds overall since starting the process. Soreness is easing up tremendously, I went back to work yesterday at my desk job. I'm getting all my fluids and Proteins, but that's like a full-time job! I do want food though. I'm not hungry, I just keep having short cravings for something, especially carbs like pizza and Pasta. That's funny to me, because I really didn't eat those much pre-op.

I had my surgery on the 21st. I can so relate to your post. I feel the same. I go back to work this Thursday.

9 days out...

I had my surgery on 9/18. I have been lax about posting cause I just have not felt great. The hunger has been minimal except for the first night in the hospital - I felt really hungry that night but much too sick to have been honestly thinking about food. At first I thought I had totally made the wrong decision. I faced my biggest fear of violently vomiting after having abdominal surgery. But honestly, every day has been better than the next. Today was the best I have felt. I don't have to go back to work until Friday technically but I worked about three hours today from the office. I cannot take one more moment sitting in front of the tv. Tomorrow I think I will go to a meeting but I have the option to opt out since they are not expecting me. Tonight, I just feel sore. It does not help that I tripped and caught myself on the edge of the back of the couch right where the drain incision is...OUCH! Ugh, of all places.

I have been on liquids and I find myself going back and forth wanting sweet or salty food. I can see how I would get sick of Meal Replacements of sweet nature very quickly. It takes about an hour to get a cup down. I have been getting my Water intake. One in awhile I see a food commercial that makes me crave tacos or pizza.

My follow up was today and my weight was flittering between 180/179 down from the 189 I was on 9/13 when I had pre-registered. When I went into the hospital I had been on the liquid diet for a day or so and was down to 184. When I got home from the hospital on 9/20 I was 177. I should have never weighed myself because my weight went UP. Sad BUT Understandable since to be at my normal BMI I just have to get down to 120 (my goal) and I do not have a ton of weight to lose and because I have kept myself better hydrated since I have been home from the hospital.

Is anyone in our September group from Oklahoma?

Whoever tells us this is the easy way out is a liar. No way has this surgery been easy.

My weight was down 4 pounds yesterday, but back up 3 pounds this morning. I cried. I saw a Red Lobster commercial for endless shrimp last night. I cried. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

Don't get down on yourself. Your body is adjusting to the surgery. Don't fret about the weight. Just keep to your post op schedule. For myself, this has been a very big change in my life. It has taken a toll on my emotions also. I feel the same about certain foods when I see commercials too. I know, in the future, I will be able to eat my favorite dishes, just not as much. :)

My weight was down 4 pounds yesterday, but back up 3 pounds this morning. I cried. I saw a Red Lobster commercial for endless shrimp last night. I cried. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

You need to hide your scale. Watching the scale does not change the weight loss while you're following your plan to a T. I would make 1 time a week where you can step on it. Otherwise those Fluid shifts are going to get you down.

Sent from my LGL64VL using BariatricPal mobile app