Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Will You Honor Yourself This Summer?

Summer officially starts next week. It is a great time to think about what you will do over the next few months to move forward on your weight loss surgery journey. You are a deserving person, and you can think of your efforts as a way to honor yourself. What can you do so that come Labor Day and the end of summer, you will look back on Summer 2017 and be proud of yourself?

Will this be the summer that you…

• Get weight loss surgery?
  • Train for a 5k walk?
  • Try a new healthy recipe each week?
  • Spend 5 minutes a day planning and logging meals?

Share how you plan to Celebrate yourself and get healthier this summer! It would also be great to know what you are using for motivation.

Kind of wls related which will determine how much time I can spend on myself (weights, new recipes, etc) but probably find a new job or go back to being a stay at home mom. We'll see what comes of it by Labor Day and what hubby thinks too. I guess I should tell him. Ha! 😂

Also, it's too early in the journey to use a bathing suit/clothes as a motivation for myself , so I guess I'll be just focusing on getting my weights in really. im building my muscle back up but without all the extra fat. My goal is to become toned. Might not finish in the summer but it's a start.

Edited by Newme17

I'm just thankful for what I have lost and for having a better quality of life. I may or may not have formed a teeny tiny shoe addiction, and there might be another pair or two in my not so distant future. And maybe another outfit or two to go along with them. I do my best with my diet without obsessing, enjoy life and shopping for clothes is so much fun now. I have a very busy life and walk with hubby and my 4 legged child when I can, but I keep it enjoyable. In a way, I think I Celebrate every day. Why wait..life is short...enjoy every second.

I plan on enjoying my summer as a smaller healthier version of me. I will still be in the loosing phase, but I am feeling so much better already. I have a week long camping trip planned in August with the youth group from my church. I am looking forward to being able to keep up with the kids and making sure they have an awesome time. I will plan ahead and bring the correct food items I need to stay on track instead of just going with the flow and eating whatever is available. This is a big motivation for me to lose as much as I can in the next two months

I also want to spend some quality time with my grandchildren while they are on summer vacation. I see some pool and beach time in my future. My dh and I will Celebrate our 30 wedding anniversary on Tuesday. He is away on a trip right now, but I would love to take a weekend and make it special for us in the near future. So I would say my family is my biggest motivation to stay on track and get healthier.

I love how positive you ways are, Alex! For me, I'm training to do a Tough Mudder type run with my three teenagers. I'm also committed to two vegetarian meals a week, as one of my kids is a vegetarian and we are learning to cook vegetarian meals together.

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

My dh and I will Celebrate our 30 wedding anniversary on Tuesday

Happy anniversary!!!!! ❤️😊

My life has been completely changed since my mini gastric bypass! I can do so much more. I'm an active person and for the last four or five years, I haven't been able to even work out. But since surgery, I have transformed back into the person I am. I work out at least 5 days a week now, including weight training twice a week.

I'm still losing weight this summer, so one of the ways I can honor myself is to keep on going and not let anything get in the way of that. I will continue to make right choices, log my food and exercise, and enjoy the changes to my body, mind, soul, and spirit. I'm hoping that maybe I'll be able to get to my goal weight and be really toned by the end of summer but we'll see.

Oh, and I definitely see a few more clothes in my near future!! (I can already wear a few of my daughter's tops-she's a size 7...shhhhh...don't tell her that-I want to do more work on my arms though before I actually wear them out [emoji6])