Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Sharmom, you are in my prayers. The psychologist I have been seeing for lapband said that many people go through a period of mourning over the loss of our ability to eat the foods we love, and that we also now have to learn to deal with our hurts upfront instead of "eating" them and stuffing them down. There are lots of adjustments to be made with this lifestyle change. I agree with Phyl and Marilyn, you will find support and prayers here - hopefully you have a prayer group or support group nearby. That doesn't always happen - but you can always come here.

Marilyn, I am thrilled to hear of your December date! Consider joining our thread in the December 2008 forum (under monthly support groups) called "Do you have a December date?" There are several ages represented, most are 40's and up. I think we have 10-12 people posting there now and all the way up to 4 pages! I think it will be helpful to share experiences as we are banded and beginning this journey.

I did it, I am 2 days away from one year bandiversary and I lost 100 lbs; I hit this "small/big" goal on Monday this week.

I would have posted sooner but I don't have internet at home right now.

I am so excited, I can't believe I have lost 100 lbs. That is so weird to say!!! What is even weirder is that I am almost half way to my goal...35 lbs more to lose and then I will be officially half way to my final goal!

Thank you all for your support over the last year and a half. On November 7th it will be one year since my surgery and my first "small/big" goal was to lose 100 lbs by the one year mark and it worked! That is the first time EVER in my life I have kept a long term goal going, I know our Lord is the one who carried me through it! This just proves that through Him all things ARE possible!!!

God Bless Everyone!

This is fantastic to have other Christians to talk to and pray with. I am having surgery on the 19th and have been asking myself the same things you are saying. I wonder if the Lord thinks I am weak to have to have this surgery to loose the weight. But I have tried everything and I am at the end of my rope. I pray that I am doing the right thing. Reading all of your posts gives me faith that I am on the right path. Please pray for me that I will have peace about my decison.

My health is getting bad and I am on 3 medications. I feel with the help of this surgery I will get the weight off and be able to get off my meds.

God speed to all of you.

I did it, I am 2 days away from one year bandiversary and I lost 100 lbs; I hit this "small/big" goal on Monday this week.

I would have posted sooner but I don't have internet at home right now.

I am so excited, I can't believe I have lost 100 lbs. That is so weird to say!!! What is even weirder is that I am almost half way to my goal...35 lbs more to lose and then I will be officially half way to my final goal!

Thank you all for your support over the last year and a half. On November 7th it will be one year since my surgery and my first "small/big" goal was to lose 100 lbs by the one year mark and it worked! That is the first time EVER in my life I have kept a long term goal going, I know our Lord is the one who carried me through it! This just proves that through Him all things ARE possible!!!

God Bless Everyone!

Congrats!! That is awesome. I can't wait til I can say I lost 100 lbs.

Blubird, good luck with your surgery!! I too struggled with I should get it, if I was being weak, etc. But it's been such a blessing in my life, I am so glad I did.

Congrats!! That is awesome. I can't wait til I can say I lost 100 lbs.

Blubird, good luck with your surgery!! I too struggled with I should get it, if I was being weak, etc. But it's been such a blessing in my life, I am so glad I did.

Thanks Long2beThin you seem to be doing really well yourself! Better than I was at almost 6 months out. That is when I had 2 unfills and one was a complete unfill. And even put on 6 lbs over 2 months. So even with my setbacks I am coming through the other end...which means if I can do it ANYONE can!!!

Bluebird29 - I felt exactly the way you did, as a matter of fact I actually dropped out the program one time before surgery 2 years before I actually had the surgery because I was conflicting so badly. But I just got on my knees and prayed about it over and over and then I realized that God was giving me this opportunity to better myself and I just couldn't pass it up! I will keep you in my prayers.

God Bless!

I'm glad that there is something here for Christian bandsters. I know we are to consider our bodies "Temples" so I'm assuming that means taking care of that body. Glad to be here. Look forward to meeting more of you here online.

Jodi :)

Edited by jodibyland
addition

Sorry...it's me again...I meant to ask how a person would put the little weight loss ticker at the bottom of your posts....can anyone help me? Thanks!!

