Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here are a couple pics from this morning! I love that I can now wear leggings and a t-shirt WITHOUT having to wear Spanx underneath! I don't miss the fold in my stomach that would always hang over the waist band!!! This is all without my compression garment on! IMG_6881.JPG IMG_6882.JPG IMG_6885.JPG

Amazing

Nursejenny thank you so much for all of your posts. They really kept me engaged and calm leading up to my panniculectomy on Friday and home Sunday night. Your posts have been very encouraging , honest, and informative.....a big help to others. Although, not as complex or complete as yours, I am thrilled with the outcome of my surgery and will post my before and after photos soon.

You are a real inspiration and I wish you all the best in this new phase of your life and your move. I posted mine under panniculectomy....check. Thank you again.

Freelee

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:34 AM, nursejenny07 said:

Day 5 post op:

Just wanted to write a quick little update this morning. To day is day 5 post op LBL and thigh Lipo. I am so sore this morning, mostly because I just can't find a comfortable position to sleep in. I really wish I had invested in a recliner! I've been sleeping on the couch downstsairs, and while it's ok for a little cat nap, it has been less than helpful for a full night's sleep. My lower back is definitely feeling the impact of overcompensating for the incisions and walking bent over. None of it is excruciating, just annoying. I'm really hoping I can start sleeping in my own bed soon!

I hopped on the scale this morning. I was fully aware the numbers would be up due to all the swelling but was just curious and wanted to track. I was 169.4 on the morning of surgery, and today I was 176. I'm not worried about it and just keepPushing the fluids and giving it time :).

I think I'm going to try to shower and change my clothes today. It'll probably feel good just to clean off! My last shower was the day I left the hospital (Wednesday). I'm not dirty or gross, but sometimes a nice hot shower is just good for the soul! I honestly expected to be more oozy or weepy from my incisions, especially the lipo, but that hasn't been the case at all. I was fully prepared with chux pads to put on my furniture but haven't had to use them at all!

Well, I guess that's my update for this morning. I'll keep you all posted on how things go!

Have a great day!!

emoji173.png️Jen

Was 169 your GW or was that the GW your surgeon recommended? I'm 177 now but feel like I have to get down to 160 to at least explore plastics. I feel like I haven't lost enough yet.

What an inspiration! I am one week out of my panniculectomy and doing well. SO SO happy with the results. You have done amazing and thank you for the posts you have done. Best wishes on the house sale and the move......please keep posting, you are an encouragement to all.

Thanks so so so much Nursejenny for taking the time to share this post with so many of us. I am not at goal yet but you pretty much covered so many of the questions we have about plastics after weight loss. You look very beautiful and i am so glad you are recovering well. I hope your move goes smoothly. I will continue to check in to see how you are doing. Remain blessed.

Thank you so much for posting this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!! I hope this is me in a year or two.

Here are a couple pics from this morning! I love that I can now wear leggings and a t-shirt WITHOUT having to wear Spanx underneath! I don't miss the fold in my stomach that would always hang over the waist band!!! This is all without my compression garment on! [emoji173]️IMG_6881.JPG.33e528e55dbc6354b6dff2dedb212fcd.JPG IMG_6882.JPG.ce34c0608dcccac6dc029ba050a65491.JPG IMG_6885.JPG.861e910e1efd3ba9a89db059ff03fff3.JPG

Odd question....

What type of WLS did you have? Why don't you have laparoscopic surgery scars?

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow! Looks great!! I looked back at the pics in the beginning of the post -WOW! What an amazing transformation from before your surgery. This is your reward for all the work you put into your weight loss journey (too bad they don't include this in the package as a bonus).

Congrats!!!!

Odd question....

What type of WLS did you have? Why don't you have laparoscopic surgery scars?

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had a VSG :). My scars faded and healed really well, so you can barely see them. I hope I get that lucky with these scars!