Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I killed that d@mn interview!

But I didn't get the job. I have been on a few interviews this month, this is the first one that I thought would be a fantastic fit for me. I got that dreaded call today, "we have chosen another candidate, we'll keep your resume on file blah, blah, blah."

I did my recon on the company before the interview, and I noticed not one fatty. So immediately I know they probably won't hire me because Im a not "normal sized". A terrible assumption, but I'll truly never know how many opportunities I missed out on because I'm not thinner. The interview went so well though. 😶

Edited by Ldyvenus

I am so sorry you didn't get the job.

I'm sorry for this, though I know the feeling. The truth is that you'll probably never know if your weight was a factor or if perhaps they offered the job to someone's daughter or significant other or someone who had experience doing precisely the job they advertised or someone who was willing to do it for a lower salary. Keep on your journey and know that you'll find something right for you. Best of luck.

I have been on the hiring side many times and I don't care what you look like, if you have the right skills and personality, you get the job. Of course, being 400 pounds at the time, I have a different take on obese people than say a 20 something fitness geek. The only time I nixed a candidate for non-skill related attributes was a person who reeked of moth balls so bad I got a headache from the smell. No way I was working with that.

On a related note, my wife works in the legal business where turnover is very high. I can't remember how many times she thought she nailed an interview only to have it fall through. It seemed like the interviews that went unremarkably were the ones where she was always offered the job. Best of luck with the job hunt, it will work out!!

Just keep trying and a door or window will open up. I remember after I graduated, it was in the middle of a recession. I sent out 500 resumes and visited over 200 companies in person. Sometimes it is just being in the right place at the right time.

Woohoo! I just got a job offer. The pay is better and there is an extra week of vacation. AND they give you an extra 15 minutes on your lunch break for walking. So cool! I went shopping for some new work clothes this morning, the size large button up shirts gave me smash boob. :lol: Which reminded me of Chris Farley, lol.

CF.png

Edited by Ldyvenus