Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I went shopping and was so happy I got teary-eyed in the fitting room. Size 18 to size 10 in about 5 months. At my last NUT visit, she didn't seem too impressed. Am I supposed to be losing faster? It's not easy but I'm determined to keep this going! IMG_0219.JPG

Today I went shopping and was so happy I got teary-eyed in the fitting room. Size 18 to size 10 in about 5 months. At my last NUT visit, she didn't seem too impressed. Am I supposed to be losing faster? It's not easy but I'm determined to keep this going! IMG_0219.JPG.9df82d8e0c3b0894d7dbd7c749f3199c.JPG

I'd rather lose as slow as possible, so that the skin has a better chance to bounce back.

I'm so excited to be following in your steps then!!! One month post op shortly here, just another 4 months, wow! Congrats hon!!

Don't worry about the NUT's reaction. You are doing great! As long as you feel good, the numbers are moving in the right direction, and you are following your diet plan, there isn't a problem. Moving from size 18-10 is huge progress and sometimes people will fail to give you the reaction you're looking for. You gotta be happy for yourself B)

Edited by MSinger

11 hours ago, MSinger said:

Don't worry about the NUT's reaction. You are doing great! As long as you feel good, the numbers are moving in the right direction, and you are following your diet plan, there isn't a problem. Moving from size 18-10 is huge progress and sometimes people will fail to give you the reaction you're looking for. You gotta be happy for yourself B)

Thank you all for the encouragement!

So true! MSinger. Yes, I am trying to stick to the meal plans. It's getting harder now that I notice I can eat more normally but I avoid everything with bread, Pasta, fried food etc. Sugar is now becoming a problem and I am working on increasing my Protein intake. I think the NUT was upset with me because I readily confided that I ate a few things I wasn't planning to. I wanted her to help me with solution strategies, but she was too busy judging me.

1 hour ago, VooLivre2017 said:

I think the NUT was upset with me because I readily confided that I ate a few things I wasn't planning to. I wanted her to help me with solution strategies, but she was too busy judging me.

You have taken the first step in being honest with yourself about your mistakes. I think we will all have slip ups along this journey and it is what we do afterwards that will define our success. Admitting we made a mistake and figuring out what to do differently or better the next time is how we learn. This is the approach I plan on taking with myself. I know I am not perfect, but I will not let a slip up define me or derail reaching my goal.

Great job!!

That's great I went shopping at JCP and found myself in the petite dept as well I can wear a medium shirt an 14 pants I also bought a size small in a dress I think I'm doing pretty good considering I was in the plus side 18. I feel good about my journey I almost 6 months outta surgery. You're doing well Inga1018

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using BariatricPal mobile app

I would almost swear you have the same nutritionist as me. The doctor was great at my six week follow up but the nutritionist made me feel like I was failing the program. I had lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks and I thought was eating fine. Like you no Pasta, no rice I didn't even have sugar but I drank some low sodium V8 juice because I was craving it and she fussed at me for that and said I need to stay as long on the liquid diet and push my Protein Shakes and long as possible because I didn't come to them to focus on what I could eat I came to them to lose weight. I was so taken back and upset when I left. My doctor was wonderful but she was not. I of course thought of a million things to say to her when I left like, no I came to the doctor to give me a tool to assist in my weight loss but I came to her to help me make better food choices and give me ideas of what to substitute for my bad food cravings. I plan on telling her how she made me feel when I go bad in 3 weeks. I honestly left there so discouraged that I almost gave up on myself. Now I'm working on the strength to not let anyone's comments affect my success. Your doing great and try to stay focused on your future and stay positive. You got this!!!

Way to go, it feels great doesn't it? I went from a 2X top and 22W bottoms to a 14 regular and Large tops in about 5.5 months.

My Surgeon is a lot like your NUT it sounds. I think I'm doing great, slow but steady loser, then I go to see him and he says "why you not losing more weight" its frustrating but I just keep at it. I'm down 92 pounds and 18 pounds from goal 1.

Today I went shopping and was so happy I got teary-eyed in the fitting room. Size 18 to size 10 in about 5 months. At my last NUT visit, she didn't seem too impressed. Am I supposed to be losing faster? It's not easy but I'm determined to keep this going! IMG_0219.JPG.9df82d8e0c3b0894d7dbd7c749f3199c.JPG

You are doing great! Don't let your NUT's attitude burst your bubble. I think they act like that bc they think they are "motivating" you when really its discouraging! Every person who goes through this journey will loose at their own pace and I think your doing great! When I started my journey 3 months ago I was in a size 22/24 and 2xl or 3xl tops. As I sit here typing I am wearing a junior size 16 shirts and a medium shirt!! Everyone's progress will be different but in the end as long as your headed in the right direction your in the right track!!

Good luck and great job!!!