Sorry...it's me again...I meant to ask how a person would put the little weight loss ticker at the bottom of your posts....can anyone help me? Thanks!!

Welcome Jodibyland, and all the others who have joined us. This is such a supportive group - all of us have had the same questions in our hearts about whether or not this is the right thing to do. The doors have opened for me just as I needed to have them open - I am so happy with my surgeon and her staff - yet I've had plenty of time to research and learn and prepare myself for a life-change. I have complete faith this is the right thing for me to do. I hope all of you have that same sense about your decision.

My ticker came from TickerFactory.com. There are instructions in the FAQ section listed at the top of each page of LBTalk. I will say I had trouble getting my saved ticker to my signature block, but I emailed Alex and he so graciously helped me with that part of the process.

Good wishes to all,

Smilin' Apple - no wonder you are smiling! Congratulations on your wonderful success! You are an inspiration to all of us.

Thanks Joann - but I definitly could not have gotten as far as I have if it wasn't for the inspiration I have recieved from each and every person here on LBT!!!!

Hi to all,

I'm still waiting for the letter in the mail who's going to tell me the date of my surgery. My cousin, who's a nurse at the hospital where I'm going to have my surgery told me that they were still waiting for medical supplies or machinery. But then, someone told me that his best friend got his date so mine should arrive pretty soon. I know God when I'll be ready physicaly and emotionnaly for the surgery. Right now, I'm following a course for people who suffer from different kind of abus in their life. He really showed me that I felt I had no voice and therefor I ate my emotions. I couldn't say how I felt, it was like if what I felt and what I was thinking was not important. I'm like that as long as I can't put a name on my problem I can't change it or ask God to change something I'm not aware of. Bless our Lord for his wisdom and his love for us.

clempier, New-Brunswick Canada:wub:

Hi to all,

I'm still waiting for the letter in the mail who's going to tell me the date of my surgery. My cousin, who's a nurse at the hospital where I'm going to have my surgery told me that they were still waiting for medical supplies or machinery. But then, someone told me that his best friend got his date so mine should arrive pretty soon. I know God when I'll be ready physicaly and emotionnaly for the surgery. Right now, I'm following a course for people who suffer from different kind of abus in their life. He really showed me that I felt I had no voice and therefor I ate my emotions. I couldn't say how I felt, it was like if what I felt and what I was thinking was not important. I'm like that as long as I can't put a name on my problem I can't change it or ask God to change something I'm not aware of. Bless our Lord for his wisdom and his love for us.

clempier, New-Brunswick Canada:wub:

Clempier, He knows what you need whether you can put a name to it or not. Most of us think we know exactly what we need and we need it NOW! He knows better, and He sees to it our real needs are fulfilled at exactly the right time. We are so blessed with a wise and loving Father.

Praise God

1 Corinthians 10:13 tells us that God only gives us the temptations we can handle, after which, He WILL provide us a way out. If being banded is His plan for you, He will allow it to happen. As long as you fully trust Him to open the doors or shut the doors, His plan will prevail!!

Sharmom and any others fighting depression/feelings of sadness....

I hit rock-bottom a couple of wks ago. At 1st it began with my mind not being with my wieght loss. Then it really hit me when my mind caught up making me see those close to me are still FAT!! Gosh, I by all means don't mean that hatefully, but that's what depressed me. Not only did I feel ashame because I was finally realizing I'm in the "thin girl" catagory, but I felt all lost. First, my comfort of food. It was no longer my one and only security...like I killed my BF, then second, some of my close friends actually comment..."because you're not fat anymore...." I was really feeling all alone. I was unable to enjoy my progress. Then I OPENLY shared my feelings with my support grp. I got some really good feed-back and encouragemnt. I was assured it would pass. And it did..realy quick. Now I can say I'm proud of my progress, so much that I came clean and told everyone at church this past Sunday that I had the Lapband. I'm tired of people asking/questioning on my wt loss doings...proud enough to say I had it done, it wasn't easy, and I've worked hard to THIN!!! I still love my plump friends/family. I want to be an encourager to them, not depressed and discouraging. If they don't take the new me for who I am, then what did they think of me to begin with?