Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 hours ago, Robin=SleeveHopeful said:

Best wishes for you both! I'd like to add that it's great that you're willing to do all of this for your daughter, but have you considered doing it WITH her? Obviously not having surgery, and you might be of normal weight. But there are probably healthy habits you could do as a family that all of you might benefit from. After she heals, maybe become more active, take a Zumba class together, go hiking, etc. See if you can find some new recipes that works for everyone. Maybe a group nutrition class if you can swing it? Obviously some things are 100% on her, but why not make this an opportunity for you both?

BTW, I'm not implying you are the problem, overweight, or anything like that. I just know how much having a weight loss/health minded buddy can help!

Wishing you success!

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks for your well wishes. Yes, we've had discussions about joining yoga and looking up healthy and good tasting recipes. I'm excited and yet still nervous for her but we're only one day away. She's packing her personal bag and getting ready for her hospital stay. Most importantly, she's doing very well with her clear liquid diet. It's only been one day but she's so determined to make this work that she's willing to endure discomfort of not eating solids for a while. The motivator for her is seeing weight come off and energy level go up. I want to be her health buddy for both our well being. Thanks again.

Hope your daughter is doing well on her new journey

I'm sorry BariatricPal family that I haven't written to provide an update. We are all doing well and Gabby is a trooper! Today is day 10 of Gabby's surgery. She's doing very, very well. To recount the experience: It was 5:45 am when we had to report to the hospital on 6/21. We were all excited waiting for the surgeon and the anesthesiologist. I said a prayer and off I went to the waiting room. I cried for a moment then shook it off sending only positive thoughts her way. Two hours later, her doctor came out and said, "the surgery went extremely well and she is fine". I had tears of joy and relief.

Couple of hours later, I went to her room. She was groggy but awake experiencing nausea and discomfort but no pain, at least not yet. Four hours later she took her first walk and it was successful. Nurses and staff were rooting her along the way. It was great. I spent all day by her side went home in the evening showered and returned to be her roomy. She was elated. Can't say much about recliners' comfort in the hospitals but was there every time she woke. It meant a lot that I stayed with her. It was her first stay ever.

Next day again did very well. She experienced more discomfort than pain which made it easier for her to recoup. Clear Liquids and now at home full liquids diet has been quite successful. On her one week follow-up, her spirits were up and looking forward to removing the drain. 1,2,3 Swoosh - out it came out. No pain just a weird sensation per Gabby. She doesn't feel like a patient anymore. She has lost a total of 16lbs. since the start of this process. 😃

I relaize the importance of true heartfelt support and of course love for the person undergoing this procedure. Without it, I can't even imagine how she or anyone could do it alone. She 's walking a mile a day and looking forward to Tuesday when she can go to stage 2-puréed food.

Thank you to all who shared their thoughts and guidance to help this "Concerned Mom". We will continue to stay connected

@Ance Tears of joy! :)

On 6/25/2017 at 10:04 PM, kmmschaefer said:

How is she doing?

She's doing well. Thank you for asking. Please see my post from yesterday. I gave a detail account since her surgery.

On 6/26/2017 at 7:29 PM, JTHmom said:

Hope your daughter is doing well on her new journey

She's doing wonderfully well. Thanks for keeping her in mind and asking about her.

This thread makes me sad and I feel lucky that my parents were completely supportive of my decision.

19 hours ago, Sophie74656 said:

This thread makes me sad and I feel lucky that my parents were completely supportive of my decision.

I don't think you read the update. Scroll back up a few posts. The daughter is doing very well, and the mother is being very supportive.

Hi All:

Sophie74656, It is very important to read before you add your two cent (or the lack there of)!

Too many people on here commented without reading the post properly and many of you were basis in your response. Just the mere fact that the mother reach out to this site showed here support, commitment and love for her dtr. I am going to have mine in 18 days and I am still questioning my decision, while the ones I love the most are telling me to do it. I am glad to hear mommy and dtr doing well blessings to you all speedy recovery and cheers to a new life style changes, health, wellness, memories (good and bad), prosperity, live, love and laugh...A lot of you failed to acknowledged that though WLS is a very good tool after a few years most people revert back to old habits especially people who do GVS. So, it is imperative that people start change their habits sooner rather later ( before WLS not thinking it is the magic bullet) especially, emotional and psychological issues because that's the real catalyst not FOOD!!! Many of you pass judgement on the mother by projecting your own stuff onto the mom. Stating your opinion is one thing by judging and pointing figure is another, respect and compassion people; that's why we are here on this site. I am sure most of you know that people don't have to eat junk to be overweight or obese; simply overeating all the time and inactivity will cause you to pack on the pounds. So, when people reach out read the post reread then add your two cent... I lurked on this site for about 4 months before singing up and I notice that on many of the thread on here people reply without thoroughly read the content just by there response alone. Which lead to a lot of repeating oneself!

I'm sorry BariatricPal family that I haven't written to provide an update. We are all doing well and Gabby is a trooper! Today is day 10 of Gabby's surgery. She's doing very, very well. To recount the experience: It was 5:45 am when we had to report to the hospital on 6/21. We were all excited waiting for the surgeon and the anesthesiologist. I said a prayer and off I went to the waiting room. I cried for a moment then shook it off sending only positive thoughts her way. Two hours later, her doctor came out and said, "the surgery went extremely well and she is fine". I had tears of joy and relief.
Couple of hours later, I went to her room. She was groggy but awake experiencing nausea and discomfort but no pain, at least not yet. Four hours later she took her first walk and it was successful. Nurses and staff were rooting her along the way. It was great. I spent all day by her side went home in the evening showered and returned to be her roomy. She was elated. Can't say much about recliners' comfort in the hospitals but was there every time she woke. It meant a lot that I stayed with her. It was her first stay ever.
Next day again did very well. She experienced more discomfort than pain which made it easier for her to recoup. Clear liquids and now at home full liquids diet has been quite successful. On her one week follow-up, her spirits were up and looking forward to removing the drain. 1,2,3 Swoosh - out it came out. No pain just a weird sensation per Gabby. She doesn't feel like a patient anymore. She has lost a total of 16lbs. since the start of this process. [emoji2]
I relaize the importance of true heartfelt support and of course love for the person undergoing this procedure. Without it, I can't even imagine how she or anyone could do it alone. She 's walking a mile a day and looking forward to Tuesday when she can go to stage 2-puréed food.< br> Thank you to all who shared their thoughts and guidance to help this "Concerned Mom". We will continue to stay connected

Very happy for her at how well this went. And your support has been A-mazing!

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:58 AM, Berry78 said:

I don't think you read the update. Scroll back up a few posts. The daughter is doing very well, and the mother is being very supportive.

Yes, I hadn't seen the update. But the first post still makes me feel sad. I'm glad everything is going well