Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So idiot here got on the scale this morning because today is my 3 week post op anniversary. I gained 3 pounds and haven't lost any weight in about 2 weeks. I'm feeling really bad about myself and along with am wondering if I had a botched surgery. I'm past any and all advice at this point and am wondering why I am destined to be an overweight failure. There are no more excuses I can fathom at this point. I am tracking my intake and net at under 1000 calories every day. I'm moving more than the requirement. I'm hungry a lot (like right now) but after one screw up 2 weeks ago have been adhering to the meal list. I'm not sure if I can hold it together; just feel like a failure. Sorry to be a downer. I honestly don't expect any responses--just needed to vent. Thanks for reading.

I just wanted to say that you just may be a slower loserthan most. I also am a slower loser and at two and a half months out have just lost about 28 lb today I hit 198 on the scale this morning, so I am finally in Onderland. I am slow but I am losing and I have had multiple stalls along the way where I go up and down a pound or two for up to two weeks at a time it is frustrating, but I have just been sticking with it and steadily I have seen the pounds drop, slower than most, but they are still dropping. Also, do not compare yourself to somebody who is a higher weight than you as they will most likely lose a lot faster than you will. Good luck and stick with your plan you will see the pounds come off eventually.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Don't be so hard on yourself. You've come this far, made it through the surgery. Focus on getting enough to drink. That may help with Water weight and some hunger. I've read lots of people about gaining when they start eating solid food then they lose again. I'm only 2 wks out so not quite there yet. Don't lose faith.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi there! I had my surgery on May 24th and was jumping on the scale all the time until my friends told me to only weigh in once a week, same day each week and at the same time. This has been extremely hard for me, but I weigh in one day and another day of the week I do measurements. I was 239 pre surgery and am now at 215 plus 10 inches down. I make sure I always get my 10,000 steps in because I haven't been cleared to go back to my exercise classes yet. My surgeon said the biggest thing you can do to help yourself is to keep moving and make sure you get at least 60 grams of Protein. Just keep the faith and hopefully things will start moving in the right direction. I wish you the best!

Maybe you aren't eating enough.

Thanks, everyone, for the helpful hints, words of wisdom, and encouragement. I was really thinking I was that unique exception to the wonderful world of gastric sleevers! I will keep at it and have faith in the process/program. My very best to you all!

VSG: 5/24/2017
HW: 234
Pre-op: 226
CW: 213.8
GW: 155

do you know what happens when someone punches you in the eye? The eye swells up, retains Fluid and looks like crap. for a long while. And that was just a PUNCH, imagine having someone reach in and pull out an organ...wait, you CAN! Because that's what happened. lol!

Your body is recovering from a trauma, it's gonna hold onto fluids and doesn't want to let go, it's healing and freaking out. You are still working out the gas in your system, your body is only JUST figuring out how to digest Water let alone function normally or release the fluids and nutrients it's afraid of losing.

Give your body some time to recover. It's totally ok, you aren't a failure except in the fact that you are failing to give your body the time and consideration it needs. :) You are gonna do great, I PROMISE!!!!

You didn't have a botched surgery. This is very normal. Your scale isn't moving but you're losing inches.

You will have to get used to these "stalls" aka plateaus because they are going to happen off and on until you hit your goal and they will be long or short depending on diet and exercise.

There isn't much one can do about stalls but ride them out. It's the body's way of adjusting.

Didn't your doctor or nutritionist explain all this?

You didn't have a botched surgery. This is very normal. Your scale isn't moving but you're losing inches.

You will have to get used to these "stalls" aka plateaus because they are going to happen off and on until you hit your goal and they will be long or short depending on diet and exercise.

There isn't much one can do about stalls but ride them out. It's the body's way of adjusting.

you know, my doctor and nutritionist never said anything about stalls to my group. I learned a or then on here. I've actually gotten alot of good info from this site. They are all so different as well. My surgeon is all like of that's fine I'm not worried just keep trying. His nurse is like what did you tell the doctor, I would-be had you admitted for IV fluids, that's not good. Lol

you know, my doctor and nutritionist never said anything about stalls to my group. I learned a or then on here. I've actually gotten alot of good info from this site. They are all so different as well. My surgeon is all like of that's fine I'm not worried just keep trying. His nurse is like what did you tell the doctor, I would-be had you admitted for IV fluids, that's not good. Lol

1000 calories so soon, how do you fit that in? 1/4 cup a meal

On 6/14/2017 at 10:44 AM, thabenski said:

I was sleeved on 5/27 and am having a similar problem. I lost 16lbs in the first two weeks but, now I'm stalled. I know it's hard advice to take, but honestly the only thing that seems to the most repeated advice is to just stay off of the scale for the first month. I am going to try my hardest!

Hang in there. It will get better. I don't even own a scale. I use the mirror usually checking out the difference in my neck and back. It's not a scale but it gives me sanity.

Get off the scale, don't feel sorry for yourself and get up and do something.. good luck

Same thing happened to me. Your entire body is in recovering mode, swelling from incisions, healing, retaining fluids. Then it drops off.